• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Aussie Open DGWT Event Discussion

Isn't there a formula?

Only for the minimum required (and that is new this year). The minimum ($500 for B-tier, $2000 for A-tier, etc) must be distributed proportionally among all pro divisions, and after that they can distribute the rest however they see fit.

To build on SDs comment, the fact that Innova pays Ian to do promotional vids does not mean he's a shill, it means he's a businessman. Unless we're communists now? No profit! You must work for the greater good. As SD pointed out, in Ian's regular tournament coverage he's very equitable.

BTW - by your measure Golden, the only purpose of the NFL is as a shill for bad beer. Oh wait... Okay, it's not the NFL, it's FOX or whatever network currently carries those games.

Shill is probably too harsh a term, and I could have phrased it more diplomatically. The rest of what I wrote I stand by. As for your communist and NFL comparisons...I don't even know where that came from. I'll have to leave it at that, as debating both SD and lyle on DGCR would be a full time job and I have to go to work now.

Only for the minimum required (and that is new this year). The minimum ($500 for B-tier, $2000 for A-tier, etc) must be distributed proportionally among all pro divisions, and after that they can distribute the rest however they see fit.

If those numbers are met then you can't say they were short changed. Someone might personally feel they should make more or that the formula is wrong, or even that it's sexist, but the rule was met.

Was the rule met?

If those numbers are met then you can't say they were short changed. Someone might personally feel they should make more or that the formula is wrong, or even that it's sexist, but the rule was met.

Was the rule met?

No idea. Haven't seen the payouts and even if I had, I don't know how the entry fees break down in order to figure out how the added cash was distributed. I was only answering your question about the existence of a formula.

Also, I don't think Biscoe was necessarily saying that the Aussie Open broke rules in "shafting" FPO. Even if they didn't, that wouldn't invalidated his opinion one iota.

No idea. Haven't seen the payouts and even if I had, I don't know how the entry fees break down in order to figure out how the added cash was distributed. I was only answering your question about the existence of a formula.

Also, I don't think Biscoe was necessarily saying that the Aussie Open broke rules in "shafting" FPO. Even if they didn't, that wouldn't invalidated his opinion one iota.

Absolutely. But I would like to keep the difference between what biscoe feels, and whether a rule was broken clear, if I could.

As best I can tell working off of various FB postings the payout was "legal" but in poor taste.

I'm not surprised that the women are being given short shrift, legalities notwithstanding. Jussi's DGWT didn't even have an FPO last year, leaving the women DGers angry and Sarah Hokum boycotting the USDGC after being invited as USWDGC Champion. Now Jussi's DGWT tournament is short-shrifting the women again? Gotta wonder why so much misogyny is going on in Europe... :eek:

As best I can tell working off of various FB postings the payout was "legal" but in poor taste.

By poor taste, did they have cash that could have gone there to make payout more equitable to men's and didn't? Just curious. If you have an event and leave the FPO feeling they were treated poorly, given what happened with Val, you've kind of blown it I'm guessing.

I'm not surprised that the women are being given short shrift, legalities notwithstanding. Jussi's DGWT didn't even have an FPO last year, leaving the women DGers angry and Sarah Hokum boycotting the USDGC after being invited as USWDGC Champion. Now Jussi's DGWT tournament is short-shrifting the women again? Gotta wonder why so much misogyny is going on in Europe... :eek:

How are they being shorted if they are following PDGA guidelines?

Wouldn't that be an issue with the PDGA and not Jussi?

Also, did you hear there's no separate women's division or grand prize in that new LAT 64 Amateur car deal?

Keep waiting, they turn out next day vids all tourney then nothing for the biggest round? thats lame. Have their back all you want, if the DGWT is the way to groww the sport then this is a fail.

I'm watching the finals right now...

Back 9 isn't up yet

Last edited:
26 men vs 9 women, I would think there would be a pretty huge difference in the payout.