• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA Am Worlds--CHARLOTTE

There are 1000 golfers who meet the requirements for AM1 and 288 spots. It is crazy to me that you can qualify to play in this tournament by getting points in rec or intermediate when the tournament is advanced only, but that is a rant I'm saving up for after i only manage to make the waitlist.

Do you know this for a fact or are you just estimating? I would like to the information if its out there. Not disputing what your saying just curious.[/QUOTE]

Looks like, according to PDGA stats and points, 1,019 players have 1500 points or more.

And the number will be higher as this only counts official events - many of the people close will get over the 1500 hump when the final results are turned in. And there still events left to play.

2018 worlds

Do you know this for a fact or are you just estimating? I would like to the information if its out there. Not disputing what your saying just curious.

Looks like, according to PDGA stats and points, 1,019 players have 1500 points or more.

And the number will be higher as this only counts official events - many of the people close will get over the 1500 hump when the final results are turned in. And there still events left to play.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. Any idea about amateur masters? This will be my first and likely only Amateur Worlds and i want to make sure i give myself the best chance of me getting in as well as my wife.

If you qualify, it's first come first serve to sign up. IF you are at your computer at midnight when it opens, with 108 spots in MA40 and a full field of 72 for FA1 and FA40, you should be fine.

IF you wait to sign up I doubt you will be able to get in.

Do you know this for a fact or are you just estimating? I would like to the information if its out there. Not disputing what your saying just curious.

And the number will be higher as this only counts official events - many of the people close will get over the 1500 hump when the final results are turned in. And there still events left to play.[/QUOTE]

I estimated by sorting all am players by points on the PDGA website and then seeing how many pages I had to go back before i ran out of golfers with 1500 points. There were 51 pages of golfers with that many points at 20 players per page. I had time on my hands this morning apparently :|

Enterprise is the Official Rental Car of the 2018 Am Worlds.

Anyone family who book rentals during Am Worlds will receive 5% off their rental and Enterprise will kick back part of your rental to the event.

More information at:

http://www.2018amworlds.com/hotel-accommodations/

Even if you aren't going to be at Am Worlds, please remember Enterprise when you need a rental car. Support companies that are supporting Disc Golf.

Major announcement coming in the next few weeks. It's gonna be huge. A first for the Am Worlds.

Yes, this is admittedly vague.

I should know this but are the 5 all from Advanced? or any from masters? women? eh? eh?

I should know this but are the 5 all from Advanced? or any from masters? women? eh? eh?

Just MA1. The USDGC model for qualifying is it's the highest division and then anyone who plays the exact holes that the division plays. Since MA1 is the highest and the only group playing their set of holes, it's MA1.

If MA40 or really anyone was playing the set of holes MA1 does, they would have the chance as well (As we saw with Paige Pierce qualifying last year).

Mark your Calendars for 8 PM EST Wednesday night. 2/28/18.

I will do another live Q and A on the event's Facebook page and make some announcements. Here are the topics:

- discussion about USDGC qualifier
- announcement of title sponsor
- announcement about a very cool experience players will have
- adjustments to field and division caps

Summary of items announced yesterday:

- our title Sponsor is Innova. Thank you Innova for your support!

- Innova will host the Innova USDGC Experience at Winthrop Gold Wednesday night of the event. More info soon but this will be an epic fun night!

- the event now can now host 720 players. Due to this, a few divisions had their courses adjusted.

- all information is at www.2018amworlds.com

Breakdown
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AmWDiv.png
    AmWDiv.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 220
  • AmWCountry.png
    AmWCountry.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 222
Any suggestions for Charlotte area campgrounds for am world's?

Not sure (I don't live in Charlotte, despite being TD).

But make sure you are on the northern / northeast part of town.

If you get on the other side of DT and have to go through DT daily, traffic will be a nightmare.

We are now accepting vendor applications for the fly mart.

Please email [email protected] if you would like a table. The cost will be $150. Space is limited and tables are first come first serve.

You don't have to be a vendor. If you have a cool disc collection you are looking to move, you can also use this event for that. We are expecting around 500 - 1000 customers at the event.

Call for Volunteers!!

Even if you aren't playing the worlds, you can still be a part of it! We need volunteers throughout the entire event. If you have never played in a tournament or even a round of disc golf, that's ok! We still need you.

Volunteers receive a hat and a shirt as well as other free items that only players will receive as a thanks for your help. Volunteers also receive food if they work more than 4 hours in a day.

Finally, all volunteers are placed in a raffle for a custom world's Zuca cart ($350 value) – 1 of only 5 made! If you are interested, please complete the questionnaire below and someone will contact you in July with an assignment.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1J3tpXiTSgXxn2_19VwGnBJ4zeGVNSDmOvy3_400nut8/edit

Latest posts