• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Tim Selinske U.S. Masters Championships Sep 9-12

Anyone know how long the pins will be in tournament positions after the tournament is over?

Another week where many really good players have to choose between two top tourneys to play. MJ and Philo picked GMC. These 40s and 50s players who are still really top notch should not have to choose...

Fortunately for me, Selinske was practically in my back yard, and GMC is far away. Made the decision easy.

Hey, true story, there's a very good chance y'all will be hearing my voice or that of another DGCRer on the post-produced video coverage of FP40. We bumped into the video crew and talked to them, and wouldn't you know it, they were happy to have some players help out with the "watch and talk about disc golf" thing.

Another week where many really good players have to choose between two top tourneys to play. MJ and Philo picked GMC. These 40s and 50s players who are still really top notch should not have to choose...

After the debacle of the MAO this year with harmony bends, i had no want to play the selinske out there. Not with how great a chance that that course could turn into a mess if it even thought about raining

After the debacle of the MAO this year with harmony bends, i had no want to play the selinske out there. Not with how great a chance that that course could turn into a mess if it even thought about raining
For future planning purposes, the summer and autumn out here are quite dry. HB floods mostly in the springtime from frequent rain onto ground that's already saturated from the preceding winter.

I've played a lot of tourneys at HB, and it's the springtime ones that get washed out, shortened, or otherwise. The late summer and autumn ones have gone perfectly.

For future planning purposes, the summer and autumn out here are quite dry. HB floods mostly in the springtime from frequent rain onto ground that's already saturated from the preceding winter.

I've played a lot of tourneys at HB, and it's the springtime ones that get washed out, shortened, or otherwise. The late summer and autumn ones have gone perfectly.

Good tip for us course baggers too.

Certainly understandable. I'd never questions anyone's choice of course, just wondering out loud why a choice needs to be made. Surely the scheduling could have been better for those wanting to play in both tournaments.

Certainly understandable. I'd never questions anyone's choice of course, just wondering out loud why a choice needs to be made. Surely the scheduling could have been better for those wanting to play in both tournaments.

Scheduling big MPO events around big non-MPO events (or vice versa) is a nice thought in theory but would be really hard to do in practice. I doubt any of the players are too concerned one way or another.

Hey, true story, there's a very good chance y'all will be hearing my voice or that of another DGCRer on the post-produced video coverage of FP40. We bumped into the video crew and talked to them, and wouldn't you know it, they were happy to have some players help out with the "watch and talk about disc golf" thing.

Update: it looks like no.

The videos have been appearing on YouTube, and despite the positive discussions we had and pledge to work together, it appears that the local crew doing the video coverage went with other voice talent. Without mentioning it to us.

Somebody I know who played in this event complained about really bad chigger bites at HB.

If that's true, unfortunately it looks like that course just dropped a bit on my wish list…it's one of the highest rated in the US but I ain't making a special trip somewhere just to get a hundred+ chigger bites. 😩

Somebody I know who played in this event complained about really bad chigger bites at HB.

If that's true, unfortunately it looks like that course just dropped a bit on my wish list…it's one of the highest rated in the US but I ain't making a special trip somewhere just to get a hundred+ chigger bites. 😩
Not a local, but I've played there twice - didn't have a problem with chiggers either time.

The only chigger encounter I've had was at Ozark Mountain.

I played two rounds there this weekend, not a bite on me. Dunno.

No one I talked to or played with had bites.

However, there are some parts that are nasty flood mud which I imagine could harbor some insects which come out of the muck and bite your ankles. Maybe that's what happened.

Don't throw there.

Chiggers generally crawl up, uh, farther to settle in to a warm wet area to feed.

post-1420-0-90112400-1504614233.gif

Latest posts