• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

I'd like to go out on a pretty formidable limb right now and predict Paul McBeth will win the Aussie Open. I wonder what the odds are on Paul McBeth going undefeated this season? How spectacular would that be? Rhetorical.... very.

With the way he was talking about his touring schedule, and how he might not be playing as many events, I think the ultimate goal would be the Disc Golf Grand Slam. A fourth World Championship and his first USDGC title would be big marks for an already great career, but being the only person to win all the Majors in one year would be a first.

Back on topic, I was wondering this, but if Nikko does really go independent, how will it impact his touring? You have to assume that his budget for travel would be reduced if he didn't have a primary sponsor assisting him.

With the way he was talking about his touring schedule, and how he might not be playing as many events, I think the ultimate goal would be the Disc Golf Grand Slam. A fourth World Championship and his first USDGC title would be big marks for an already great career, but being the only person to win all the Majors in one year would be a first.

Back on topic, I was wondering this, but if Nikko does really go independent, how will it impact his touring? You have to assume that his budget for travel would be reduced if he didn't have a primary sponsor assisting him.

I'd really like to see Nikko be the prototype for a multi-company sponsorship. Gateway chip in, Legacy chip in, MVP chip in etc.

I putt PA1's exclusively and when I played the Trilogy challenge at Lemon Lake I scored well because the Shield held the same putting lines as my PA1's. I putted Challengers for the first 6 years that I played and switched to the PA1 for a number of reasons. IMO opinion if Ricky didn't like PA1's he won't like the Shield. Judge maybe?

I think the issue was the lack of bead, not the stability.

I'd really like to see Nikko be the prototype for a multi-company sponsorship. Gateway chip in, Legacy chip in, MVP chip in etc.

Looks like Nikko is in the process of selling off his Prodigy backpack and is stuffing it full of a lot of the Prodigy plastic he threw. Pretty big thread on one of the Prodigy FB group pages discussing it.

I think it would really be interesting to see him take on a true multi-sponsor approach. Whatever brings his play to a higher level.

Looks like Nikko is in the process of selling off his Prodigy backpack and is stuffing it full of a lot of the Prodigy plastic he threw. Pretty big thread on one of the Prodigy FB group pages discussing it.

I think it would really be interesting to see him take on a true multi-sponsor approach. Whatever brings his play to a higher level.

Which Facebook group? I avoid it like the plague but would buy some plastic.

You just can't help but feel like McB3ast is gonna wreck house this year. Maybe undefeated on tour is unrealistic, but I could definitely see a 1 year disc golf grand slam as a realistic possibility.

You just can't help but feel like McB3ast is gonna wreck house this year. Maybe undefeated on tour is unrealistic, but I could definitely see a 1 year disc golf grand slam as a realistic possibility.

With 5 majors this year the odds are against him, but he won the previous European Open in 2013 so majors in Europe shouldn't be a concern. The biggest is making the "Kenny Slam" (Worlds and USDGC in the same year) a part of it. If Vegas gave me good odds I'd certainly put some money on McBeast though.

With 5 majors this year the odds are against him, but he won the previous European Open in 2013 so majors in Europe shouldn't be a concern. The biggest is making the "Kenny Slam" (Worlds and USDGC in the same year) a part of it. If Vegas gave me good odds I'd certainly put some money on McBeast though.

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat also. I'd be willing to bet he takes all the majors and breaks 1055 average this year

I think that was a good possibility before anyone switched sponsors. I wouldn't count Ricky out though because I don't think he's too unfamiliar with a lot of the trilogy drivers. Feldberg has been saying since he joined their team that he's been pushing Ricky to try the giant and enforcer. He's got the talent to push Paul no matter what he's throwing. I just think Paul is so dominant when the pressure is on that he's easily my favorite for a 4th.

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat also. I'd be willing to bet he takes all the majors and breaks 1055 average this year

The 1055 is going to be tough. When he hit 1050 he had shot 1132 at the Memorial, 1121 at Maple Hill and 1094 at USDGC as well as a number of other killer rounds. Those 3 rounds are the highest rated ever in their respective SSA range. If he wants to get over 1050 he needs to bring up his round rating average overall or shoot some more record rounds.

Are you team trifectology now?

It's actually kind of funny you'd try to imply everyone switches "teams" with the flavor of the months cause that's how a lot of people see you. You're a DG hipster. :D You throw any new brand until it gains some popularity then it's too mainstream for you.

If you're asking do I support Paul? Yep. Always have. He's the most dominant player DG has right now and he wins with a lot of class and he is great to fans. I support any open player who does it like him.

It's actually kind of funny you'd try to imply everyone switches "teams" with the flavor of the months cause that's how a lot of people see you. You're a DG hipster. :D You throw any new brand until it gains some popularity then it's too mainstream for you.

If you're asking do I support Paul? Yep. Always have. He's the most dominant player DG has right now and he wins with a lot of class and he is great to fans. I support any open player who does it like him.

For the win

Aim vs. Steeze, always good. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The 1055 is going to be tough. When he hit 1050 he had shot 1132 at the Memorial, 1121 at Maple Hill and 1094 at USDGC as well as a number of other killer rounds. Those 3 rounds are the highest rated ever in their respective SSA range. If he wants to get over 1050 he needs to bring up his round rating average overall or shoot some more record rounds.

Just wanted to quote some posts that were on topic...

Weren't Feldberg and Locastro talking about the multi-sponsorship deal like, two years ago?
Multi-sponsorship deals are so 2008. :|

The only way that would happen is if one of the big three (Innova, Lat 64, Discraft) decided to let it happen. Say for example Discraft entered a deal with Gateway to let Discraft pros throw Gateway putter. That would be a big deal, right?

Well, a big deal to Gateway and Discraft-sponsored players. Gateway would have to kick a lot of $$$ back at Discraft to make up for the fact that you are de facto going to hurt Challenger sales. I just don't see any reason for one of the big three to do this.

Of course if a move like that didn't significantly hurt Challenger sales, we could forever prove that sponsorship programs are a huge waste of a disc golf companies resources...

Multi deal sponsorships also quickly admit fault within companies.

Imagine in the scenario above if 80% of discraft players used wizards instead of challengers. Not exactly good marketability for the challenger.

Latest posts