• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

How is it not a bigger story that this is JK's first Worlds in 15 years? I'm personally pulling for her to make a strong comeback.

How is it not a bigger story that this is JK's first Worlds in 15 years? I'm personally pulling for her to make a strong comeback.

If someone thought she had a chance to win, it'd be a bigger story. If she's in the mix after day 1, I think it'll blow up.

I'll be rooting for her, that's for sure. I met her on the course a few months back, and she couldn't have been nicer. She assumed I had no clue who she was, asked about the course, the local scene, etc.

Her mic´d up practice round was nice :)

Just fun to se her play--not many players that comes back after 12y behind a desk. . .but it must be hard to play HER game, not to play like players half her age...OR try to play like her self 15y ago.

Did she play Masters worlds?

FPO = 12:30 start?
MPO = 6:30 start?

Hopefully the start times were delayed to allow the tourney staff time to clearly mark the hazards. :p

----------
Nothing off Cat, Paige, Sarah, Hailey, et al.... but yeah, kinda hard not to pull for JK. Hard not to like her.

Last edited:
So the order of FPO and MPO are swapped again vs. what has been happening since DGN managed to get them swapped for purposes of live coverage.

Some possible reasons for the swap would be more extensive coverage of the FPO field, or something having to do with wanting the MPO field later. Could there be traditional media broadcast implications? I assume not, but it occured to me as a possibility.

FPO = 12:30 start?
MPO = 6:30 start?

Hopefully the start times were delayed to allow the tourney staff time to clearly mark the hazards. :p

----------
Nothing off Cat, Paige, Sarah, Hailey, et al.... but yeah, kinda hard not to pull for JK. Hard not to like her.

Is this official and if so what time zone

So the order of FPO and MPO are swapped again vs. what has been happening since DGN managed to get them swapped for purposes of live coverage.

Some possible reasons for the swap would be more extensive coverage of the FPO field, or something having to do with wanting the MPO field later. Could there be traditional media broadcast implications? I assume not, but it occured to me as a possibility.

The FPO teeing off after MPO is a DGPT thing

E4ajb7xUYAYhk7L
E4ajb7yVcAEawex

Agassi was for lack of a better word, humble in his 2nd iteration. Same with Connors.

Now, McEnroe, on the other hand, he kind of just always leaned into being a jerk.

Yeah ok. Cant quite stretch into "humble Nikko" but its not like he is competely unchanged.

And +1 for my Agassilogue: colorful outfits. :)

The FPO teeing off after MPO is a DGPT thing

I'm thinking your meaning here is that live coverage concerns don't carry over to non DGPT events, because they aren't joined at the hip to DGN like DGPT is? Or am I missing some other reason DGPT changes up the order?

I'm thinking your meaning here is that live coverage concerns don't carry over to non DGPT events, because they aren't joined at the hip to DGN like DGPT is? Or am I missing some other reason DGPT changes up the order?

Come to think of it, i think the NTs have followed that model for the live broadcasts also. So, I'm not sure why the Worlds is different other than it's Worlds.

Dedicated 18 holes instead of just catching the tail end while the MPO get the focus.
Additionally, with the 2 courses, 3 pools (144 MPO-A, 72 MPO-B, and 72 FPO) the MPO-A and FPO are on a different course schedule. FPO Mulligans in the morning, MPO-A Fort in the afternoon. The alternative would be cut MPO-A in half and pair 72 MPO-A with 72 FPO, and put 144 MPO-B into their own pool. (Which is possible, but wasn't the chosen format)

Dedicated 18 holes instead of just catching the tail end while the MPO get the focus.
Additionally, with the 2 courses, 3 pools (144 MPO-A, 72 MPO-B, and 72 FPO) the MPO-A and FPO are on a different course schedule. FPO Mulligans in the morning, MPO-A Fort in the afternoon. The alternative would be cut MPO-A in half and pair 72 MPO-A with 72 FPO, and put 144 MPO-B into their own pool. (Which is possible, but wasn't the chosen format)

Ahh... I didn't even think of them being on different courses.:doh:

I think I misunderstood btrus's posts (#77 & 78)
Pretty sure those times are just for the feature cards.

I was trying to make a joke, and fell flat on my face. :eek:

I think I misunderstood btrus's posts (#77 & 78)
Pretty sure those times are just for the feature cards.

I was trying to make a joke, and fell flat on my face. :eek:

Hey, look on the bright side. Some comedians have made a whole career of falling in their face! :D

I've called players for courtesy warnings. One of those players was Nikko.

I've also called players to time violations.

Failing to do so is not following the rules.

I've been on cards where courtesy warnings were issued.

As far as time violations go, do you actually bust out your phone or something and measure the time to throw? I'm asking because if somebody called me on it I'd want to know how long I actually took, that way I can help stay within the allowed time limits.

Yeah ok. Cant quite stretch into "humble Nikko" but its not like he is competely unchanged.

And +1 for my Agassilogue: colorful outfits. :)

I'll +1 you.

Saw Agassi and Courier battle during a charity match back in their prime. Sitting 4th row. Agassi was full on big hair and colorful outfit mode. Courier was pretty nondescript. It made sense when I found out Toad the Wet Sprocket was his favorite band.

I'll +1 you.

Saw Agassi and Courier battle during a charity match back in their prime. Sitting 4th row. Agassi was full on big hair and colorful outfit mode. Courier was pretty nondescript. It made sense when I found out Toad the Wet Sprocket was his favorite band.

I went to one of those exhibition matches also. Albeit nosebleed seats.