• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2015 Ace Race Disc

11540948_10153140143677054_5933604681263928073_n.jpg
Is that not what a Challenger looks like?

11540948_10153140143677054_5933604681263928073_n.jpg
Is that not what a Challenger looks like?

Naw, Challenger has a bead and a more concave wing. It looks more like an Aviar with a slighted rounded wing. Maybe they just chopped the bead off the Focus.

Looks like a Hunter. Wonder if they're going to do 2 types of plastic

Maybe the Zombee and Heat were good Ace Race discs (I missed both events), but no-one was throwing the 2013 Ti Mantis particularly well at the Ace Race I attended. I know, I know, they re-tooled it to fly more like they wanted it to, but almost everyone was frustrated with that disc.

The Ace Race needs to be about fun for newbs but filling holes in their lineup as well. The only real gap I see right now in Discraft's lineup is their putter selection. They have absolutely nothing I want to try, and I'm someone who's actively looking for a new putter at the moment. The challenge is convincing newer players that they can throw a putter for distance, and with the right disc I think the word of mouth from a successful Ace Race could help that out quite a bit.

I think when people figured out the Ti Mantis was overstable at slow speeds they did well with it. At least at the events I played in. The Ti Mantis is also a disc that holds a nice slot in my bag as an overstable fairway driver that I use around water since I have like 6 of them :)

Naw, Challenger has a bead and a more concave wing. It looks more like an Aviar with a slighted rounded wing. Maybe they just chopped the bead off the Focus.

Agree with Aviar as well. I said Challenger because I always thought it was the most Aviar like of their putters.

Not really like a Hunter. Magnet/APX would be closer to Hunter.

Ummm...not really. Those have a neat concave scoop. The Hunter, warlock and warden look like this new guy.

I putt with Hunter every round, and previously used Magnets and APXs. Hunter has a lower wing like a Magnet and APX. Warden might as well be an Aviar. No idea on Warlock.

I putt with Hunter every round, and previously used Magnets and APXs. Hunter has a lower wing like a Magnet and APX. Warden might as well be an Aviar. No idea on Warlock.

Your f'ing with me, right? Are you sure you're not thinking of the clutch?

Here is a profile pic from the Hunter thread. The comparison pics there do not show the lower portion as it really looks.

attachment.php

Definately would say it is a mcpro avair clone. Who knows really though till you get out and feel/throw it.

I don't know what you want me to say...that looks nothing like a magnet.

I guess the ar disc has a softer and rounder nose than the Hunter. Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:
I don't know what you want me to say...that looks nothing like a magnet.

I guess the ar disc has a...softer nose than the Hunter? Is that what you're saying?

I just don't understand what you're seeing. Nothing like a Magnet? It's damn near a Magnet clone LOL Are you looking closely at the bottom half?

The AR disc is nothing like a Hunter. It looks a lot like an Aviar/Warden. I have no idea what softer nose means.

I just don't understand what you're seeing. Nothing like a Magnet? It's damn near a Magnet clone LOL Are you looking closely at the bottom half?

The AR disc is nothing like a Hunter. It looks a lot like an Aviar/Warden. I have no idea what softer nose means.
Less of an angle perhaps. The hunter nose looks sharper to me than an aviar or warden.

Latest posts