• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

Arguably Nikko is at fault of a violation on every throw he makes, time wise. While no one calls him, he calls someone for a foot fault. It's just funny.

I think if he is violating rules on every throw someone should call him on it. The fact that nobody else calls him on violations doesn't mean he shouldn't be making these calls.

I think if he is violating rules on every throw someone should call him on it. The fact that nobody else calls him on violations doesn't mean he shouldn't be making these calls.

Ok. I'm not sure that's true. If he's getting a break but Rick throws his disc from a few inches further that whats allowed, at that point is it really worth it? I understand your point and of course he has every right to make the call. I just saw the funny irony in it was what I was laughing at and surprised no one else did.

There different thoughts to this game. Allot of people don't make calls because they are focusing on their personal play. Others are emotional players. I again think that lead, feature, heck top 3 cards should have an official making calls when needed. Let the players play.

Say what you will about Nikko (his antics really irritate me), but he handled himself well when Terry asked about the foot fault call.

This is something that bothers me about DG. I'm a chess tournament director, and disputes are handled not by a group of players but by arbiters ( which we call tournament directors; slightly different meaning than a DG TD) who are tested and certified to arbitrate. I know DG may not have enough volunteers to have independent arbiters with every group; hence, the current rules; but for the cards competing for the win and top money, it'd be good to have an arbiter with each group ( or on each hole) whose job is to pay attention and can confirm calls such as Nikko's if not make an outright call themselves.

So many hot rounds. This is going to turn out to be a great tournament. I love that we're getting two cards worth of coverage as well.

That's the Memorial for you. And today's conditions were practically perfect.

How about footage from central coast from right after feldy drilled that car???

Spectated the Memorial live and in person today and between holes I witnessed an intensely focused Ricky Wysocki walk up to a trash can, stop 5-7 feet short, take a putting stance, and putt in some trash.

This was not a comedy routine or anything, dude walked away like he was relieved to save par. I'm now convinced that his level of focus/commitment is unparalleled.

Spectated the Memorial live and in person today and between holes I witnessed an intensely focused Ricky Wysocki walk up to a trash can, stop 5-7 feet short, take a putting stance, and putt in some trash.

This was not a comedy routine or anything, dude walked away like he was relieved to save par. I'm now convinced that his level of focus/commitment is unparalleled.

That's hilarious! I do that too when I throw away wet paper towels in the washroom. Although I don't take it intensely seriously as if I was putting to save par. Maybe that's what I gotta change in my game to be as good of a putter as Ricky XD

Interesting to see that Paige only had a 72% C1 putting in R1 and 83% in round2 . . still shes leading by five strokes!

About the foot fault call, did Wysocki gain any advantage by putting his foot too far behind his mini ?

I know that's not mentionned in the rule book, but I think that's the way everyone should be thinking. I'd be seriously pissed to be called on a foot fault on a drive if I didn't gain any advantage on it.
If it's on a falling putt or a bad jump putt, I'd understand it. By the way, Nikko's straddle putt isn't always perpendicular to the basket...

Just some usual Nikko. At that time, he wasn't playing great and started to check everyone's stance

Ricky Wysocki does not make a 3ft foot fault on a simple FH shot unless its on purpose. He needed a couple feet to give himself a better angle around that tree and figured no one ever calls foot faults so he went for it. He also knew damn well that it is his responsibility to call the second on himself after Nikko called it. He was certainly aware that he was well behind his marker, considering he took a full step and the marker was still more than a foot in front of his shoe when he bent down to grab it.

When Nikko walked up to him he was still outside the lie, imo. Even if it wasn't on purpose he should have looked down and been like yea I was too far back and called the second himself.

Last edited:
ugh damn edit window...

It will be interesting to see any build up to the shot to see if Ricky was scoping out the angles. Jomez if you see these posts, please include all the footage from the main cam leading into the shot during your vid tomorrow... I'm sure Jerm and Nate will have their opinions to share as well and it would be interesting to hear their opinion of the whole situation not just the fault call...

If you don't take your 10 ft trash can putts seriously, you're doing life wrong.

Latest posts