• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 PDGA World Championships

At least one of the two courses has amazing views right? Surprised to see the focus almost entirely of close-in shots of the players.

Also, isn't the 2nd week in September about the latest Worlds has ever been held? If this becomes the norm, I think we would see a lot more southern cities bid for them. I mean, DFW in July is impossible but late September isn't so bad.

I think with the new format of only MPO and FPO a lot more cities will be able to handle worlds and you will see some new venues in the years to come. They don't need 4+ good courses anymore.

At least one of the two courses has amazing views right? Surprised to see the focus almost entirely of close-in shots of the players.

Also, isn't the 2nd week in September about the latest Worlds has ever been held? If this becomes the norm, I think we would see a lot more southern cities bid for them. I mean, DFW in July is impossible but late September isn't so bad.

I don't believe September is going to become the norm at all. It just happens that the venue this year wants to host in conjunction with its annual fall festival (same thing they do with their Green Mountain Championships), so Worlds is in September this year. Next year, they're hosting Pro Masters Worlds at Smuggs and my guess is they'll do that in September and Open Worlds will be earlier in the summer.

In fact, my guess is that they'll probably rotate the Worlds schedule a bit since there are now four events to put on each year (Open, Masters, Am, Junior). Depending on venues, dates for all of them will probably vary from late June to early September.

I don't believe September is going to become the norm at all. It just happens that the venue this year wants to host in conjunction with its annual fall festival (same thing they do with their Green Mountain Championships), so Worlds is in September this year. Next year, they're hosting Pro Masters Worlds at Smuggs and my guess is they'll do that in September and Open Worlds will be earlier in the summer.

In fact, my guess is that they'll probably rotate the Worlds schedule a bit since there are now four events to put on each year (Open, Masters, Am, Junior). Depending on venues, dates for all of them will probably vary from late June to early September.

Pro Masters Worlds 2019 at Smuggs has been announced as happening in June.

Fox run has exceptional scenery but the players are the show, not the course. -

Says who exactly?
I can see these players throw a dozen times a year on youtube and this weekend in person. I want to see more of the courses I will likely never play, like perhaps one single second of the view - which this video did not have.

It's a promo video produced by Smuggler's Notch intended for their resort patrons who aren't disc golfers, not us who are disc golfers. If it was about promoting the venue/event to disc golfers to encourage attendance, they might have focused more on the courses. But the people they're targeting already know the venue and the great views it offers...they're selling them on the players and the game.

Anyone know which courses will be used for Sat/Sun? I'm planning on going over Sat morning, and staying over somewhere for Sunday. Having played both from shorter layouts, the better course is Brewster, Fox could go extinct, with all the other rope courses for all I care.

I was just watching an old episode of Top Secret Swimming holes. Not sure how close it really is to the courses but there is an awesome waterfall with cliff jumping spots up to 30ft. The woman was saying you have to drive up Smuggler's Notch road to get to it... Bingham Falls

8053443919_243fc8fd43_b.jpg

Last edited:
I was just watching an old episode of Top Secret Swimming holes. Not sure how close it really is to the courses but there is an awesome waterfall with cliff jumping spots up to 30ft. The woman was saying you have to drive up Smuggler's Notch road to get to it... Bingham Falls

If I correctly located the swimming hole, I'd say within 5 miles. Did she say if it was on the Brewster River?

If I correctly located the swimming hole, I'd say within 5 miles. Did she say if it was on the Brewster River?

I don't recall them saying what river it was on. They typically let some of these swimming holes remain a bit of a mystery. Not sure why since a lot of them are in National and State parks. Maybe the research and finding them, appeals to the people who look for these kind of things.

This has been a popular spot to hangout/swim/jump for many GMC players over the last 4ish years that I've been going to Smuggs. Very short drive from the resort through "the Notch". Great spot, very easy hike.

https://www.pdga.com/news/how-follow-pro-worlds
Post-Production Video (All rounds)

MPO Lead: Jomez Productions
Commentary: Nate Sexton & Jeremy Koling

FPO Lead: Jomez Productions
Commentary: Madison Walker & Lisa Fajkus

The road warriors at Jomez Productions recently passed the 80,000 subscriber mark, and they'll be pulling double duty with an expanded crew at Pro Worlds. First, they'll tackle the Open Women's lead card each morning, then they'll head back out for the Open lead after lunch. Add to their hustle some fan favorites on commentary, and it's a recipe that should keep viewers satisfied throughout the week.

MPO Chase: Central Coast Disc Golf
Commentary: Ian Anderson & Cory Murrell

You never know when someone will fire off the hot round from the second card, or where a Philo-batross might happen. With that in mind, we are happy to have Central Coast Disc Golf on MPO chase card coverage all week. Plus, with the dulcet tones of Ian Anderson and Cory Murrell on the call, there are bound to be catchphrases aplenty.
Live Video (Rounds 3-5)

FPO Lead: SmashboxxTV

: Terry Miller, Hannah McBeth, Steve Hill

Full live coverage of the Open Women's division? You've got it. SmashboxxTV will have live, two-camera coverage of the FPO lead card starting with their Friday morning tilt at Fox Run Meadows. Stick around for Saturday's coverage down to the cut line, and watch live on Sunday morning as the Open Women's World Champion celebrates her title. Terry Miller welcomes Hannah McBeth into the booth, while PDGA Media's Steve Hill will check in with reports from the sidelines.

MPO Lead: SmashboxxTV

Commentary: Terry Miller, Robert McCall, Steve Hill

After Miller has a chance to catch his breath, he'll be back on the call for the Open lead card Friday through Sunday afternoon. Robert McCall adds both disc golf expertise and excellent hair to the booth team, while Hill will be back on the ground to report on any intriguing developments before a new Open World Champion is anointed

Latest posts