• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 events

Gmtata01

Eagle Member
I live in Louisville KY and am looking forward to 2020 to plan a disc golf trip or two. I'm looking for tournaments to attend and to spectate pros all in the same week. I'm looking for recommendations on what are the best tournaments within a days drive.

I live in Louisville KY and am looking forward to 2020 to plan a disc golf trip or two. I'm looking for tournaments to attend and to spectate pros all in the same week. I'm looking for recommendations on what are the best tournaments within a days drive.

What do you consider a day's drive? That's can differ a lot from person to person. To me, that means Google says it takes 12 or less hours. To others, that may mean like 6 hours or less.

If you're in Louisville, obviously Idlewild is close. You also are within 8 hours of Great Open, Ledgestone, Music City Open. Not sure where majors are next year, too lazy to look it up for you.

In addition to Idlewild & Ledgestone, I'll recommend the 2020 ST. Louis Open.

Likely in late June (date has not been approved yet). 2019 was our biggest A-Tier to date & 2020 is already looking bigger and better.

Full FlyMart, food trucks, and plenty to do outside the event itself, including player clinics, flex starts, Glo doubles, and more.

Also, if you haven't visited St. Louis, we have a free zoo, free science center, free art & history museums, as well as a lot of other cool, fun things to do around town. Though AB is stationed here, we also have a bunch of good micro-breweries in town, including our club sponsor, Schlafly - who is donating kegs to the Open.

Hope to see you in St. Lou...

Jonesboro Open. One of the strongest fields on the Disc Golf Pro Tour in 2019 as well as one of the most challenging courses on the DGPT.

Louisville to Jonesboro = 6 hours and 8 minutes according to Google Maps.

Mid April is the time, exact dates should be announced very soon.

jonesboroopen.com

If you're in Louisville, obviously Idlewild is close. You also are within 8 hours of Great Open, Ledgestone, Music City Open. Not sure where majors are next year, too lazy to look it up for you.

I would second the Great Lakes Open, but I suspect it will be going away. I am not sure who is going to run it. Entitled pros and social media have likely convinced the volunteer machine, it took to run a 144 person A Tier and DGPT event, away. Maybe a group of touring pro players will step up and run it.

I would second the Great Lakes Open, but I suspect it will be going away. I am not sure who is going to run it. Entitled pros and social media have likely convinced the volunteer machine, it took to run a 144 person A Tier and DGPT event, away. Maybe a group of touring pro players will step up and run it.

Was that the event where the course wasn't set up properly the day before the tournament?

In addition to Idlewild & Ledgestone, I'll recommend the 2020 ST. Louis Open.

Likely in late June (date has not been approved yet). 2019 was our biggest A-Tier to date & 2020 is already looking bigger and better.

Full FlyMart, food trucks, and plenty to do outside the event itself, including player clinics, flex starts, Glo doubles, and more.

Also, if you haven't visited St. Louis, we have a free zoo, free science center, free art & history museums, as well as a lot of other cool, fun things to do around town. Though AB is stationed here, we also have a bunch of good micro-breweries in town, including our club sponsor, Schlafly - who is donating kegs to the Open.

Hope to see you in St. Lou...

The Arch front grounds has also been renovated. The city museum (not to be confused with the art museum) is a great place to take youngsters, and the Delmar Loop is also worth visiting, and the new ballpark village is also a nice attraction. AB also offers a free tour where one can check out the the world famous Clydesdales.

Last edited:
A bit off topic, but on this weeks DGAM they said that next year's Texas States is going to be an NT

Latest posts