• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pro Worlds

You can bet that most major YouTube people will be filming there. But, I know that Disc Golf Planet is doing the live broadcast. So my guess is that they have some agreement for filming on the lead card, possibly exclusive??? I honestly don't know for sure.

Terry will be playing, so he won't get to film until the semi-finals. And I am sure the finals will have about 20 cameras covering it.

There will be no shortage of coverage.
Anybody going to cover the distance contest?

20 cameras covering the finals? Wow. We've come a long way in a short time.

The Central Coast boys will be out there. I'd be shocked if the McGees weren't there. The Disc Eye may be out there following Will Schusterick, as well. Dynamic/Latitude has done live streaming now for the GBO and SO, so it might be nice if they did 2nd card coverage behind DGP.

The Central Coast boys will be out there. I'd be shocked if the McGees weren't there. The Disc Eye may be out there following Will Schusterick, as well. Dynamic/Latitude has done live streaming now for the GBO and SO, so it might be nice if they did 2nd card coverage behind DGP.

Live coverage of the 2nd card? Don't count on it unless DGP adds a camera or two.

But with the number of youtube crews out there these days, if half of them will be at Worlds, I would think that would be enough to have fairly thorough 2nd/3rd card coverage as well as the women and maybe the Masters. Assuming that they all coordinate and spread out rather than overlapping on the same groups.

Don't count on that. Smashboxx.TV originally tried that with the Memorial. We were going to cover alternate groups than DGP, and they absolutely shot us down. They were afraid that it would look like competition/comparison rather than cooperation. They eventually backed out completely and we took over the entire Memorial. GBO later did this model and it worked out great.

And DD/Lat don't run the streaming companies. They contracted out a 3rd party for that. Bobby Brown is doing a great job as the media guy for DD. He is amazing.

My "slightly better than uneducated" guess as to what you will see at Worlds.
1. DGP with 2 camera coverage. 1 camera follows the featured group and 1 is static at a basket. (This helps eliminate showing the walking between holes).
1a. This could change with recent coverage setting a new standard. But in the past they have waited to the semi-finals to have 2 camera roaming coverage.
2. DGP may have someone in a booth instead of the static cam. They used to do this, but haven't recently.
3. One other YT entity may be allowed to cover lead card. But, don't know the media policy.
4. Plenty of coverage of 2nd, 3rd, and Women's lead card by our YT peeps.

Any guess as to who will be doing live commentary for Worlds? As of a few weeks ago, Crazy John hadn't heard whether he was going to be doing it yet. Who else would be a good commentator? They have used Rebecca Hall Duffy in the past as well as Greenwell.

Does anyone know who will be filming? CCDG's videos from last years worlds was epic--probably one of the reasons I've become hopelessly addicted to playing and watching disc golf--and I'd love to see similar coverage. Will there be joint coverage by a number of folks? Or will there be some kind of "rights to coverage" debacle? As CCDG says, "let's watch some disc golf."

We'll (CCDG) be there putting up next day vids all week! I can't tell you how cool that is to hear! I love hearing the vids get people into the sport!

You can bet that most major YouTube people will be filming there. But, I know that Disc Golf Planet is doing the live broadcast. So my guess is that they have some agreement for filming on the lead card, possibly exclusive??? I honestly don't know for sure.

Terry will be playing, so he won't get to film until the semi-finals. And I am sure the finals will have about 20 cameras covering it.

There will be no shortage of coverage.

I'm really hoping they don't give exclusive on the lead card to DG Planet. They didn't last year so I'm hoping that stays the same. Lots of people prefer a shorter round to watch, so I really hope we're allowed.

Anybody going to cover the distance contest?

I'm not flying out until Monday so not CCDG :(

My "slightly better than uneducated" guess as to what you will see at Worlds.
1. DGP with 2 camera coverage. 1 camera follows the featured group and 1 is static at a basket. (This helps eliminate showing the walking between holes).
1a. This could change with recent coverage setting a new standard. But in the past they have waited to the semi-finals to have 2 camera roaming coverage.
2. DGP may have someone in a booth instead of the static cam. They used to do this, but haven't recently.
3. One other YT entity may be allowed to cover lead card. But, don't know the media policy.
4. Plenty of coverage of 2nd, 3rd, and Women's lead card by our YT peeps.

