• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Green Mountain Championship

there is a rule, an incredibly dumb one imo, but there is a rule.

I'll disagree.

Ratings, despite some holes that people agree and don't agree exist, are important. They determine where you can and can't play as an amateur and when you can sign up and what you can sign up for as a pro.

So, people tanking rounds was causing incorrect statistics which affected those things. 888 is in place to prevent that.

And saying that, 888 is primarily used in the following situations:

1. when someone obviously tanks a round (clearly intentionally taking a 30 on a hole isn't professional)

2. When someone actually says "I'm quitting for my rating." This is extremely rare and stupid (just make a different excuse up).

3. When someone doesn't hole out on the last hole. Imagine the final round and someone picking up from 8 feet. It's happened. Or even the third round. I'm not saying that person doesn't have the right to withdraw, but finish the round, then withdraw.

4. Someone who just doesn't show up without notification to the TD. It's flat out rude, can cause issues with the event (groupings) and it should be punished.

I readily admit that it's easy to lie "sorry, ankle hurts." But at least this is controlling the outrageous ones.

And finally, McBeth doesn't care about his rating.

So basically, we're parsing. OMG, was he hurt bad enough to legitimately quit? Can we replace hurt with drunk? This will be a lot more entertaing that way.

Personally, I think he was on a two day binge. Crocked enough that he was seeing double baskets and didnt know which to throw to.

How about we get onto the useful things from this event, like Nate played out of his mind good, golf all week!

Great to see him connecting with his putter again! He has always been a fantastic thrower but his putting was holding him back for a while.

How about we get onto the useful things from this event, like Nate played out of his mind good, golf all week!

Yes! and so did that other guy who was chasing him around, what's his name? Best final round all year IMO! Thanks for working it so hard.

I felt like dooky when Nate pulled that bogie OB at the end. But still, a small mar on great golf.

Yeah, watching you and Nate on the last two rounds was amazing. Way to play! As slowplastic said, insane putting MJ! Money from anywhere inside 60'. Cale played great as well, except for a couple missed putts. Ricky didn't play badly, but I think we're just used to him playing superhuman golf...

Jomez coverage and Koling/Sexton commentary is just amazing. It looks so professional now, they have pretty much ruined disc golf on other YouTube channels for me.. :p

I used to be a big supporter of live coverage, but right now I'd rather stay off facebook/forums and wait for Jomez instead. Their quality is just so good!

We had a really good card for the last two days. Got to watch some crazy golf for both those rounds

Have you or will you watch the Jomez coverage? How often/do you ever rewatch the film?

Come back to play some great Iowa tourneys again next year?

Glad to see doss win. He's often criticized for not taking it down in so long but fact is he's always near the top. Good equals consistency.

Latest posts