• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Cupcakegate mentions in this wrap article I wrote at Ultiworld, but I did talk to Paul and Nate about their battle, as well as Timegate and Carcrashthenightbeforethefinalroundgate: http://ultiworld.com/2016/03/07/mcb...orial-titles-2016-disc-golf-season-kicks-off/

Thanks to those of you who will click this for letting me give it a plug. We just started disc golf coverage at Ultiworld, so please feel free to come back throughout the season.

No Cupcakegate mentions in this wrap article I wrote at Ultiworld, but I did talk to Paul and Nate about their battle, as well as Timegate and Carcrashthenightbeforethefinalroundgate: http://ultiworld.com/2016/03/07/mcb...orial-titles-2016-disc-golf-season-kicks-off/

Thanks to those of you who will click this for letting me give it a plug. We just started disc golf coverage at Ultiworld, so please feel free to come back throughout the season.

Nice read. I was honestly hoping to see what mcbeth had to say about it though.

Memorial 2016, Finals, Hole 16, McBeth goes to the restroom and takes 48 seconds to return. McCray starts counting up to 30 seconds and then says "DOES ANYONE NOT KNOW THE RULES, IT'S MY TURN, RIGHT?" Then references a time back in 06' when he was late to World's and didn't get a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEupanuYsM8
Time: 2:01:00 mark, turn up the volume.

It's interesting how sensitive people get when they are under pressure. You wouldn't think someone would care that McBeth went to the restroom when they, themselves, took well over 30 seconds to throw their drives multiple times, including other card mates who took well over a minute to execute shots throughout the weekend.

imagine if Paul was violating the dress code as well, that would be interesting

JohnE's latest Sponsor:
Depend undergarments, with maximum absorbency for the older gentleman and avid sportsman. Paul should get on this bandwagon. Adult diapers will save the day.

What?! I have never once turned off a Youtube video just because I happen to see one of those guys losing their cool.

I like seeing them battle their own emotions on the course, as long as they're not taking it out on anyone else. Are they going to get their emotions back under control? Will they play better or worse after their own breakdown? Are the other players on the card mentally focused enough to ignore it, or even use it to their advantage? I think it adds another dimension.

Why would anyone want to watch a bunch of robots moving around the course with no emotion?

Agreed! I enjoy the humans...being human.

JohnE's latest Sponsor:
Depend undergarments, with maximum absorbency for the older gentleman and avid sportsman. Paul should get on this bandwagon. Adult diapers will save the day.

Maybe they can use this as an opportunity to spin off a new, hip product line aimed at millennials since the youngest player on the card was the one who couldn't hold it...

Hmmm... Was there a disc golf tourney this past weekend, or just some guy going to the bathroom? 'Cause this thread........

On hole one of the finals when Paul went water off the wall it almost seemed like an unfair advantage to spot off the inbounds wall. A rethrow or drop zone throw would seem more fair IMO. I know rules are rules but that spot just seemed like an unfair advantage for a poor throw.

Uhhh no one watched the womens last hole? How close is too close for the golf voice ( the voice u know u hear but its the golf voice so u cant complain about it)

On hole one of the finals when Paul went water off the wall it almost seemed like an unfair advantage to spot off the inbounds wall. A rethrow or drop zone throw would seem more fair IMO. I know rules are rules but that spot just seemed like an unfair advantage for a poor throw.

I agree 100% with this. Could not believe he got to mark it that close to the basket.

I'm going to make a hip new backpack bag with a built in catheter bladder for the pros to pee into. I'll call it the Drip Bag.

You're right. It probably wasn't the fairest rule on that hole but I can understand why they did it that way - I wonder if it was to encourage aggression on that hole and increase the odds of an ace for Sportscenter.

Prepare to be shocked. Lawyers are present here. They're not practicing disc golf law, but they passed the bar and are practicing. Disc golf...It's not just for the unemployed and stoned anymore.

And doctors. Kilgus would be the first to remind you of that if he posted regularly. :p

The wall has always been inbounds for as long as I have been playing the course. It was not a good shot I agree, but it was good enough to "cross inbounds" close enough to have a par putt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts