• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 Tour Series Disc - What Should I Choose?

Part of the appeal of the Nate Firebirds is that they are unique, he throws them well and can work for many players.

I think something like a color glow Leopard(or Leo3), some variation of TL or even do another Roadrunner in a unique plastic could be very cool as they are discs that you either do or feasibility could use(quite well I'm sure), and would be useable for many established players as well as the huge boom of new players.

I also don't hate the MF Mirage idea, it seems as if the Mirage has become a staple of many female players bags and a MF that may be more stable could be very interesting, though many not as much of a sure thing in sales as a fairway.

Whatever you choose, good luck and thanks for the advise/ribbing on Twitter last week!

The more stable version of the Mirage is currently the Colt or would have been the Classic Roc if still available. The Colt would be a good utility disc and even spin putter for those who really snap their putts.

TB3 or especially TL3.
Really getting a lot of attention the last few years as neutral control drivers.
Speed 8, so they're in the speed range of a lot of players.

My 2nd suggestion would be a putter mold that works for putting and driving.
The Stud is a perfect combination and being seen in more Pros bags lately.

In any case, thanks for giving us on DGCR a chance to geek out for your benefit!!

I was just discussing this yesterday, not about you but about touring pros in general. I think the smart play would be to pick the best selling disc in the most popular weight. For instance if it were me I'd pick Wraiths at 170 grams. Most players that are going to throw something aren't looking for the 175 driver. This assumes most people aren't buying them as collectibles. Alternately you could pick a mold that is popular but harder to find in good colors. Like the Katana.

Some unique plastic, lighter weight Roadrunner would be awesome. Your star tour series one from a few years ago has been working great for me lately.

The more stable version of the Mirage is currently the Colt or would have been the Classic Roc if still available. The Colt would be a good utility disc and even spin putter for those who really snap their putts.

I think there is a gap. The Mirage is super understable while the Colt is fairly straight. At least for me on the couple I have, both Star max weight.

G Star Sidewinder, TL, Teebird or Leopard in mid 160's weights would be great. Or R Pro Dart, but I guess thats Nate's disc too.

I say go for alliteration or another something that sounds good in marketing. For example a "Holly Halo _______" could be alluring.

I started carrying a Star Mirage after watching you with one a few summers ago, so that's my vote.

I say go for alliteration or another something that sounds good in marketing. For example a "Holly Halo _______" could be alluring.

This only works with one disc (AFAIK) and that's the Hydra lol

Get with Wisecup and have him figure out how to produce the 86 Softie (I heard Innova owns the mold)

You will thank me and Steve later.

Don't you still have like 20 86 Softies left? You were bagging one last time I played with you, why do you need more? XD

I'm a huge fan of Millennium and love that Calvin and Barsby and a few others promote their disc....so have you ever thrown a Millennium QMS. Safe pick is probably a Mako 3 but the Holly QMS would be sick.

Sidewinder gets no love, but it's a great disc for all skill levels. Swirl/Halo Sidewinders would get way overpriced on the collector's market but would still be awesome.

I bagged a Halo Sidewinder for a while this year. They're not really Sidewinders at all in flight.

For that matter, I had a guy a my league put 400' of power on my Halo Roadrunner (I don't have that kind of distance) and it still fought out of the turn and ended up left. A Holly Halo Roadrunner actually sounds awesome.

Latest posts