• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

OaJEXz6.jpg

Sidewinder JohnE might have had lower rated rounds this year but his overall score was better than last year. Ratings arent the only stat that matters.

Sidewinder JohnE might have had lower rated rounds this year but his overall score was better than last year. Ratings arent the only stat that matters.

Course was slightly modified this year and hence lower score with lower rating.

The course changed pretty substantially from last year to this year, par was lower and many holes were tweaked to speed up the rounds a bit; they had a few bad backups and people finishing/not finishing in the dark last year. I think it effectively lowered the scoring separation which I would guess is the reason for the ratings drop. There weren't many holes this year that really required amazing shots to score. For the most part if you executed on the par 4s you got a birdie and if you hit your lines on the par 3s you had a make-able putt.

I was a stroke off JohnE, and will have the highest rating for the event, when they drop final 9 ratings. But sadly, my 54, 53, weren't as high rated as his 54, 56 last year. Probably the lack of higher rated pros. At least, the preliminary ratings aren't as high.

I'm Masters age too... Only shot 47 above my rating (for the two full rounds).

So wait, success on this course was just like every other course?

I think he means it was more friendly to mediocre shots. Instead of making a 5 player can escape with a 4. So not as many scoring separators, holes where someone will make a 3 or 5.

All the switching of teams by top pros aside, there seems to be a tsunami of new "quality" players hitting the circuit.

I think he means it was more friendly to mediocre shots. Instead of making a 5 player can escape with a 4. So not as many scoring separators, holes where someone will make a 3 or 5.

Thanks for helping the troll out. That's exactly what I was saying.

I guess I could have said if you executed basic, especially for the top pros, shots on the par 4s you got birdies. For the par 3s, many of the pin locations last year required very accurate drives to have an unobstructed putt. This year many of the baskets were moved to less treacherous or more open locations in the same area.

So why are you trying to compare the ratings from this tournament last year if the course was different. Based on your logic the two tournaments are now uncomparable.
It's all that is available and close enough. Why so serious?

Makes you wonder what Innova is doing for Paul to keep him happy. Or maybe he is more loyal to his brand anyway? Probably a little of both.

Trilogy has been booming, no doubt they got the right guy in Ricky. Good for him.

BTW since no one responded in a video a week ago I saw Nikko throwing a MVP Tesla? Along with some Legacy, Mongoose and Cannon with his usual Rocs and Wizards.

Makes you wonder what Innova is doing for Paul to keep him happy. Or maybe he is more loyal to his brand anyway? Probably a little of both.

They bought him that car so I read somewhere, all his sig discs and sure some other stuff. He's doing fine I'm sure.

I think nikko is going to go back to being a free agent , just speculation though. I remember hearing amd reading something about him saying he would be leaving prodigy once his contract was up .

Latest posts