• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Tim Selinske U.S. Masters Championships Sep 9-12

Somebody I know who played in this event complained about really bad chigger bites at HB.

If that's true, unfortunately it looks like that course just dropped a bit on my wish list…it's one of the highest rated in the US but I ain't making a special trip somewhere just to get a hundred+ chigger bites. 😩

I am a chigger magnet. I played HB twice and I had ZERO chigger bites. I also played all five courses used for the 2021 US Masters. Thank goodness I didn't get any chiggers because one chigger bite is horrible, multiple chigger bites is the devil and 100 chigger bites would be my worst nightmare!

My advice: never sit directly on the grass in Missouri (or any other location known for chiggers!)

Brad gets his first Major and Discraft doesn't mention a single word about it. That's some bs there. At least congratulate they guy.

Having played my fourth Selinske's along with two Am Worlds, the event was ran very, very well. Unique Amateur player pack, good communication, ample water and snacks on the course, impressive volunteer team and large number of spotters, more portable restrooms than you could possibly piss in, courses in great shape. It was ran like it was a Major. There was no comparison to the 2019 Selinske. I've played in numerous C-tiers that were ran better than the 2019 Selinske's.

2013 Emporia Am Worlds
2014 Tulsa Selinske
2016 Madison Am Worlds
2018 Lemon Lake Selinske
2019 Central Massachusetts Selinske
2021 Columbia MO Selinske

Having played my fourth Selinske's along with two Am Worlds, the event was ran very, very well. Unique Amateur player pack, good communication, ample water and snacks on the course, impressive volunteer team and large number of spotters, more portable restrooms than you could possibly piss in, courses in great shape. It was ran like it was a Major. There was no comparison to the 2019 Selinske. I've played in numerous C-tiers that were ran better than the 2019 Selinske's.

2013 Emporia Am Worlds
2014 Tulsa Selinske
2016 Madison Am Worlds
2018 Lemon Lake Selinske
2019 Central Massachusetts Selinske
2021 Columbia MO Selinske

Guarantee it will be a well run event next year in the (Quad Cities) put on by the fine folks at Iron Lion Disc Golf Supply. Will be a couple years two early for me to participate though.

Glad you guys enjoyed it!!

I got to see some great golf this last weekend! I helped out spotting on Thursday and Sunday. I got to see Nova throw an absolute crush on hole 10 Thursday. I was the first of two spotters on that hole while I was waiting for cards to get to 17 where I was spotting, she walked up and warned me she was going to bomb one past me and she wasn't kidding. She outdrove her whole card by at least 80'.

The rest of the time spotting I was on 17. I really enjoyed watching how everyone attacked that hole from the different pads. Even towards the end of their round on hole 17, after climbing up hole 15 and 16's steep fairways, most cards were having a great time and were super friendly. I'm definitely going to play the Quad Cites Selinske next year. I want to be a part of this group of golfers every year. You guys who played looked like you were having an absolute ball out there!

There was no comparison to the 2019 Selinske. I've played in numerous C-tiers that were ran better than the 2019 Selinske's.

Thank you for reminding me of that debacle. I had never heard of a TD running a PDGA A-Tier SuperTour / DGPT Elite Series event, and then turning around and running a PDGA Major event the very next weekend. But that is exactly what happened, and it was no surprise that the subsequent event was a total s-show.

Latest posts