• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

Barsby's 12 was actually on hole 13, not 16. That makes way more sense.

I think it's probably way shorter than 600. For some reason, I can't get the google maps distance measure thingy to work right now. But yeah, miracle shot. Would be fun for the bottom card, though.

Straight line, google maps says 570ish (can't get the exact plot point of the basket, so I'm estimating it's location just from memory). But there is no straight line throw to that green. You have to bend a shot around a lot of trees and carry a lot of water to hit a window that is really only open to a disc flying straight into it. Meaning the disc would have to basically take a 90 degree turn and enter the green on a line perpendicular to the water's edge.

The chance of hitting that green from the tee over the water is so small as to be impossible.

Attachments

• usdgc18.gif
    usdgc18.gif
    138.7 KB · Views: 50
Straight line, google maps says 570ish (can't get the exact plot point of the basket, so I'm estimating it's location just from memory). But there is no straight line throw to that green. You have to bend a shot around a lot of trees and carry a lot of water to hit a window that is really only open to a disc flying straight into it. Meaning the disc would have to basically take a 90 degree turn and enter the green on a line perpendicular to the water's edge.

Oh, for sure. I'm talking about a big shot over the water that just crashes into the trees and happens to end up on the green. The trees actually probably help in that regard. The in-bounds green is small enough that there's no skill in actually hitting it on the fly. But I still give the biggest throwers better than 1:100 chance of making it and landing safely....given the correct wind.

How is that even possible? 16 is a pretty simple par 3? The only way I can picture that is putting back and forth between the hazard and OB several times

I watched Barsby drive the hole. His first two shots were forehands that faded in to the road, never really had a chance of landing. His third shot looked to be a putter that he threw the more conservative line, towards the hazard line on the left. It landed in the hazard. :doh:

How he got the other strokes, I'm not sure, I left to watch another hole.

Feldberg took a 7 on hole 17. Did he forget to layup?

http://usdgc.com/?p=988
"Who cares about your ego?" Feldberg explained when asked why he is one of the few players who lays up. "It is a game of numbers and four pars is always better than two birdies a par and a triple bogey."

No, live friday and saturday only. 2 cards (McBeth's, and Will's) are being filmed each day with videos posted the next day

With Will tanking it today, this concept looks dumb. So it looks like there will be no full video of the lead card tomorrow?

With Will tanking it today, this concept looks dumb. So it looks like there will be no full video of the lead card tomorrow?

Hatchet harry to the rescue?

Jomez could go to the lead card. You've got Sexton and McMahon as Inno-mania sponsored players. Then DiscEye could take the chase card as it has Proctor on it, who is prodigy sponsored. I hope they do that.

Usdgc

Can't help but notice both colglazier and ulibarri came in with a 65 after round 1. Have these 2 been on the same card since the incident

So nobody is covering the Doss-Sexton-Eagle-MJ card tomorrow?

Since when

I know they were around May, or at least living and traveling together. I followed a card Paul was on and we chit chatted a little though the round. During the season he said they live with Will in Tennessee. Unless something has happened since then, they are together.

Latest posts