• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

Is there a video link to this? I love me some rules/course controversy, especially if Nikko is involved

The problem is that the sand trap does not have a hard edge. It looks like the bunker has been neglected and grass has grown through the sand where Nikko's disc ends up.

As much as I don't like Nikko there is definitely some grass adjacent to his disc so that the disc is not completely surrounded by sand.

I completely agree that any hazard sand traps that are maintained like the one question absolutely have to be marked in some clear manner, especially for a tournament like Worlds. That level of professionalism should be expected of who ever is running this level of tournament.

But without marking, I think that little peninsula of grass that extends into the trap would have to be considered safe. It's not like the grass on the left that is growing up out of somewhere inside trap, but rather an incursion of the grass growing outside the trap. If it's tucked up against that grass, it's safe because it's not 100% in the hazard, even if it's 99.99% in it.

If the trap was properly maintained I believe the yellow line would be where the definitive sand/grass edge would be and the disc would definitely be OB.
You would think before any big tournament a few people would spend a couple of hours walking the course looking for potential OB problems.

What an absolute child he is.

Anyone who calls Nikko a child can suck it!
:p

Well I don't like his behavior a good part of the time, I simply accept him for who he is, and admit I love his enthusiasm. And I completely understand he's not everyone's cup of tea.

I'm certainly not his biggest fan, but life is more interesting with characters in it. Whatever else you can say about him, Nikko's definitely a character.

I wonder if his card ever gives him rules calls that they wouldn't give to another player simply because they know he'll have a tantrum if they rule against him?

In the situation above I would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure some players don't want to deal with it, so they don't make those type of calls. But that door swings both ways.

I don't know which players are into that sort of gamesmanship, but given how long Nikko's been competing, you got to figure somebody's called him on borderline stuff, more to f**k with him than to actually question the call.

In pretty much every form of competition, you'll find people who do whatever they can to get inside other people's heads. Some players are more susceptible to it than others.

Everybody ragging on Nikko and his timing on putts, lemme ask an honest question.

Have you actually called a player in competition for the exact same thing?

I'd be willing to wager probably not. And those same people like to blame the card for allowing it to happen, but the reality is…everybody is so focused on their own game they're not going to let somebody else's ruin their own. They're competing for cash…I'm definitely nowhere close to that level, but when it's on the line I'm worrying about me…nobody else…

That's why those calls are never made…if it bothers you that much blow up Jeff Spring and the DGPT for course marshalls. Blow them up for markings around sand and greens in Utah too lol. Nikko will love you forever😘😘😘

On a serious note, watching the OTB skins match Matty O is the most entertaining player on tour. Get him on camera every time possible.

686ft long drive by GG…wow
And 501ft by Paige

Insane how far they can throw…

Paige really killed the putting competition…she won by 10 points!

Yeah thats some poorly marked OB right there. The hole info should say "if in bunker, but not competely surrounded by sand only, proceed to suck it" :D

Not to derail this any further (is there a Nikko lovehatelove thread BTW?) but kinda feel Nikko is like Andre Agassi. Former young hot gun, came back several times from the dumps, annoys people like hell, gets mad love from people, does lots of good for the sport that people dont necessarily realize. Yeah, like Agassi.

Everybody ragging on Nikko and his timing on putts, lemme ask an honest question.

Have you actually called a player in competition for the exact same thing?

I'd be willing to wager probably not. And those same people like to blame the card for allowing it to happen, but the reality is…everybody is so focused on their own game they're not going to let somebody else's ruin their own. They're competing for cash…I'm definitely nowhere close to that level, but when it's on the line I'm worrying about me…nobody else…

That's why those calls are never made…if it bothers you that much blow up Jeff Spring and the DGPT for course marshalls. Blow them up for markings around sand and greens in Utah too lol. Nikko will love you forever😘😘😘

On a serious note, watching the OTB skins match Matty O is the most entertaining player on tour. Get him on camera every time possible.

I've called players for courtesy warnings. One of those players was Nikko.

I've also called players to time violations.

Failing to do so is not following the rules.

Yeah thats some poorly marked OB right there. The hole info should say "if in bunker, but not competely surrounded by sand only, proceed to suck it" :D

Not to derail this any further (is there a Nikko lovehatelove thread BTW?) but kinda feel Nikko is like Andre Agassi. Former young hot gun, came back several times from the dumps, annoys people like hell, gets mad love from people, does lots of good for the sport that people dont necessarily realize. Yeah, like Agassi.

Agassi was for lack of a better word, humble in his 2nd iteration. Same with Connors.

Now, McEnroe, on the other hand, he kind of just always leaned into being a jerk.

with coverage being on DGN all week, does that mean free final round saturday on Youtube?

I remember reading somewhere that, that is the case but can't seem to find it.

It's also strange that they haven't released teetimes and postpro groups yet

EDIT: nvm just found them on the pdga twitter page...

MPO: All times eastern...

Live on DGN... 6pm card... Eagle, GG, Calvin and McBeth

Jomez... Jerm, Ricky, Keith and Uli

Gatekeeper... Dickerson, Simon, Albert Tamm, Kade Filimoehala

GK Pro... Rico, Barsby, Avery Jenkins and Joe Rovere

FPO:

Live on DGN... 12:30pm card... PP, Korver, Panis and Tattar

CCDG... Cat, Scoggins, Young and Finley

Ace Run... Hokom, Widboom and both the Mandujanos

OTB... Hailey King, Gannon, Fajkus and Cox