• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

I think this has to do with egos, and I mean that in a good way. Most of these people left their other sponsors expecting to be treated just as important as the top guy. "We're going to do it as a team" Innova and Discraft have always had their main guy, their face of the company. Kenny and Stokley, then Kenny and Russel, Kenny and Doss. Barry and Dave were never able to bump off Kenny.

If prodigy hadn't come along all of these guys still would have been stuck behind some one. Even McBeth owes a great deal to Prodigy. He was gone until Innova stepped up. He became the real successor to Kenny. I thought Will's departure was strange because I thought he was going to be it. It looks like they may have made the right decision.

After talking to a lot of people I think Prodigy really did want to do this as a team, but in the long run that really doesn't make sense. Favorites come out. Winning the right tournaments, personality clashes, being a good promoter all come into play. Ricky and Will more or less became the face of the company, with Will being more of a promoter. Behind the scenes I'm sure a couple of players were looked at as doing more for the brand and ended up being treated this way.

Latt 64 doesn't need a rah rah type promoter. They have that in Dave. They need a player. Some one who is willing to let Dave do the talking, run the clinics and all the things he loves. Ricky fits the bill perfectly. He's young and a little shy, have you seen his clinic videos? He's also some one people route for. How awesome will it be for Latt 64 to have a player on the team that fans will follow, think is a good guy and route for every single big event?

Nikko will and should do his own thing. He's miserable and it shows when he's expected to be the little cooperate boy. Didn't work with Innova either. He will push his own brand Fly Life, be the John McEnroe of disc golf and be happier and much more successful on and off the course.

I wish the best for Sarah, as she too looked left out. With team Legacy and her and Don opening their own thing, Cali Connection, I expect her to also do very well on and off the course. I am still wondering about the rest of the ladies though. I think at least one more will move on this or next year.

2 years ago I thought the biggest mistake and still do was Paul leaving DD. He was one of their biggest supporters and would have been great as the face of their company.

To further add to speculation. I suppose it could be a business that is not a disc manufacturer, though.

Dana Vicich - Prodigy, formerly Vibram
JohnE McCray - Lat64, formerly Gateway/Salient
Ricky Wysocki - Lat64, formerly Prodigy
Sarah Hokom - Legacy, formerly Prodigy
Nikko Locastro - ??, formerly Prodigy
Tim Skellenger - Lat64, formerly Innova
Bradley Williams - Prodigy, formerly unsponsored
MJ - Discraft4Lyfe

Dana Vicich - Prodigy, formerly Vibram
JohnE McCray - Lat64, formerly Gateway/Salient
Ricky Wysocki - Lat64, formerly Prodigy
Sarah Hokom - Legacy, formerly Prodigy
Nikko Locastro - ??, formerly Prodigy
Tim Skellenger - Lat64, formerly Innova
Bradley Williams - Prodigy, formerly unsponsored
MJ - Discraft4Lyfe
Bobby musik- Legacy
Saw Brody Miller carrying a Lat64 bag today.
He was that during worlds too I believe, he's a good local

Eagle McMahon to Discmania.

He's local to Colorado and still a teenager, but he over 1000 rated and an absolute crusher. Its actually a very good get for Discmania because Eagle has a ton of years left in the sport and he's already one of the best I've ever seen. His dad is also an amazing Masters player.

well the discs are more important. Latitude doesn't make a LID!

#failatgrowingthesport

I have nothing against lids, but wouldn't the manufacture and promotion of them be a step backwards towards the 70's and 80's and be a regression of the sport?

#thishashtagdoesnotcontainanyusefulinfo

Also, Nikko just raffled his bag and discs for $1K. I am curious to see what he has planned for the year.

well the discs are more important. Latitude doesn't make a LID!

#failatgrowingthesport

I have nothing against lids, but wouldn't the manufacture and promotion of them be a step backwards towards the 70's and 80's and be a regression of the sport?

Also, Nikko just raffled his bag and discs for $1K. I am curious to see what he has planned for the year.

He's just trolling latitude, he does it every chance he gets. Don't pay no nevermind. ;)

You realize what DC makes most of the $ from... right? Its not their nukes lol. My post was in re: Brodie Smith-- ask him what disc he has thrown in all those videos.... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

He's just trolling latitude, he does it every chance he gets. Don't pay no nevermind.

I threw latitude b4 you even knew they made discs.... I post with common sense'

Last edited:
You realize what DC makes most of the $ from... right? Its not their nukes lol. My post was in re: Brodie Smith-- ask him what disc he has thrown in all those videos.... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I threw latitude b4 you even knew they made discs.... I post with common sense'

I do realize that they sell more ultastars then lat 64 likely sells discs. I also realize that they are primarily for ultimate and not disc golf. I also realize that Brody Smith and Brody Miller are two different people.

I think popcorn, and not common sense are your specialty.

The finesse game is disappearing from the game altogether, and I believe it's a travesty. Not so much the pros (even though several carry them), but the average thrower could benefit from a lid much more than they could from 90% of the drivers they buy.

Technically Lat does make a fastback/lid. It just was never submitted for PDGA Approval because it's a dog disc.

The finesse game is disappearing from the game altogether, and I believe it's a travesty.

Interesting statement. What do you see as replacing the "finesse game"? I believe that the top pros are playing on a higher level than ever before. If you are correct and the finesse game is disappearing, then it must not be very important factor scoring-wise to begin with.

Latest posts