• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 European Open coverage thread/split from Tournament thread

well they said they dropped $50k into the media budget and we get occasional instagram videos of putts and boring post round coverage? i'll gladly chip in for live streams or mcfly, etc. videos.

I will gladly chip in on live streams, too. I appreciate the fact that you are willing to do the same.

If you can't take criticism when you work in the media industry then maybe you're in the wrong field.

Honest, constructive criticism is one thing. A bunch of keyboard knights whining about not getting any coverage of an event that can barely even be called a sport is quite another.

Wow. What a thread.

Nothing more to add except to state that publicizing live coverage of a sporting event without showing the sporting event is like doing Hamlet without Hamlet.

Even if the SpinTV show is awesome, if there's no context for the commentary (such as extensive footage of the tournament), then what's the point?

Honest, constructive criticism is one thing. A bunch of keyboard knights whining about not getting any coverage of an event that can barely even be called a sport is quite another.

You sir are the keyboard white knight. I'm sure JT appreciates it!

And you're a guy whining you can't watch Frisbee for free.
I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt Mr. White Knight. I didn't mean for it to get you all emotional buddy. So you like the coverage provided by these experts for over $50,000?

Broadcast Schedule
Wednesday, July 15th

Date Medium Time Helsinki Time London Time New York Time Los Angeles Duration Link
Wednesday, July 15th The Inside Show on SpinTV (LIVE) 10 PM 8 PM 3 PM 12 PM 30min Watch on YouTube
Thursday, July 16th The Inside Show on SpinTV (LIVE) 10 PM 8 PM 3 PM 12 PM 30min Watch on YouTube
Friday, July 17th The Inside Show on SpinTV (LIVE) 10 PM 8 PM 3 PM 12 PM 30min Watch on YouTube
Saturday, July 18th The Inside Show on SpinTV (LIVE) 10 PM 8 PM 3 PM 12 PM 30min Watch on YouTube
Sunday, July 19th EO2015 LIVE on YLE TV2 3:10 PM 1:10 PM 8:10 AM 5:10 AM 1h 25min Watch Live on YLE Areena
The Inside Show on SpinTV (LIVE) 10 PM 8 PM 3 PM 12 PM 30min TBA

One hour and 25 minutes of holes 17 and 18? Well, that just don't sound right.
Andy, you say we are whining we can't watch Disc Golf for free? Hey, all of us play the sport, we buy the discs /equipment/play the tourneys. We buy the dvd's and we all watch the sport we love being played by the best in the world. We have a right to complain.

So you like the coverage provided by these experts for over $50,000?

Yes, it sucks there has been no live or taped coverage. Yes, I think Jussi and crew have got it all backwards. However, after perusing some of your handiwork on DCGR, you come across as one of those people who has an insatiable need to piss and moan about everything.

You got live coverage at Maple Hill, and you insulted the providers by calling their product 'amateur' and 'hard to watch.' Did you even stop to consider they spent thousands on bandwidth so a peak audience of a whopping 1000 people worldwide, myself included, could watch online for free before you let your fingers walk across your keyboard to belittle their efforts?

You could have made your dissatisfaction with the lack of coverage once or twice in this thread, like others have done so, but you keep carrying on as if Discmania, Innova, and everyone under the sun has conspired against you to deprive you of some fundamental human right.

By the way, Jussi said, "Sunday, we will have 29-person crew to make National TV-broadcast and 10+ person crew to make The Insider Show. Along with that we have 3 person online media crew. We are talking about well over $50,000 investment for these medias and coverages."

According to Jussi, a good chunk of that 50k you keep yaking on about will be spent on the expenses associated with the live broadcast in Finland. You either lack basic reading comprehension skills or you believe it is copasetic to blatantly and repeatedly spread falsehoods to justify your self-righteous indignation. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Quit being such a curmudgeon and go out and throw some plastic.

looking forward to the english live broadcast at 7:10 Central tomorrow... :thmbup:

however the link on the website points to a video page that says this:
Ohjelma ei ole katsottavissa ulkomailla (The program is not viewable abroad)

Maybe it will work in the morning... Awaiting some awesome coverage Sunday followed by a package of discs from DiscMania Monday!

Having done a little bashing myself, and after everything everyone else has said, I do have to give props to SpinTV for the analysis portion; while a bit dry, it's very informative, and the information screens are very nicely done. The Head to Head screen especially is very cool, and great stats :thmbup:

What I think would be a bit more interesting, rather than having pros sitting on a couch, is if you had people following a few of the top cards and a few more on some of the really tough/highlight holes, and then dissected shots from those holes/rounds, more how Sportscenter operates. I get that there's limited resources, and a show like Sportscenter has access to the footage of an entire game/golf tourney, but that's something to think about in the future I suppose.

What I think would be a bit more interesting, rather than having pros sitting on a couch, is if you had people following a few of the top cards and a few more on some of the really tough/highlight holes, and then dissected shots from those holes/rounds, more how Sportscenter operates.
They actually did something like this for the 2nd round, apart from showing some certain decisive moment if there was one.

so the message on the english link says that it will only be available live, and not available after the event
1) going to make a sandwich now
2) will the sleepyheads be able to watch on spinTV later (or somewhere else)?

so the message on the english link says that it will only be available live, and not available after the event
1) going to make a sandwich now
2) will the sleepyheads be able to watch on spinTV later (or somewhere else)?

Jussi mentioned that there would be a full final round video out later on Spin TV.

Latest posts