• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

any ideas for low cost accommodation for the week? don't want to camp for 2 weeks though. any extended-stay suites or similar?

Moraine is looking amazing. With the concrete tees and new pin positions (plus whatever else the Worlds team puts together), the course will be a fantastic showcase for course design. I can't wait to see how the top pros play it. I just updated my rating from 4.5 to 5.

Im more surprised that they only play deer lakes once...moraine is definitely a great course. I liked deer lakes better than moraine though...too many low ceiling holes at moraine IMO. With the exception of 1 and 14 deer lakes has better fairways...

I completely agree with this (note: I don't play the long tees)

New Prodigy baskets are in the ground at Knob Hill!

2015_06_16_21_41_15.jpg

New baskets at KH look nice. Too bad I won't be playing KH.

Out of curiosity what baskets are at the other courses and about how old are they?

Knob Hill is also currently in the Worlds setup for the tournament this weekend. I believe Slippery Rock and Deer Lakes are also in Worlds layouts, but I am not 100% certain on that.

any ideas for low cost accommodation for the week? don't want to camp for 2 weeks though. any extended-stay suites or similar?

I've got a hotel booked by the airport for myself for 5 days. It's a little bit of a drive from the courses, but we can talk if you are really in a bind.

Knob Hill is also currently in the Worlds setup for the tournament this weekend. I believe Slippery Rock and Deer Lakes are also in Worlds layouts, but I am not 100% certain on that.

Slippery Rock is for sure. Played Deer Lakes Saturday, and it looks to be in Worlds position, but not positive.

Are you back in the states?!?

Moraine is in worlds layout and probably won't get moved before worlds.
Knob is almost in worlds layout. 1 and 7 need moved once they clean out the sleeves on 1b and 7c.

Rumor is deer lakes and SRU will have new baskets during worlds.
No rumors on moraine baskets yet.

I like hearing rumors like that. Sounds like all the locals out there should be very proud of their courses and the event they are about to run. I can't wait to get out there.

Ricky looking good going in, with his last two finishes. These are his home courses, right?

Ricky looking good going in, with his last two finishes. These are his home courses, right?

No, Ricky is from Ohio originally. He has had a good deal of success in Pittsburgh, though. He's won the last two PFDOs he's played, and I believe they use some of the Worlds courses at that event.

he's played pittsburgh golf for years, its <2hrs from his hometown of Medina, OH. His excellent forehand has helped him dominate the pfdo, however the most forehand friendly course is Knob hill and MPO won't be playing it

it seems like wet conditions affect paul mcbeth more than some other pros. ricky's or anybody's chance at dethroning mcbeth is two rainy days.

Played all four Worlds courses this weekend. Besides Knob being a mud pit due to a ridiculous amount of rain the last 6 weeks, the courses are in fantastic shape. New Prodigy baskets @ Knob are stiff, saw a lot of spit outs with putts that weren't firm. New concrete blue tees are fantastic!

Moraine is awesome! So much work has been done! New pin positions add difficulty and distance. 6 is now over 1000 ft. from the golds. The new concrete blue & gold tees are nice and big! Good grip as well.

Slippery Rock is LONG!! Gold rubber tees are actually pretty good. They are rubber floor mats with holes in them so water can't pool and can dry quicker. 7 will test anyone's arm. 9 is nearly 1000 ft. It's open but the sight lines will be awesome! Pros will like showing off their distance. Lots of OB for worlds.

Deer Lakes was a muddy in spots but that's due to the recent deluge. New drainage plans are almost complete. New Mach X baskets caught better than the Prodigy baskets and were quite visible throughout the course.

Can't wait to see the Pros attack my home courses.

Last edited: