• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 USDGC

So I just had my wisdom cut out 3 hours ago, it'd be awesome if the round 1 vids showed up soon while I'm all posted up on pain meds.

Just hope I'm good for the event I'm running on Saturday.

In ball golf, I believe it's the first player to post that score total during that round who wins the tie. Of course, they don't need to break ties going from R1 to R2 because the groups stay the same with the tee time order flipped from R1.

In ball golf, I believe it's the first player to post that score total during that round who wins the tie. Of course, they don't need to break ties going from R1 to R2 because the groups stay the same with the tee time order flipped from R1.

This is correct.

Is Jomez doing the filming at least?

Yes Jomez is doing the filming, but it will be posted to the SpinTV YouTube page just like all the other DGWT events.

I hope that they are able to get the full 18 holes out at least an hour before the lead card tees off. I personally like to be able to watch the previous day before the next day starts.

Harold, you said that you were taking notes for next year. Here are some suggestions that I think would help out with the event.

1. More Monday information on qualifying.
2. Some coverage of distance competition & Big Masher (if it is happening)
3. More frequent updating of scoring. Having the 3 or 4 tents seems very out of date now that we see UDisc updating it after every hole. We have grown spoiled.

Wishlist (tough and resources needed)
4. I would like to see more interviews after rounds with current leaders as they come off the course. These can be put right to FaceBook.
5. Chase card next day coverage.

Good input. Answers below.
1. Already on the list. The truth is that the championship starts on Monday and we need to be fully ready to share the excitement then.
2. Also on the list.
3. We increased the number of scoring stations from three to six. We were hoping for live scoring for all groups, but could not obtain enough reliable volunteers with all the other activities. We plan to have leaderboard and live coverage for the top three groups.

4/5. Great ideas. Passed these along to the media teams.

~ Harold

Bummed that Sexton isn't going to be on lead card coverage with the tie breaker! Has anyone thought about doing PDGA rating as a tie breaker? I feel as if that could work well.

So I just had my wisdom cut out 3 hours ago, it'd be awesome if the round 1 vids showed up soon while I'm all posted up on pain meds.

Just hope I'm good for the event I'm running on Saturday.

You sir, are tough! Goid luck Sat.

A little bit more about Kevin Jones for you guys. He's from Arkansas, along with myself, and has been a great golfer since he was a kid here. He got away from the sport for a while which scared sponsors off. When I got the gig with Prodiscus, he was the first player I reached out to because I knew his potential. He started his tour in July after being gone on a mission trip during the first part of the year. Since then, he has slowly improved. He has a cannon.

From Arkansas... finally someone that can represent us. Chris Eads is a left so he doesn't count.

Bummed that Sexton isn't going to be on lead card coverage with the tie breaker! Has anyone thought about doing PDGA rating as a tie breaker? I feel as if that could work well.

You can do literally anything.

Good input. Answers below.

3. We increased the number of scoring stations from three to six. We were hoping for live scoring for all groups, but could not obtain enough reliable volunteers with all the other activities. We plan to have leaderboard and live coverage for the top three groups.

~ Harold

How much is it to volunteer for the weekend? I would plan a trip out there next year if I could be a part of it besides a spectator.