• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] 2018- What is everyone's longest disc these days?

I have found a very flat field in a park near my office that is about 900ft long and 400-500ft wide and have started using UDisc to track shots, so more accurately that before.

FH I have been averaging 420-440 with my Warhorses, but about 3 times per visit I'll dial one up and hit 470 or so. This Tuesday I was feeling good and it was finally not cold and wet and I got one 498.

That is my longest confirmed throw on flat ground this year and I'm pretty proud of it. I may take some Giants, Destroyers and Enforcers out there next week as I know I can throw those farther in the right conditions.

I have found a very flat field in a park near my office that is about 900ft long and 400-500ft wide and have started using UDisc to track shots, so more accurately that before.

FH I have been averaging 420-440 with my Warhorses, but about 3 times per visit I'll dial one up and hit 470 or so. This Tuesday I was feeling good and it was finally not cold and wet and I got one 498.

That is my longest confirmed throw on flat ground this year and I'm pretty proud of it. I may take some Giants, Destroyers and Enforcers out there next week as I know I can throw those farther in the right conditions.

I almost wonder if you could get even more yardage by throwing a somewhat less stable disc. You ever try a Ballista Pro? That would probably go over 500' easily if you're getting a Warhorse to 498'.

BTW, I don't think I've ever thrown anything 498'. I top out at probably 460'. That might be once or twice in 25 throws using something flippy like a Shryke to get a huge S curve out of. On a very average throw I'll usually be right at 400'.

I almost wonder if you could get even more yardage by throwing a somewhat less stable disc. You ever try a Ballista Pro? That would probably go over 500' easily if you're getting a Warhorse to 498'.

BTW, I don't think I've ever thrown anything 498'. I top out at probably 460'. That might be once or twice in 25 throws using something flippy like a Shryke to get a huge S curve out of. On a very average throw I'll usually be right at 400'.

The way I throw is like a sidearm pitcher throwing a slider, so those usderstable discs I either have to throw at a higher line or not as hard because the hand angle isn't as flat.

I may try that next week!

I have an ultimate disc that's probably my longest, but most people measure circles by diameter, not length.

09sT95M.gif

This is a tough one. My longest measured throw is 571ft, with a P-line PD2. Super domey and very glidey. But on the course i tend to go to my Bosses for longest shots.

Amazing how many people are driving 450+ on here....

I can hit 450', but not consistently. If I really lay into an understable disc and get the proper S curve flight it'll go that far. I figure in 50 throws I'll probably do 450' 8 times. More if I'm having a great day.

Amazing how many people are driving 450+ on here....
I'm still chasing a consistent 300' but threw one 464' this weekend. Never mind that there was a strong tailwind and it rolled along a track for a good part of that. At least it wasn't down a hill!

Same for me a flat throw with a regular destroyer will be 350 to 400 Put this weekend with the 25 knot wind from my left had a measured 525 though it was a complete trash throw way to the right that bounced a couple times..... I am skeptical of the 500' side arm Except with a solid breeze and a really light disc...

Latest posts