I think this is a VERY good guess at what will happen.

That tree was the devil. Barely ever hit it but man that small tree was a huge mental thing looking down the fairway.

My thoughts exactly!

I was hoping to see how the pro's attack it to give me some honest approaches even though I typically hit something well before it anyhow!

With that being said - With the exception of some sloppy fairway action on a few holes due to all the rain, the course looks PHENOMENAL right now. I am definitely getting out there a few more times to soak it all up before the show!

Does anyone know to what extent the flymart (or whatever marketplace) is typical at Worlds?

I've been holding off with any sort of new bag purchase in hopes that all the worthy vendors will be there for me to try them on and I've now lost 3 staples from my current bag that could use a replacement. So a fully stocked market will surely take lots of cash from my pockets if its what I am hoping.

Worlds flymart is always ridiculous. As to what bag companies will be there, no idea, but I'd be surprised if the big ones weren't there.

Last edited:
played SRU for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it. quite different than the other courses but better than what I was expecting when I heard how long and open it was. big challenges from the elevation changes and fair OB . I'd guess a 1000 rated round out there in good conditions will be about a 63 or so.

Does anyone know to what extent the flymart (or whatever marketplace) is typical at Worlds?

I've been holding off with any sort of new bag purchase in hopes that all the worthy vendors will be there for me to try them on and I've now lost 3 staples from my current bag that could use a replacement. So a fully stocked market will surely take lots of cash from my pockets if its what I am hoping.

Worlds flymart is always ridiculous. As to what bag companies will be there, no idea, but I'd be surprised if the big ones weren't there.

The flymarts at Pro Worlds are rarely as big as Am Worlds Flymarts. Am Worlds has many more eager buyers interested in all kinds of disc golf equipment, apparel and collectables. At Am Worlds the flymart is also a very social occasion and a genuine opportunity to get to hang out with all the other players you don't get to see during the week. Pro Worlds Flymart isn't like that at all. Pro Worlds has half the amount of players. Plus the Pros are generally not interested in purchasing a lot merchandise.

New this year they have decided to have the Flymart during the field events and check in on Sunday from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Not sure how this will affect the turnout.

The flymarts at Pro Worlds are rarely as big as Am Worlds Flymarts. Am Worlds has many more eager buyers interested in all kinds of disc golf equipment, apparel and collectables. At Am Worlds the flymart is also a very social occasion and a genuine opportunity to get to hang out with all the other players you don't get to see during the week. Pro Worlds Flymart isn't like that at all. Pro Worlds has half the amount of players. Plus the Pros are generally not interested in purchasing a lot merchandise.

New this year they have decided to have the Flymart during the field events and check in on Sunday from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Not sure how this will affect the turnout.

This makes too much sense and makes me a little sad. I've gotten over my fear or ordering discs online (still don't like it though) but there is no way I am dumping $100+ on a bag that I haven't tried on yet. I need new gear!

follow thread

looking forward to coverage and watching whatever I can live!

Slippery Rock photos are finally updated. The course looks great! It should show up really well on video and have plenty of interesting golf shots. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4126

I missed out on getting pictures of Holes 15 and 16 and am no longer in Pittsburgh. If anyone could contribute those for DGCR and the CCDG videos, that would be really helpful.

23a7150a.jpg

for those of us who only use the internet to get on to DGCR, where do we find the broadcast schedule / links? Didn't find it in the last 4 months of this thread. I searched elsewhere on the internet for 10 minutes, which is terrible. If you're covering the event, please tell the world on the event website... or facebook... or anywhere...

for those of us who only use the internet to get on to DGCR, where do we find the broadcast schedule / links? Didn't find it in the last 4 months of this thread. I searched elsewhere on the internet for 10 minutes, which is terrible. If you're covering the event, please tell the world on the event website... or facebook... or anywhere...

Disc Golf Planet will be covering. Which means it will be on their LiveStream.com page. As far as schedule... no idea when they will post that. You can probably find something on FB, but not sure when.