• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Green Mountain Championship

Have you or will you watch the Jomez coverage? How often/do you ever rewatch the film?

Come back to play some great Iowa tourneys again next year?

I watch them sometimes. It all kinda depends on the event and who is doing the filming. Since these have gotten way better over the years I do find myself watching more than i used to.

On the Iowa part, hopefully I can get back out for some more of them next year

MJ it was a pleasure to watch you this weekend and really all year for the most part. Here's hoping you finish strong the rest of the way! Good luck man.

I didn't play in the tournament but came up to spectate on Friday and stayed the night Saturday.

If you look at all of the Facebook profiles of the pros, they all mention Jeff! What a great tournament this guy puts on, and the weather cooperated so well (bar that little bit on Thursday). The leaves are changing early and awesome, everybody seemed to be in a good mood, and it was really really cool to see that lead card absolutely shred these two courses.

Also the story with Simon giving a kid his bag is really cool and is what the sport is all about. He's a good kid - if anybody has any qs about the bag (that Simon wouldn't mind disclosing) lemme know and I can ask him

First off AWESOME job by Doss, I got to see him today for the first time since GMC. Secondly if you want to know if my back was hurt before round two you can message Eric Oakley, I warmed up with him that day so there is my"note" so "everyone" can know the truth.

I don't think you owe forum dorks any explanation.

Do you think you'll be healthy and ready for USDGC?

First off AWESOME job by Doss, I got to see him today for the first time since GMC. Secondly if you want to know if my back was hurt before round two you can message Eric Oakley, I warmed up with him that day so there is my"note" so "everyone" can know the truth.

You should never have to justify whether you were hurt or not. Any true athlete could tell you weren't at your best and were in pain. Good luck to you at the USDGC.

I'll be ready by usdgc! I played a round today with only a nova at Harmon Hills and I've tossed a few holes throughout the weeks here with Hannah and Kona. I'll will be ready to play.

If you don't have one already, go to CVS/Walgreens and get yourself a heating pad. It will help keep your back from tightening up while you sleep.

I'll be ready by usdgc! I played a round today with only a nova at Harmon Hills . . .

I was at Harmon Hills yesterday - sorry to have missed you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I'll be ready by usdgc! I played a round today with only a nova at Harmon Hills and I've tossed a few holes throughout the weeks here with Hannah and Kona. I'll will be ready to play.

I'll bet that watching McBeth play a round with only a Nova is sobering. Prolly make me consider giving up the game...

Actually, did you see the McBeast diary of Hanna working Paul's calves? His comment, "It's better when she's mad." OUCH! And you could tell be the vid that it was an ouch moment. I think he's got what he needs.

Thanks for chiming in pros-MJ, PM...nice to hear from the horses mouth so to speak. Maybe some more of the top tier elite pros will follow suite.

We know how the players performed, here's how the holes performed.

These show the contribution to the scoring spread total from both courses, so it's a much tougher standard than contributing to a single course. For that reason, a hole that did not contribute much (or even narrowed the scoring spread: hollow dots) may not be a bad hole, but would be a good candidate for tinkering for a tournament that was going to use both courses.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GMCPerf.png
    GMCPerf.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 138
And here is an illustration of the difference in BO penalties. The size of the dot indicates the total penalties handed out for the intersection of the rating (rounded to 10) and the number of penalties each player got that round.

(See chart next post)

Attachments

• GMCOB.png
    GMCOB.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts