• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

The guy doing the announcements on the first tee of the FPO told all spectators walking with the group to stay behind the scoreboard.

True story: the edges of the scoreboard are really sharp, and if necessary the bearer is obligated to swing it around in big circles like they're playing Dark Souls, to fight off the crowds of spectators.

Then make the total rule change. Moving the putting circle out will affect (and IMHO negatively affect) amateur and casual players that (try to) play by the rules, but don't putt as well as the pros.

And part of my comment was thinking of the desire to eliminate the illegal throws that are made, whether intentionally or inadvertently, by players like Feldberg, et. al. I really would like to see ALL step putts eliminated.

How would eliminating step putting not affect amateur and casual players but moving the circle out to 15m or 20m affect them?

That doesn't make sense to me. If the circle is still 10m but you cannot step putt at 14m, that would impact players putting in a negative way. If the circle is moved out to 15m, you cannot step putt and that would impact players putting in a negative way.

Step putting and jump putting are not "putting". It's just a different type of throw. By definition anything outside of 10m is not a putt. It's a throw.

How would you change the rules of throwing to exclude step putting only? What makes a throw a step putt?

Remember that you cannot impact "normal" throws with your rule change. "Normal" because currently all throws are just throws, there are not different types of throws outside 10m.

Last edited:
Why does it seem like every disc golf tournament thread always devolves into basket problems and looking professional?

attachment.php

(I personally embrace DG's lack of professionalism)

They really were not crowd controlling unless it was mens lead card. That card had enough people that it was needed. The womens lead card started early enough and it was cold enough that it did not pick up a really big gallery until they came back from the basin. As far as I could tell you could go anywhere you wanted except in the fairway. If you wanted to walk with the card you could, you just had to get there before everyone else who wanted to be in that spot.

Of course sometimes the players would let you know how they felt about things. A certain player who was on hole 14 while we were trying to follow Simon on 4 got very saucy because we were in his peripheral vision on his drive. Not close, like maybe 50 feet to his left, not on the hole at all, but to far, "forward" We complied but my only thought was, what would he do if he was on lead card....

And on one hole coming down the stretch, Barsby got a FANtastic kick out of the woods. They obviously weren't controlling it too much.