• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

I certainly don't think Paige is a cheater when it comes to the triple Mando thing. I just think it's a signal that the pdga needs to update allowable evidence for getting a call correct.

I do think she was taking liberties with her jump putt, but she isn't the only one guilty of that. She makes a huge amount of putts with her normal step through, where there is zero question.

Attention foot fault crybabies...EVERY pro player occasionally foot faults. Accept it and move on.

If Ricky calls a foot fault on Conrad, Ricky knows the next time he foot faults it will be called. So rather than having a bunch of foot faults being called everyone just lets minor foot faults go. Most pros don't even watch the other players feet closely. (oh, no...another rules violation!)

Plus, we are seeing minor foot faults via a nearby camera that the other players don't see because they are usually much farther away getting ready for their own shot.

Do we really need these "Cat's toe touched her mini on hole X" or "Heimburg missed his mark on his 400 foot approach on hole Z"?

I understand that when these minor foot faults are not called it gives the advantage to the players who commit them more often.

When you become a professional disc golfer you can call all the foot faults you want. :wall:

Good stuff from the 5x champs.

There's a big difference between McBeth forcing Conrad to literally hit the shot of a lifetime, and Paige laying up OB.

They both basically employed the same strategy. Paige simply executed an awful layup, which basically put the championship in Cat's hands.

Replay that scenario 100 times:
How many times you think Cat puts her 2nd shot on 18 in the circle with all that OB around it, plus Paige lays up OB?

Paul played the percentages and executed a good layup. Got beat because James nutted a 250' annie with OB all around, then ultimately on some ground action that sent his playoff shot OB.

Replay that scenario 100 times:
How often does James hit that shot, and Paul's playoff shot rolls OB?

Because that's exactly what it took for each of these to play out as it did.

As harsh as this may sound, Paige had it in her hands, and threw it away on an upshot most of us could make ...(as if we've ever been in that situation).

Paul had it in his hands, and James wrestled it away from him.

Attention foot fault crybabies...EVERY pro player occasionally foot faults. Accept it and move on.

I think this just goes to show you that something fundamentally needs to change about that rule, at least for jump putts. Either extend c1 rules to c2, or re-write the rule to make it essentially ignore the jump putt. As for throws, they did make an adjustment to give you a 'zone' to land within instead of restricting stance to be on the line of play. I think it can be changed for the better, helping to define if a player is trying to gain unfair advantage with their stance.

Most of these things are from a rulebook that was written 30+ years ago. More updates and clarifications need to be written as the game progresses.

I think this just goes to show you that something fundamentally needs to change about that rule, at least for jump putts. Either extend c1 rules to c2, or re-write the rule to make it essentially ignore the jump putt.

Oh great, players walking off C2 putts to see if they are in or outside the circle.

:gross:

Paul played extremely well, he crushed the other 1050 boys and his putter was hot…he just got beat by a once in a lifetime throw…..and I think Paul can live with that.

Paige made some horrible plays,she could easily have gone in to the last round with a +5 stokes lead..her B9 r3 was a row of horrible choices………and the play on that last hole.
Fun thing that Paul had the exact same throws to do after JC made that shot that Paige had to win, just lay up at drop in the par……no one ever thought for a second that Paul would make those shots for a playoff……but Paige missed the easiest shot in discgolf.

Starting to feel like FPO and MPO are totaly different games.
MPO is about being aggressive and make birds.
FPO is more about avoiding mistakes……..par golf would have given you 6th place in FPO

Final rounds for the Mens and Womens lead cards have been up on youtube for a little less than 24hrs now

Womens F9+B9 View Count - 15.3K

Mens F9+B9 View Count - 361K

The live on youtube was closer

FPO 59k
MPO 168k

Dont know how to change that.....this was a battle with the two best in the sport and it still cant get views. . . but their play did not help, you dont want to watch 4,5h with players missing drives putts and upshots

I did watch the live FPO. . .but do i want to see that play again post...no

Last edited:
The live on youtube was closer

FPO 59k
MPO 168k

Dont know how to change that.....this was a battle with the two best in the sport and it still cant get views. . . but their play did not help, you dont want to watch 4,5h with players missing drives putts and upshots

I did watch the live FPO. . .but do i want to see that play again post...no

This. The final round from McBeast especially was a one man highlight reel, incredible shot after incredible shot and then Conrad stole the show with one of the best moments I've seen in sport. OK Calvin was having a shocker but the other three were a joy to watch.

The FPO card was a lot more like watching me and my friends play, a card of four of us would be rated slightly higher (even with me bringing the average down :D ) . I want to be wowed by stuff I can't see on my local course day in day out, the FPO field is still not there, I do think they will get there though in the next few years.

I certainly don't think Paige is a cheater when it comes to the triple Mando thing. I just think it's a signal that the pdga needs to update allowable evidence for getting a call correct.

I'd prefer to see triple mandos most of the way up the fairway taken out as an option rather than changing to allow video. I've been arguing against mandos at distance since I started playing the sport. You just can't reliably tell at that distance.

This. The final round from McBeast especially was a one man highlight reel, incredible shot after incredible shot and then Conrad stole the show with one of the best moments I've seen in sport. OK Calvin was having a shocker but the other three were a joy to watch.

The FPO card was a lot more like watching me and my friends play, a card of four of us would be rated slightly higher (even with me bringing the average down :D ) . I want to be wowed by stuff I can't see on my local course day in day out, the FPO field is still not there, I do think they will get there though in the next few years.

You want the "how did he do that" not "how could she miss that"

But Paige can do incredible things….the two DZ putts in a row was incredible, but they do mean that she missed the island both time..not so good.

Wonder how many FPO vs MPO players that hit that island …

I understand that raw power and distance will be different between MPO and FPO, but should the quality of putting and approach shots really be that different overall from the top pros in each division? It seems that it is, but I cannot come up with any good explanation as to why. Now don't get me wrong, Cat's final approach on 18 is to be envied by anyone, but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. And C1x percentages between divisions certainly tell a clear story as well.

I understand that raw power and distance will be different between MPO and FPO, but should the quality of putting and approach shots really be that different overall from the top pros in each division? It seems that it is, but I cannot come up with any good explanation as to why. Now don't get me wrong, Cat's final approach on 18 is to be envied by anyone, but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. And C1x percentages between divisions certainly tell a clear story as well.

There's a difference between the sexes.

* accepts that he'll now be canceled *

Putting and approaching should be similar and it is wildly different. The only reason I can think is a lack of competition. More competition at the top will drive the need to get better at every facet of the game. I've always found it frustrating that this seems to be the biggest difference between FPO/MPO and the easiest to change, there is very little of a physiological excuse for it, although longer fingers and limbs do help generate power in putting so are advantageous. You'll find me ranting elsewhere about the inefficient putting strokes of the top FPO players (and some top MPO players of the last ten years for that matter, looking at you Schusterick...) . A lot of them have very poor putting form, but with a lack of competition to drive change they haven't needed to blow the form up and start over.

Latest posts