• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 NT/DGPT Media Policy Announcement (satire fail)

Has this been confirmed yet?

My guess is it's not true. No link in the original post. Nothing on any official channels before or since. Just the trolling opening post.

This kind of decision would have to have been made in an official Board vote if it were a PDGA decision. The last meeting where a vote would have taken place was at the Fall Summit just after the HOFC (when the so-called Weema rule was approved) and the next, if scheduling trends hold, should be a teleconference tomorrow (first Tuesday of every month). If we didn't hear about it from the Summit, it probably hasn't happened.

If it's just a DGPT thing, then that's a call they're entitled to make but considering they typically put sponsor choices on their feature groups, I can't see then limiting their pool of potential candidates like this. Who plays on the MVP Open feature card to represent MVP? Do they have a 1020+ player? (no, they presently don't)

Trolls gotta troll, I suppose.

My guess is it's not true. No link in the original post. Nothing on any official channels before or since. Just the trolling opening post.

This kind of decision would have to have been made in an official Board vote if it were a PDGA decision. The last meeting where a vote would have taken place was at the Fall Summit just after the HOFC (when the so-called Weema rule was approved) and the next, if scheduling trends hold, should be a teleconference tomorrow (first Tuesday of every month). If we didn't hear about it from the Summit, it probably hasn't happened.

If it's just a DGPT thing, then that's a call they're entitled to make but considering they typically put sponsor choices on their feature groups, I can't see then limiting their pool of potential candidates like this. Who plays on the MVP Open feature card to represent MVP? Do they have a 1020+ player? (no, they presently don't)

I thought our own titanic sinks jumped up above 1020 this year... am I remembering wrong?

Edit: he is 1017 rated now... I don't know if the USDGC dragged him down or if it's just a faulty memory.

Last edited:

I don't think it's accurate but the HOFC meeting notes haven't been posted yet.

I don't think it's accurate but the HOFC meeting notes haven't been posted yet.

Right, but my assumption is that a change like this isn't likely to be kept a secret for 3+ weeks before a formal announcement or approval/publication of the meeting minutes. The Weema thing was out a nano-second after the vote without any formal announcements. No way something like this doesn't get leaked the same way.

All MPO competitors MUST be 1020 rated to appear on a YouTube feature card.

Can we just end this thread now?

n70um.jpg

Just so I can stick it to the man(DGPT), I am buying camera equipment(my iPhone and a few for my buddies), assembling a liquored up camera crew(my buddies and me), lining up an editing staff with no talent(more of my buddies) and we will be covering worst rated card at every event on tour and posting it on YouTube..............

Can't image we would much worse than the live broadcast crew over at the DGPT.

All MPO competitors MUST be 1020 rated to appear on a YouTube feature card.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just so I can stick it to the man(DGPT), I am buying camera equipment(my iPhone and a few for my buddies), assembling a liquored up camera crew(my buddies and me), lining up an editing staff with no talent(more of my buddies) and we will be covering worst rated card at every event on tour and posting it on YouTube..............

Can't image we would much worse than the live broadcast crew over at the DGPT.

If you mean the beginning of last year's camera men, then I agree.

Beer, loads of beer. Looking for a sponsor, targeting those guys that make Imperial Voodoo Ranger. Nice label, plus a 1/2 dozen of those will wreck you. Also If I dress them up to match the beer label they will be easy to spot. They will be the guys laying on the ground passed out with an iPhone pointed at the sky hoping a disc flies over so they don't have to move much.

Might need to strap a GoPro to their head this way I won't have replace a bunch of lost iPhones. Plus that way they have free hands to carry more beer.

So let's do some quick math,

225K for a badass bus with a wrap.
18 GoPrs at 99.00 each bought on Black Friday, one for each hole.
18 cases of Imperial VooDoo Ranger per event times 30 events, say a grand or so just in case some one has a hollow leg...30K
20k for munchies
10K for tournament trinkets we buy along the way.
100K for bail money and bribes

So 377K and 34 cents ought to do me.

So if I do a KickStart campaign I ought to be able to get this rolling by the first event....

You have to pay them to cover any cards don't you?

Last edited:
This thread is embarrassing. Whoever posted this has way too much time on their hands. What a complete waste of time. Just to confirm...the PDGA BOD absolutely did not pass this.

There's a difference between writing satire and spreading false rumors.

This definitely isn't satire. Satire is supposed to be funny. When several people commented on the thread that they actually we're believing this, that means the satire wasn't well received. For anyone who knows me you know that there aren't many people who are more sarcastic than me, but this just wasn't funny. DGCR used to be a great place to have passionate and mostly factual disc golf discussions. As a PDGA BOD member I would love to see it get back to that. Too many times when I come on here and read a thread I pretty much see 80 percent of the comments as sarcasm/satire. Just sayin'!