• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Brent Hambrick Memorial Open NT Presented by Discraft

Talked to a friend of mine who played today. He said that JohnE had to withdraw. I think he said it was an allergic reaction to something.

Anyone else know what happened?

Talked to a friend of mine who played today. He said that JohnE had to withdraw. I think he said it was an allergic reaction to something.

Anyone else know what happened?

He probably had a bad reaction to all the Buckeyes in the area. It's a big problem there in Columbus. You can recognize them by their obnoxious red clothing with big O's and they typically smell like alcohol. Just be careful if you're in central Ohio.

Last edited:
He probably had a bad reaction to all the Buckeyes in the area. It's a big problem there in Columbus. You can recognize them by their obnoxious red clothing with big O's and they typically smell like alcohol. Just be careful if you're in central Ohio.

Thanks for nothing. I found out what happened.

Ok was it just me or was there some guy there that seemed to copy every bit of mcbeth?
His hairstyle, throwing style, everything.

Ok was it just me or was there some guy there that seemed to copy every bit of mcbeth?
His hairstyle, throwing style, everything.

Anthony Barela? (Don't even know if he's playing, but it's well documented that he's MiniBeast)

"He probably had a bad reaction to all the Buckeyes in the area. It's a big problem there in Columbus. You can recognize them by their obnoxious red clothing with big O's and they typically smell like alcohol. Just be careful if you're in central Ohio."

Beautiful. I'm an oHio boy and hate cbus and yes all of that too...just because it is so fill in the blank.

I got the tournament streaming on my TV... PMcB teeing off hole 10 right into the trees! That pro tee is no joke.

It's awesome to see pros playing my home course. I'm trying to get my friend to go but he is a lamer.

I cant believe they still use those old janky baskets for this event...
Dude seriously! We've been saying this for years. The Hambrick needs new baskets! Several of them are bent and they're all old.

This course has not changed the entire time I've been playing. They finally thinned out a lot of the rough but it doesn't really affect the course. Compared to a course like Simsbury which has continually improved every year, Hambrick remains largely unchanged. They put in a drainage ditch by hole 9. That's it.

Yea Mach3s don't age well in general. The cages start sagging to one side or just hang loose after awhile, especially if the nuts aren't tightened frequently. Not to mention they are hard to see on camera, lol. I had so many spit out/thrus there it drove me crazy. though it probably doesn't help that the only two times I have played this course was at or below zero wind chill...

Dude seriously! We've been saying this for years. The Hambrick needs new baskets! Several of them are bent and they're all old.

This course has not changed the entire time I've been playing. They finally thinned out a lot of the rough but it doesn't really affect the course. Compared to a course like Simsbury which has continually improved every year, Hambrick remains largely unchanged. They put in a drainage ditch by hole 9. That's it.

Yeah, Alum Creek and Simsbury have both improved a lot, to the point where they are at least as good as Hoover. Delaware, with their new homes also have upped the game. Like you, I love seeing the pros at our home course. Just wish it represented out scene a little better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Alum Creek and Simsbury have both improved a lot, to the point where they are at least as good as Hoover. Delaware, with their new homes also have upped the game. Like you, I love seeing the pros at our home course. Just wish it represented out scene a little better....
Indeedy. I still have not played Alum Creek or Delaware :eek:.

I love Hoover but it's really showing its age. Also, I was there a few days ago and it stank like a thousand farts! There was some awful sulphur smell coming from the dam. Anyone know the smell status on the course today? I'd hope the world champions don't have to smell fish farts all weekend.

Indeedy. I still have not played Alum Creek or Delaware :eek:.

I love Hoover but it's really showing its age. Also, I was there a few days ago and it stank like a thousand farts! There was some awful sulphur smell coming from the dam. Anyone know the smell status on the course today? I'd hope the world champions don't have to smell fish farts all weekend.

I heard they were letting water out from then bottom of the reservoir instead of the top to get rid of some algae or something. They specifically said it had a sulfur smell. I hope it's not still present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would it cost for 27 new Innova/Prodigy baskets to be installed?

Latest posts