• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 PDGA Champions Cup, April 20-23

Not necessarily a rhetorical question although it might end up there: has there ever been a bigger delta between 1 and the field than right now between Kristin and FPO? I don't know the history well enough and if there is a comp, maybe it's the first stretch of Climo's run. In the second half, you had strong 2s challenging and sometimes winning (Schultz, Doss, Feldberg). And to be clear, I'm not comparing KT's current performance to KC's sustained performance. Rather, if she's on right now, it really doesn't feel like there's a player that can keep up. So, the question is a sort of her best against the field's best and whether there's a comparable sense of separation anywhere in the game's history within a season.

Actual question. Looking forward to learning.

They were talking about Val Jenkins winning in 2008 by like 49(?) strokes I think?

I'd say what makes this so special is the FPO field is not weak. Still, I think KT is dialed and the field is not as on point. Not that they'd be keeping up with KT even if they were playing their best, but, I think there are players in the FPO that are capable of being closer.

Possibly it's seeing KT play so incredible that they are pushing to keep up rather than just play the course.

Not necessarily a rhetorical question although it might end up there: has there ever been a bigger delta between 1 and the field than right now between Kristin and FPO? I don't know the history well enough and if there is a comp, maybe it's the first stretch of Climo's run. In the second half, you had strong 2s challenging and sometimes winning (Schultz, Doss, Feldberg). And to be clear, I'm not comparing KT's current performance to KC's sustained performance. Rather, if she's on right now, it really doesn't feel like there's a player that can keep up. So, the question is a sort of her best against the field's best and whether there's a comparable sense of separation anywhere in the game's history within a season.

Actual question. Looking forward to learning.

I'm sure someone can provide more detail, but when Paige Pierce was in her prime from 2011-2019, was pretty common for her to win events by double digit margins.

But I don't think she ever put together the streak of finishing in the top 3 that Kristin did.

They were talking about Val Jenkins winning in 2008 by like 49(?) strokes I think?

I'd say what makes this so special is the FPO field is not weak. Still, I think KT is dialed and the field is not as on point. Not that they'd be keeping up with KT even if they were playing their best, but, I think there are players in the FPO that are capable of being closer.

Possibly it's seeing KT play so incredible that they are pushing to keep up rather than just play the course.

maybe at a c tier

What makes Kristin so special is that she makes it look easy. .no rally crazy putts or insane drives, , she just dont make misstakes
When Paige was at her peak she made those crazy putts and drives. . but she also made huge misstakes.

This streak of "no bogeys" Tattar is on i find it hard to think that Paige has been even close to that

Hope she can keep it going, starting to look good for 1000 rating for Tattar.
Five of her last six rounds have been 1000+ rated, which is probably an unprecedented level of consistency in this regard in FPO. I remember Paige averaging a bit over 1000 at the European Open in like 2019.

Last edited:
What makes Kristin so special is that she makes it look easy. .no rally crazy putts or insane drives, , she just dont make misstakes
When Paige was at her peak she made those crazy putts and drives. . but she also made huge misstakes.

This streak of "no bogeys" Tattar is on i find it hard to think that Paige has been even close to that

Spot on. Two very different approaches to the game.

Paige played a more aggressive, high risk/high reward game, frequently pushing OB lines (often taking those OB penalties). But she also made some spectacular shots and putts.

Kristin doesn't take many chances, and makes far fewer mistakes. Consistency and a well -balanced shot making repertoire are her hallmark.

Although I don't think there's that big a difference in age (please correct me if I'm wrong), their careers seem to have peaked at quite different times.

Would be sooooo much fun to see Paige at her prime battling Kristen at her prime.

Last edited:
Just my opinion:

While DG is doing quite well in Europe, and Henna and Evaliina often can play with the best of them (when their putting doesn't take them out of contention)...

Kristin really seems to be thriving amid the depth of the DGPT FPO field since 2021, when covid related travel restrictions were loosened.

Although Kristin's game plan has always been to "play her game" and to "play the course," rather than to react to her opponents' play, I can't help but think we're seeing better golf from her, specifically because of all the talent on the DGPT week in and week out.

I could be wrong, but I just dont think she'd have elevated her game to the same level, had she stuck to the European circuit.

Just my opinion:

While DG is doing quite well in Europe, and Henna and Evaliina often can play with the best of them (when their putting doesn't take them out of contention)...

Kristin really seems to be thriving amid the depth of the DGPT FPO field since 2021, when covid related travel restrictions were loosened.

Although Kristin's game plan has always been to "play her game" and to "play the course," rather than to react to her opponents' play, I can't help but think we're seeing better golf from her, specifically because of all the talent on the DGPT week in and week out.

I could be wrong, but I just dont think she'd have elevated her game to the same level, had she stuck to the European circuit.

100% agree. . i dont think she would have been even close to the player she is by just playing A tiers i Europe.

I would like to see how she practice and HOW she has beome this good and what she does that other Euro player dont.

But that said it must be a lonely life spending so much time half way around the world away from her family and friends . . .shes dont even have a caddie.

Hard to see her donig this for to many years. . if she dont move to the US like Simon did

But that said it must be a lonely life spending so much time half way around the world away from her family and friends . . .shes dont even have a caddie.

Hard to see her donig this for to many years. . if she dont move to the US like Simon did

I'm sure Silver being present at most of the events and travelling with her is a big source of support.
But no doubt all the time away from her daughter adds up, and cumulatively takes a toll.

Obviously, she must have a good support system back in Estonia.

And while you couldn't have asked for a better behaved child at this event ladt year, its really a shame how things played out, because I think that was the first time the brought her daughter on the tour with her. I hope it's not the last.

I have to think that the strength of field in Kristin's recent success is light years stronger than any before. If she can stay healthy, wow.

Nate and Terry are acting like lead card is the best place to be tomorrow, completely ignoring the plethora of chase card winners this year, lol.

Nate and Terry are acting like lead card is the best place to be tomorrow, completely ignoring the plethora of chase card winners this year, lol.

Chase card might be the safest place to be! It's possible that Isaac spent all his good breaks in the first three rounds. All the other players have had to gut up on at least a few holes. Final round will be exciting for sure.

Chase card might be the safest place to be! It's possible that Isaac spent all his good breaks in the first three rounds. All the other players have had to gut up on at least a few holes. Final round will be exciting for sure.

It will be fun to watch. I think every one else is playing for second right now, and I think second place will likely come from chase card. I think the other 3 players on lead card will be pressing too much trying to keep up and chase card will be playing more relaxed.

I think Isaac will get the w.

I wouldn't sat theres no way anyone he can lose, but he doesn't seem like the type to let the pressure of having a 7 stroke lead get to him.

At least not to the point of pissing away a 7 stroke lead.

I wouldn't sat theres no way anyone he can lose, but he doesn't seem like the type to let the pressure of having a 7 stroke lead get to him.

At least not to the point of pissing away a 7 stroke lead.

I agree. I was thinking about his style and how that would work from the front. I think he embodies the play against the course mindset. I wonder if he ever checks scores? I'm sure he knows how he is doing, but he seems like he's not one to pay much attention to what everyone else does.

Latest posts