• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

This comment was a gem, I am absolutely stealing this whenever someone makes fun of disc golf
Should somebody tell this guy that 1108.92 feet is over 3 and a half football fields?

mr.smooth:)

22 hours ago
Ehhhhhh you GOT ME with the 247 Feet BRAVO........82 Yards Haaaaa???? I clicked on it because i was saying NO CHANCE a Frisbee is traveling 2 1/2 Football Fields

Obviously James' and Paul's upward trends at the end get speak to their strong finish, but look at Barsby's and Eagle's... they just didn't get off to a great start.

Barsby's trendline pretty much looks like one of continuous improvement throughout the tournament.

I would argue that Barsby's performance is getting way overlooked, obviously for good reasons.

He shot 1050.8 golf, 31 points above his rating with a low of 1036 in the 3rd round.

My two favorite stats from a local guy Matt Hammersten who had a very respectable 25th place finish.

2nd in circle 1 putting at 96.43%
5th in OB rate at 7 OB over 90 holes

He was playing some great golf which help make up for this.

194th in parked. 2 holes out of 90.

https://udisclive.com/players/matthammersten?t=proworlds2021

And even with the 5th best OB rate he went 1 out of 3 on hole 16 at the Fort. He saved one of them for par.

Sounds like he's being totally honest there.

Great point about elevation making that shot harder.

Curious what Emerson Keith's track would look like.

Wow. Quite a stretch where he was playing about a throw better than his rating on every hole.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EK.jpg
    EK.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 222
Thats insane. .

And on the FPO side we had 119 OBs in.... 167 tries. . .that can´t be right?
Yep. Those OB stats are not abnormal on many holes on tour these days. Check out the OB stats on UDisc for courses like Eureka, Winthrop Gold and Emporia for example with OB penalties averaging over 5 per player per round. A few holes for FPO have over 100% OBs where some players get more than one OB over the length of the hole.

Yep. Those OB stats are not abnormal on many holes on tour these days. Check out the OB stats on UDisc for courses like Eureka, Winthrop Gold and Emporia for example with OB penalties averaging over 5 per player per round. A few holes for FPO have over 100% OBs where some players get more than one OB over the length of the hole.
I don't really watch pro disc golf so I'm not aware of this. Is this considered a problem? It seems like clearly they have FPO in scenarios where they simply do not have the skills to navigate the hole. That's bad design, the hole is too hard. Watching coverage of a hole like that would be brutal and make the women look bad.

If the OB is contrived paint on the ground OB, couldn't they paint two lines and open up the shots for the women? Something like that?

I don't really watch pro disc golf so I'm not aware of this. Is this considered a problem? It seems like clearly they have FPO in scenarios where they simply do not have the skills to navigate the hole. That's bad design, the hole is too hard. Watching coverage of a hole like that would be brutal and make the women look bad.

If the OB is contrived paint on the ground OB, couldn't they paint two lines and open up the shots for the women? Something like that?

That'd make sense.

Eh, with courses set up on fairly open terrain, OB lines basically substitute for trees. On a hole with lots of trees, tight lines and thick foliage off the fairway, people aren't going to be surprised if trees are hit and people are taking lots of bogeys. Lots of players going OB on holes where the OB is the only thing that punishes missing your line is pretty much expected. Winthrop, being set up on open ground around a college, and Emporia, being set up on a very open ball golf course, have to rely on OB to challenge the players. I'm thinking Eureka must be similar, but I can't bring that course to mind ATM.

We have the Rocket Mortgage Golf Classic this weekend here in Detroit. I find it odd that interview after interview has pro golfers praising the groundskeepers, volunteers..... Positive comments on the work that is being done and the conditions of the course. The positive comments on how they are happy to be in Detroit and having the opportunity to play in the event.

Why the difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E74Ls31Zi28

I love his enthusiasm. You can tell he's really a player, not just some MSM talking head going through the motions... like the guy that interviewed Cat in the podcast Shankapotamus linked. It was obvious he just didn't know the game, or good questions to ask Catrina.

Either your a disc golfer, and you get it.
Or your not, and you don't.
:|

Last edited:

Latest posts