• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Where is the bolded coming from? Has someone from Spin said that? Is there a link to where they've said that? Or is this just speculation based on hearsay based on guesswork?

There is a private DG Media group on FB. We all talked about this the other night, and yes someone from Spin said exactly that.

Where is the bolded coming from? Has someone from Spin said that? Is there a link to where they've said that? Or is this just speculation based on hearsay based on guesswork?

You do know you're arguing with the guy from Central Coast Disc Golf, right? One of the originators of edited vids with commentary?

Why don't you go ask Jussi/SpinTV/Spin18 for that edited footage you seem to think is still coming...and stop arguing with the only dude offering actual information.

Can't believe people are actually defending the 'step back' we've taken with Spin managing the media/content for the USDGC.

Less coverage and more wait time and the white knights come out in spades.

JC17393: According to this page, before the tournament started, edited videos of every single round for Schusterick/Mcbeth was going to appear the day after the round. So yes, it was promised.

I'm just glad they finally posted the payout on PDGA.com. And it didn't look bad, not sure why they wouldn't post it timely.

One correction. Terry's first live broadcast was the Sylmar Open. He got massively lucky to catch an ace in his first foray into livestreaming.

We have expectations because they stated clearly on their site what was to be expected each day following each round and didn't come through. I'm at a loss at how people don't get that. This is our "Masters" our premium event it was covered poorly and SpinTV should be ashamed.

We have expectations because they stated clearly on their site what was to be expected each day following each round and didn't come through. I'm at a loss at how people don't get that. This is our "Masters" our premium event it was covered poorly and SpinTV should be ashamed.

I guess I'm a little more patient than most. I still remember paying for Clash DVD's and tourney coverage and felt great if they were available within a month or two. I'd have to mute Billy Crump after I saw the video for the second or third time... So I can be more forgiving of a company that is producing quality videos for free, even if they are a little late.

Over-promising and under-delivering is a common error of new companies but hopefully they'll tone down their enthusiasm and focus on producing a workable set of expectations and then delivering.
I see where SpinTV is heading and I like it, so I'm willing to put up with a few mistakes - especially for the price.

Over-promising and under-delivering is a common error of new companies but hopefully they'll tone down their enthusiasm and focus on producing a workable set of expectations and then delivering.
I see where SpinTV is heading and I like it, so I'm willing to put up with a few mistakes - especially for the price.
Even if it is a 'new company' the real issue arises when they can't even provide the same level of coverage and turnaround as previous years. Hate to say it but expectations HAVE been set for disc golf fans that watch and follow the pro scene and tournaments like the USDGC. And I'm well aware that Jussi doesn't give a **** about pleasing people who currently follow the pro scene. He already has our 'money.'

With as bad and cringey as DGPlanetTV could be at least they were live all 4 rounds and weren't stopping the Youtube guys from pumping out edited rounds the next day or whenever they pleased.

With the way Jussi/Jamie were talking about having a dedicated staff of editors waiting in the wings - ready to edit all night and give the camera folks time to rest - I think its pretty safe to say people were expecting to wake up the next morning to edited rounds. Let alone waiting WEEKS for an edited final round with some commentary (which wasn't even going to happen until people started bitching).

Last edited:
^yup. Lot of talk from the Js of spin/Discmania but very little walk thus far. Marty Mcfly does better work lol.

By my count there are eight edited rounds up there, with one of them being a final round. It is absolutely insane that the one edited final round ISN'T the lead card. As somebody who likes to watch footage without knowing who wins the event, it's even worse that the only final round video spoiled the final overall results.

The long and short of it is that the edited round should have been put up in the week following the event. The fact that we are sitting here two weeks later and it still isn't available is so stupid that it's almost funny. I'm incredibly grateful to all the people that spend time and put in hard work towards making these videos, but that doesn't make them infallible.

^yup. Lot of talk from the Js of spin/Discmania but very little walk thus far. Marty Mcfly used to do better work lol.

FTFY

Marty's quality and quantity has tanked since he teamed up with Prodigy. I hate to say it, cuz I'm a huge fan of his, but I'm not 100% he could or would put the same effort into these kinds of events as he used to as an independent. That's if he would even somehow be allowed to. You can't blame innova for not wanting the Prodigy logo plastered all over the main coverage for their flagship tournament.

FTFY

Marty's quality and quantity has tanked since he teamed up with Prodigy. I hate to say it, cuz I'm a huge fan of his, but I'm not 100% he could or would put the same effort into these kinds of events as he used to as an independent. That's if he would even somehow be allowed to. You can't blame innova for not wanting the Prodigy logo plastered all over the main coverage for their flagship tournament.

But Innova/Discmania will have their own crew follow Will around the whole time? It is greed and favoritism, that is all.

I think its more a matter of TheDiscEye won't film anyone else.

That, and Will was the defending champ. There was plenty of reason to plan on filming every one of Will's throws during the tournament regardless of who his sponsor is or who is behind the camera.

FTFY

Can we get a "Like" button feature on DGCR, cause this.

Can't believe people are actually defending the 'step back' we've taken with Spin managing the media/content for the USDGC.

Less coverage and more wait time and the white knights come out in spades.

Agreed, this our premium event and live coverage was terrible with edited stuff being below par at best. Oh and where is our final round?

Agreed, this our premium event and live coverage was terrible with edited stuff being below par at best. Oh and where is our final round?
Terrible? Have you seen some of the past Disc Golf Planet live coverage? I would call Smashboxx adequate, and good for the methods they are using. Terry is way better than Crazy John.

Terrible? Have you seen some of the past Disc Golf Planet live coverage? I would call Smashboxx adequate, and good for the methods they are using. Terry is way better than Crazy John.

Yes I said "Terrible" and yes I've seen the Disc Golf Planet coverage. I was a paying member from the beginning. Yes Crazy was well Crazy but the camera work was much better. They used more stable technology, they actually had a control room where a director would tell them when to switch cameras correctly and the footage was lightyears better. Terry makes due with two DSLR cameras and ****ty wireless, he does not have half the system DG Planet did. You can say the commentators were bad but the disc golf, the stuff I actually give a damn about was way ahead of the crap being put out by Smashboxx. The truth is I wouldn't have a problem with it if they said they didn't want to pay for a better service and went with a cheaper streaming option. I get it DG is not a money making machine. But don't sell it as the "Best Coverage" ever when it is a sub-standard product with broken promises and sub-par results.