• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 -the beginning of the end of my bag switching?

"This isn't the beginnings or the end...or the beginning of the end...ah, but perhaps, this is the end of the beginning..." Winston Churchill

Sorry bro. I turned them into PIAS because everyone here is such a cheap jew. Since you hadn't responded after i offered in the volt thread or whatever i took it to mean nvm.

I didnt want you giving me your volts I woulda paid you for them hahaha. Oh well.

OH SNAP WE'S BACK IN BUSINESS

dusted off all my old discs, bought some new ones to dick around with.

here's my bag for now. the olf and the pd had another fight. pd wins. polecats back in. they make me smile every time i hold one. big bead omega AP and kc aviar had a fight as well; kc aviar wins. ghosts are amazing. not going back to rocs. i wish millennium would make the taurus in M plastic.

STEGO: stego stuff.
H1: H1 stuff.

both of those discs are awesome, but unnecessary.

kc aviar x2: putts. as they season i may replace my polecats, as i did before. hopefully my next magical kc aviar won't shatter.

superhero: magical voodoo stuff at short range, all sorts of weird ****, getting out of trouble, hyzerflips to turnovers at short D.
dx polecat: turnover drives and approach.
champ polecat: main driving and approach putter.

pinnacle ghost: OS, flat.
protege ghost: OS, seasoning to start cycling. easily can replace the pinnacle for now, but it has dome so wind messes it up.
gravity ghost: workhorse. neutral/understable. holds hyzers barely.

champ gazelle: shorter champ teebird.
star gazelle: straightest disc that's not a seasoned roc/ghost or an x comet. and holy crap do they get some D.
OLD beaten up dx gazelle: still has life left. amazingly neutral from a standstill. great, stiff DX plastic. turnovers at power.

champ PD: wind beater, straight to fade.
PPD: max D or hyzerflips, turnovers, whatever. extremely versatile.

SPD2: wind beater, straight to fade
PPD2: max d.

this would basically be my full, "i don't know this course so i'll bring everything" bag, or for a tourney.

a pared down "casual round" bag i could probably shoot just as well with at many of the courses around here:

kc aviar
champ polecat
dx polecat

gravity ghost

champ gazelle

PPD
SPD2

I made it out to cp adams, oakwood and the valley this weekend. Good times, not bad rounds. I would say 90% of my shots were either my star gazelle, my gravity ghost or my polecat. Also hit metal thrice. Twice for throw-in deuces and once for an ace run. At this point the only lingering doubts about my bag are the polecats. Once i get a kc aviar beaten in again, i don't know that they will stick around. But i do love them so.

Not throwing the Bite no more?

I have a couple still, but bites basically fly like polecats. They aren't that floaty. They drive and approach really well, though. Right now I'm using a superhero for the short tricky stuff. I flick lhfh and do 90% of my throwing rhbh, so something that can mimic a flick when i can't lay a short roller down is important. We also have a lot of trees to get around....

Staying on the fairway might help that situation more though...

funny story. i throw farther now. considerably so. i don't think my form is that much better, but it's made a difference in disc selection. it started immediately once i started stepping forward to transfer weight instead of sideways on my plant foot. i don't think it's "good" technique but i feel more controlled and i can hit 400' pretty easily, whereas it used to be a 90%+ drive and could go anywhere from 380' to 440'. feels good brah.

i have one kc aviar that is now beat to arrow straight, polecat status. it has kicked the polecats out. working on others now. for now only the flippy polecat is still in the bag.

kc aviar (putts)
kc aviar (approach and drives)
flippy polecat
superhero (for those weird shots where you just need one.)

gravity ghost (interchangeable with my seasoned excel i picked up for 5$ used, nice!) very neutral/touch understable now
pinnacle ghost - straight to fade. is not nearly as overstable as initially thought at full power.

beat dx gazelle. awesome.
star gazelle. awesome.
champ gazelle. seasoning in to being awesome, still pretty awesome.

ppd
cpd

spd2
pp2

h1
stego.

that's the full bag. could pretty easily get by with ghost, kc aviar, pd.

and also it's weird coming back and seeing you punks all throwing some weird ****.

the rat
the wombat
the platypus (i really do wish they'd make this)
the koala
the 3 legged dog

get your **** together and get off my lawn! can't even get the kc aviar to stay on the front page these days. . . *grumble*

Really struggled yesterday. Driving was pretty decent on my standstill shots, and just middling on my runup. I've started driving from a standstill quite a bit again and it really has helped my consistency off the tee. Shot a 59 at lake bryant and only because of 3 breakdown holes (2 5s and a 6) and a couple silly 4s that should be 3s and 3s that should be 2s...you get the idea.

Putting was atrocious. Anything 20' and out wasn't going in, period. Just felt compleyely foreign. I will give the omega big bead another shot in the bag for a practice round and see od the shakeup helps tune me back in. I don't know why, but i feel switching putters for a round or two always reinforces why i putt kc aviars and somehow knocks my form back into place when i switch back.

My putting was even worse during dubs but i really pulled through my drive on some holes to help us win, including a natural 3 on 8, which was almost a deuce.

Polecats gone for good. Kc aviars are seasoned to straight.

Thankfully i still remember I'm not paul mcbeth so the bad couple rounds are no sweat off my nuts.

Last edited: