• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 MPO Worlds - Augusta

Just looked at scores through 8. He is definitely trying to charge. A lot of ground to make up though.

Unless Ricky implodes, McBeth likely won't catch him. 6 down through 8 is damned impressive, though. With Ricky only 1 down through 7 (as I type this) it is certainly not impossible, though....

yea he just got a bird, so it really unlikely. Well as long as Tonya is hiding in a bush somewhere... Paul would need to bird/eagle out and probly need to hit an ace...lol

opening_a_door__resident_evil_style__by_katanahiroshi-d70bib6.gif

*insert zombie moans*

About to start again. But Simon said that if this wmround got weather canceled that would have to cancel the 3rd round results too because of the different pools courses played. Lol wtf

About to start again. But Simon said that if this wmround got weather canceled that would have to cancel the 3rd round results too because of the different pools courses played. Lol wtf

Totally stupid. B pool isn't cashing anyway I'd imagine.

Edit: they didn't split it how I thought, but it doesn't look like anyone in b pool could cash at this point.

Last edited:

Totally stupid. B pool isn't cashing anyway I'd imagine.

Edit: they didn't split it how I thought, but it doesn't look like anyone in b pool could cash at this point.

Whether anyone in b pool is in a position to cash or not is completely irrelevant. There must be continuity through out the entire field. Definitely a fluky scenario.

Should be like baseball. If 64 of 74 holes have been played, that should be the end score. Not erasing any movements or effort that players make during a round and a half. Technicalities due to weather have caused a lot of unrest this year. I expect some very opinionated conversations to happen before next season.

About to start again. But Simon said that if this round got weather canceled that would have to cancel the 3rd round results too because of the different pools courses played. Lol wtf
Remember the event isn't over because Mixed Dubs is scheduled for tomorrow. They would just continue Round 4 tomorrow. Mixed dubs start would be delayed. We're during the longest days of the year so lots of time to complete events.

Should be like baseball. If 64 of 74 holes have been played, that should be the end score. Not erasing any movements or effort that players make during a round and a half. Technicalities due to weather have caused a lot of unrest this year. I expect some very opinionated conversations to happen before next season.
It's already happened within the Competition Committee. Note there will only be a few clarifications to the current policies because the procedures in place this past year worked properly for the three shortened events even if some viewers and players were dissatisfied with the results. BTW, this A/B pool situation potentially reverting back to 36 holes if Worlds really could not continue is one of the more subtle reasons why having a cut to the semis has been a good policy in the past.

Last edited:
It's already happened within the Competition Committee. Note there will only be a few clarifications to the current policies because the procedures in place this past year worked properly for the three shortened events even if some viewers and players were dissatisfied with the results. BTW, this A/B pool situation potentially reverting back to 36 holes if the event could not continue is a subtle reason why having a cut to the semis has been a good policy in the past.

I think just a payout cut. B pool can keep playing their 3rd and 4th rounds since they paid to be there. But if you are in B pool after the 2nd round, you're payout ineligible. That way there isn't a risk of some fluke situation due to multiple course usage causing a drastic change in the field.

Latest posts