• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Beaver State Fling presented by Keen Footwear

Par was set just right for these holes/courses. Just because our tremendously-gifted MPO players are able to get birdies on some holes does not mean par should be lowered.

Par was set just right – for the Grandmasters (if there is such a thing as Grandmaster par). Not for MPO.

MPO players should get some birdies if par is set right. But, when everyone who cashes is getting an average of 7 birdies per round, the value of each birdie is diminished.

When par is set as high as it was, it makes it more difficult to know if you are keeping up with the field.
First you have to guess how many total birdies it will take to keep up with the field over 18 holes.
Then, you have to multiply that by the number of holes you have completed and divide by 18 (or more accurately, count how many of the holes you have completed were the "must birdie" holes that everyone knows about - i.e. where par is wrong).
Then subtract that from the number of birdies you actually got, net of bogies.
If you have already played some rounds, don't forget to account for the number of birdies the field expected on the courses you've already played.
After all that, if the number is zero or less, you're keeping up.​

Par works best when the average number of birdies minus bogies for players that cash is close to zero. Each birdie would mean you gained a throw vs. the field. Each bogie would mean you lost a throw. To know how you are doing, just look at your score relative to par. If your score is lower than par, you are keeping up with the field, no matter how many rounds or holes you have played.

Plus, when planning your throws from the tee, you wouldn't need to remember which holes you "must birdie". Just look at par for that hole to know what you need to shoot for.

This has been covered pretty thoroughly, but I wanted to chime in on Wills 17. He clipped a REALLY early branch, one he probably didn't think was in play on that shot. If he would have hit something farther down the fairway it probably would have been a routine up and down for 3. It's easy to second guess him cuz he lost, but just because he had a bad outcome doesn't mean his decision making process was bad. That was the line he had taken all week and it had worked well for him up until that point. Throwing a different shot, one he probably hadn't practiced or planned to throw, is a huge risk in an of itself. When you play your game and someone beats you, oh well, they played better and you tip your cap. Changing your game plan at the last moment and losing would hurt much worse IMHO
I totally agree.

Also looking at your sig. I might have a few old TL's. I'll look tonight and PM you if I do.

Will's had some putting issues all season long. It was the worst at the Memorial. He seems to have ironed most of it out, now, but he still has his moments where it takes him forever to pull the trigger.

Loved Doss's reply to a comment on Sunday when a guy said loudly "Nate Doss you're my hero!"

Doss turned to the right and said something like "Sorry to hear that, you've got some pretty low standards my friend". Keeping the air light and cracking jokes is always a sign of a well seasoned pro with style.

Barsby knows how to keep the tension at ease......even when he's not playing his best.

^^^ Hole 18 on Saturday, Barsby throws a roller that turned out pretty decent but didn't look like it from the onset, the crowd cheered and clapped up by the green,

Greg was a little shocked that the cheers were for him and said, "they just don't know my game". Very funny comment and light of him, he didn't play well that day but still kept it loose:thmbup:.

I was the goon in the white bucket hat.

Will's had some putting issues all season long. It was the worst at the Memorial. He seems to have ironed most of it out, now, but he still has his moments where it takes him forever to pull the trigger.

Weakside Schusterick struck again!

So.... In the CCDG video of he chase card final round, they said that Nikko is no longer throwing MVP plastic, and seems to be chucking some trilogy, what is everyone's thoughts.

Par works best when you completely ignore it and focus on getting the lowest score possible.

Not my quote, but True. When par is not set correctly.

If you had a mattress stuffed with twigs you would sleep best by ignoring it and focusing on finding the softest spot on the floor. Only after trying out a feather bed would you see that a mattress has value.

So.... In the CCDG video of he chase card final round, they said that Nikko is no longer throwing MVP plastic, and seems to be chucking some trilogy, what is everyone's thoughts.

Unless there's a lot of money involved, I can't see Nikko tied down to a single disc manufacturer.

yeah he didn't throw much in any videos I've seen to begin with. people have been asking for a "ITB" for months now on his FB page. He is kind of like a ghost IMO, lol.

In the most recent vids it looked like Wizards (durrrrr), a white midrange I would assume is a Ghost, Mongoose roller, Rival/Patriot or both, probably Outlaw, and a high speed handeye disc that I would assume is an Enforcer.

yeah he didn't throw much in any videos I've seen to begin with. people have been asking for a "ITB" for months now on his FB page. He is kind of like a ghost IMO, lol.

I asked him THREE times at Masters Cup for an ITB and got shot down. In a nice way for the record.

Hey so what round do you guys want to watch next?
Part 2 final round chase card will be up tomorrow. After that I was thinking Lead card final round?
This is what we filmed but is not yet posted:
Round 1: McBeth and McBride card (the McCard)
Round 1: Nate Sexton, Eagle McMahon, Brody Miller
Round 2: Chase card
Round 3: Chase card
Round 4: Lead card

I asked him THREE times at Masters Cup for an ITB and got shot down. In a nice way for the record.

Part 2 final round chase card will be up tomorrow. After that I was thinking Lead card final round?
Round 4 lead card please.

Personally I would like to see round 1 from the sexton card.

Personally I would prefer the cards we don't already have footage available from first, so save the round 4 lead card for later since we've all seen it already

Looked like quite a but of Trilogy from NL.

Looking fwd to part 2 of chase card from CCDG. So much better w commentary. And thank you or not starting the edited clips too close to the start of the shot. I like seeing the set up.

Last edited: