• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
With all the new stuff out in the last couple years, I'm just curious to see what driver people are throwing for max distance these days. Air distance, not rollers. MAX distance too, not necessarily controlled distance.

I max out at 450' and lately have been using a G* Shryke 168g to get that distance.

Honorable mentions:

Prodigy D3- Very similar to the Shryke.
Colossus- Sneaky long when you put enough arm on it.
Destiny- Very long, but hard to control.
Nuke SS- Same as the Destiny. Hard to control, but occasional 450' bombs.
G* Boss- Enough high speed turn to really flex out for huge distance.
Blizzard Boss- Same as above. Not overly useful on the course, but the Blizz Boss can outdistance almost anything in a field session.
Ballista- Probably Lat64's longest driver for me. Short of the Shryke, but not by much.
Champion Tern- The Shryke knocked this disc off its pedestal. The Shryke is hands down the better disc for me in terms of distance and accuracy. Tern is still noteworthy though. For a speed 12 it glides well and bombs.
Mamba- Somewhat surprising how far this understable speed 11 disc flies. Super understable and wild, but the Mamba has few peers in terms of sheer distance potential. It'll fly as far as almost anything.

Last edited:
Starlite Tern.

I actually like the one of these I have. I found it in a lake. 158g. Its stable enough to be thrown hard. Flexes out massively for big distance. If I were feeling it I could probably get the starlite Tern out to 450'. Not good for any sort of headwind though.

Tern... type and weight is dependent on the conditions.

Still holding off on getting a Shryke but I'm constantly being tempted by it. :p

It's split between my Pro Wraith (167g) and Star Thunderbird (175g). I rarely use my Wraiths now so I'm usually able to get the Thunderbird out around 400' with an anyhzer FH. I just don't know who you people are that are getting out 450'+. You really throw that far?

Tern. 167g Star in most conditions, 157g or 167g Champion into headwinds.

S-CD3 may become my distance driver, though I'm not quite getting the same distance as the Tern. Rim not as wide, feels better in the hand.

It's split between my Pro Wraith (167g) and Star Thunderbird (175g). I rarely use my Wraiths now so I'm usually able to get the Thunderbird out around 400' with an anyhzer FH. I just don't know who you people are that are getting out 450'+. You really throw that far?

much debate between internet distance and real life distance

however, ive thrown with some people who are "hitting 450+" and barely make it past 325.

its not just lying on the internet, some people truly believe it.

Yeah. You won't probably ever hear me say I can hit 450' consistently. I can't. I can touch it probably 1 in 10 drives. I think before I threw the Shryke I'd never hit 450' before. Putting work in practicing and using drivers with great glide have allowed me to slowly gain yardage. 5 years ago I would never sniff 450' no matter how hard I tried.

BTW, if you can get a Thunderbird 400' you could probably do 450' with a Shryke. The Shryke is longer and has way more glide. Harder to control though. More understable.

Also, getting from 400' to 450' is a HELL of a lot harder than getting from 350' to 400'.

E* 171g Wraith to 350' BH and FH. It's pretty beat and I touched it just right the other day in practice. Hit 380 on a FH. Have various other Wraiths that aren't quite as long. Toyed with a Champ Shryke and Big Z Thrasher. Don't particularly like wide rimmed drivers and my form needs work. Maybe some day I'll be able to throw them to their potential.

Picked up a new 148g Blizzard Boss for $9 the other day. Threw it 380 BH but I don't think that counts. Not much use for a 148g disc in Okla most of the time.

Mamba- Somewhat surprising how far this understable speed 11 disc flies. Super understable and wild, but the Mamba has few peers in terms of sheer distance potential. It'll fly as far as almost anything.

Champ. If I've ever actually hit 400' on flat ground, it was certainly with a Mamba.

My farthest flat ground throw came a few months ago with a Fluid Enforcer, was about 525. Usually I'm throwing max D FH in the 450 range with Apes, Giants, and Phases believe it or not.

On the course right now I'm using Elasto and VIP Giants from 400-460 beucase I don't have to throw them 100% to get that distance from them.

My new home course has a 575ft tunnel like shot and another at 404, so you can't get a high flex line in there like I'd do with an Ape or similar.

BH the max is still the VIP or Elasto Kings, I've hit 450 a small handful of times, usually 390-425.

I think I could gain more distance if I got my knee fixed, since I tore the MCL/Miniscus two years ago I am less confident planting. With improved form with the top half and better timing I've gotten back to good D, but I'm sure I could do better.

Last edited:
much debate between internet distance and real life distance

however, ive thrown with some people who are "hitting 450+" and barely make it past 325.

its not just lying on the internet, some people truly believe it.

So I wonder if it works in reverse. If I claim to throw 325' regularly, with 350' my best... Maybe I really am throwing 450'???? :D

Max distance with a flippy Dx Destroyer, 120-125m (i guess 400'). Consistent max distance 320-350 with Pro Valkyrie and Fuzion Escape.

Also the MVP Neutron OCTANE if theres a lil wind or if you want a lil more stability. but Mayhem/ Octane combo crushes - for me anyway

So I wonder if it works in reverse. If I claim to throw 325' regularly, with 350' my best... Maybe I really am throwing 450'???? :D

I was with a guy a few years ago who claimed to throw 600ft, and on a long but not crazy hole he was amazed at my 400 ft shot, saying no it had to be 650+.

I told him nah man, it was 390-410 and the hole is only 425, so why would anyone want to overthrow by that much?

His main driver was a G* Dominator though so maybe he was actually crazy.

Latest posts