• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Glass Blown Open

Anybody have footage of Simon's eagles today? I really want to see his 720 foot smash to within 10 feet of the pin.

What was the deal with using the short pin on 18?

Just a hunch, but it probably is due to the course being used by Am divisions yesterday (MM1, MS1, FM1, and FA2) and tomorrow (MA2). Don't want to have to move the basket back and forth each day, plus they can probably use the extra parking that would otherwise be blocked off to keep the long pin clear.

At Worlds last year, they could put 18 in the long position since only MPO and FPO played it that week.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JonesEast.png
    JonesEast.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 298
Question guys: I've never attended GBO as a spectator. What is or is there a cost to attend as a spectator. Thinking about driving up to Emporia on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question guys: I've never attended GBO as a spectator. What is or is there a cost to attend as a spectator. Thinking about driving up to Emporia on Saturday.

I don't know anything about it, but willing to bet the bank it's free

Have been to the last two GBOs and there is no fee. Also the after party is always fun. However if you check the weather for Saturday in Emporia the tour may have another cancellation do to weather. Talking rain and a lot of it... Hope not but so be it.

Looks like heavy rain/thunderstorms all day today, clearing out by 8am tomorrow. Any chance this gets carried over until tomorrow or will they just potentially cancel the 3rd round and call it after 2 again?

Looks like heavy rain/thunderstorms all day today, clearing out by 8am tomorrow. Any chance this gets carried over until tomorrow or will they just potentially cancel the 3rd round and call it after 2 again?

Widespread Heavy Rains Expected...Flooding Possible

Widespread heavy rains will fall across the entire area this weekend. Some areas may receive around 3 inches of rain by Sunday which will cause flooding of low lying areas, creeks and eventually rivers across the area. In addition some roads may become flooded. TURN AROUND DON'T DROWN!

NOAA forcast for Emporia... It don't look good.

So watching the first round coverage (and this may have already been said) but the course is playing much easier on hole 1 and 12. When I played that course at GBO last year 1 had no backstop and was on the top right. and 12 was a postage stamp size island where the tent was located along the fence. It doesn't help to have 25-30 mph winds.

Fun watching the pros finally play this course though.

Latest posts