• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 NT and DGPT Schedules Announced

I certainly hope that Music City Open course is revamped. I liked parts of the course, but hated other parts of it. It was basically a "who can throw the furthest" course on an old ball golf course. It's cool to see the pros throw as far as they can, but I don't want to watch it for an entire round.

I'm pumped nonetheless.

From the announcement - looks like that is happening.

"While that means more elite pros will get to tackle the par-72 Ravenwood, it may not be the same as it was in 2019. McKaskle noted that the layout has changed every year it's been used for the MCO, and that course designer Shawn Sinclair is aiming to not only make use of some more of the property's wooded areas, but also to make the course flow more smoothly.

He also admitted they might take it a little bit easier on competitors.

"I think if anything, based on the feedback we got this year, some of it was a little bit much," McKaskle said. "There were a lot of people that weren't enthused about having four 1,000-foot holes to finish the round. There were some obvious concerns we didn't have the time or ability to address.

"This year they've given us keys to the gate and we're able to go out there and work it whenever we want," McKaskle continued. "There definitely will be more attention to detail put into it this year."

From the announcement - looks like that is happening.

"While that means more elite pros will get to tackle the par-72 Ravenwood, it may not be the same as it was in 2019. McKaskle noted that the layout has changed every year it's been used for the MCO, and that course designer Shawn Sinclair is aiming to not only make use of some more of the property's wooded areas, but also to make the course flow more smoothly.

He also admitted they might take it a little bit easier on competitors.

"I think if anything, based on the feedback we got this year, some of it was a little bit much," McKaskle said. "There were a lot of people that weren't enthused about having four 1,000-foot holes to finish the round. There were some obvious concerns we didn't have the time or ability to address.

"This year they've given us keys to the gate and we're able to go out there and work it whenever we want," McKaskle continued. "There definitely will be more attention to detail put into it this year."

Great to hear it. I shouldn't be complaining until I have time to read the announcement. Thanks for pointing it out.

From: On The Box With Dixon Jowers - "According to sources, the PDGA has agreed with Jomez and they will film MPO1 at all NTs next year."

Good for Jomez, bad for the other media guys???

From: On The Box With Dixon Jowers - "According to sources, the PDGA has agreed with Jomez and they will film MPO1 at all NTs next year."

Good for Jomez, bad for the other media guys???

Bad only if they weren't given the opportunity to bid for the job. If everyone had a chance and Jomez had the best offer, them's the breaks.

What's curious to me about that rumor isn't that Jomez got the job, it's that it only mentions MPO1. One would expect that the PDGA would be tying MPO1 and FPO1 together, or at the very least be lining up coverage for each at the same time (even if it were different media teams).

Bad only if they weren't given the opportunity to bid for the job. If everyone had a chance and Jomez had the best offer, them's the breaks.

What's curious to me about that rumor isn't that Jomez got the job, it's that it only mentions MPO1. One would expect that the PDGA would be tying MPO1 and FPO1 together, or at the very least be lining up coverage for each at the same time (even if it were different media teams).

Nothing is official, but the word is that they are asking CCDG for FPO1.

There was no bidding for anything. MPO is very valuable, worth thousands of dollars an event. FPO is virtually worthless due to number of views it gets. You would have to pay a crew for that.

Maybe we will know more after the PDGA Fall Summit on Monday or Tuesday?

Nothing is official, but the word is that they are asking CCDG for FPO1.

There was no bidding for anything. MPO is very valuable, worth thousands of dollars an event. FPO is virtually worthless due to number of views it gets. You would have to pay a crew for that.

Maybe we will know more after the PDGA Fall Summit on Monday or Tuesday?

I understand that FPO isn't worth as much to the crews. That's why I would expect the PDGA to make it a package deal: if a crew wants the revenue generating card (MPO1), they have to take FPO1 as well. That might stand the best chance of the PDGA getting a good deal balancing what they charge to cover MPO1 with what they'd be paying to have someone cover FPO1.

I'm not saying I know for sure, but I believe the crews get paid for filming. They do not pay for the right to film.

I'm not saying I know for sure, but I believe the crews get paid for filming. They do not pay for the right to film.

If the PDGA is paying anyone to film MPO1, at least at NTs and Majors, they're getting ripped off. It's time to someone other than the media crews to start monetizing the demand for that coverage.

I am having a harder and harder time imagining how anyone would think hosting a pro tour or NT would be worth it. I really don't see any upside in it for anyone but the players and potentially the disc manufacturing sponsor.....if even that.

We have had over 30 volunteers come out in the past week to work on Hornet's nest and at least 40 offer to help the day of the event. If anything, it energizes your base. I used to think pro events were worthless, but the videos that I can show parks and invigorating volunteers to really spruce up a few courses a few times a year are two great benefits.

I understand that FPO isn't worth as much to the crews. That's why I would expect the PDGA to make it a package deal: if a crew wants the revenue generating card (MPO1), they have to take FPO1 as well. That might stand the best chance of the PDGA getting a good deal balancing what they charge to cover MPO1 with what they'd be paying to have someone cover FPO1.

I know for Worlds this past year having the same crew for MPO1 and FPO1 presented some potential logistical difficulties when FPO had a lightning delay at their course while MPO did not. From that point of view, having separate crews is probably a good idea.

I know for Worlds this past year having the same crew for MPO1 and FPO1 presented some potential logistical difficulties when FPO had a lightning delay at their course while MPO did not. From that point of view, having separate crews is probably a good idea.

True for World's and Ledgestone, but on the National Tour FPO and MPO aren't playing 25 minutes away from each other like they did at Worlds and 40 minutes like they are at Ledgestone.

True for World's and Ledgestone, but on the National Tour FPO and MPO aren't playing 25 minutes away from each other like they did at Worlds and 40 minutes like they are at Ledgestone.

Fair point. A lightning delay at most events probably would push everyone back. It would be unlikely that a delay for the FPO wouldn't impact the MPO schedule.

That said, if the PDGA is giving exclusivity for all the NTs to a particular media company, then it would be incumbent on the bidding companies to account for contingencies like delays and travel between courses, and factor it all into their quote. Maybe for something like Ledgestone where the courses are separate and require travel, they could plan to sub-contract one card for the weekend in order to ensure that everything is covered.

Worlds at Ogden!! :thmbup: I might just have to show up for that. Love that area of the country.

Fair point. A lightning delay at most events probably would push everyone back. It would be unlikely that a delay for the FPO wouldn't impact the MPO schedule.

That said, if the PDGA is giving exclusivity for all the NTs to a particular media company, then it would be incumbent on the bidding companies to account for contingencies like delays and travel between courses, and factor it all into their quote. Maybe for something like Ledgestone where the courses are separate and require travel, they could plan to sub-contract one card for the weekend in order to ensure that everything is covered.

If there actually was a bidding process this year. There wasn't.

Maybe next year.

We have had over 30 volunteers come out in the past week to work on Hornet's nest and at least 40 offer to help the day of the event. If anything, it energizes your base. I used to think pro events were worthless, but the videos that I can show parks and invigorating volunteers to really spruce up a few courses a few times a year are two great benefits.

I've gotta say, maybe the best navigation signage I've ever seen at an event. You guys made it really hard to get lost, on a course that is really easy to get lost on if you're not familiar with all of the layouts, etc. Hats off to all the work that was done.

I hope the other park users and the park rangers will come around though, they were probably the rudest I've experienced at any event.

If there actually was a bidding process this year. There wasn't.

Maybe next year.

Do you know why there wasn't? I'm surprised they didn't have media teams bid.

This is of course based on the assumption that Jomez pays the PDGA to film events?

Do you know why there wasn't? I'm surprised they didn't have media teams bid.

This is of course based on the assumption that Jomez pays the PDGA to film events?

That is a great question. We never got an answer. Officially, nothing has been decided is my understanding. But, unofficially... probably decided. We were told that 2020 is a "transition" year.

In the past the PDGA has paid all the crews. I don't know what is going to happen THIS year for the NT events. So I can't say who is paying who. I do know that the PDGA will have to pay for FPO coverage. But there is NO WAY they should be paying for MPO coverage.

I've gotta say, maybe the best navigation signage I've ever seen at an event. You guys made it really hard to get lost, on a course that is really easy to get lost on if you're not familiar with all of the layouts, etc. Hats off to all the work that was done.

I hope the other park users and the park rangers will come around though, they were probably the rudest I've experienced at any event.

Thanks, I did the best I could with signage, I know it is an issue. Drives me crazy when people are just wandering around. I printed out, laminated, and mounted like 50 signs...YELLOW, just look up, sheesh.

Re: park staff - that will be resolved by next year. People in the park? Can't fix stupid or mean. Unfortunately the park doesn't border areas where people are used to being civil to each other. There is a lot of new management, I sent videos, so I will do my best to get as many amenities closed as possible AND post signs that say the basketball courts and tennis are closed that day. Tennis players wont enter...but the basketball folks.. it will probably piss them off even more. The signs would be posted where they walk in from the woods, so maybe they will just turn around.

Latest posts