• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 The Open at Austin presented by Lone Star Disc

Good grief. What is DGPT and DGN even doing? This course is hideous. If the goal was to find a piece of property with less potential than Winthrop.....kudos on a job well done. My first watch of the year was this FPO Austin livestream. It is nearly unwatchable. Dreadful course, difficult to see OB, random OB, rectangular man-made green areas???? Are venues simply bid for? Did someone with a pile of cash just throw it DGPT/DGN's way and presto....an event is born. Christ, if you are going to do this, at least find a maintained piece of property in a nice climate. There are plenty of golf courses that water the grass all winter.

I simply must be in the minority that wants to watch pro disc golf that resembles the game I play. Obviously not the skill set, but everything else.

/end rant. :eek:

I also want to watch disc golf that's like I play. But I'll withhold judgement till the post production comes out, everything on DGN looks like dog****.

Good grief. What is DGPT and DGN even doing? This course is hideous. If the goal was to find a piece of property with less potential than Winthrop.....kudos on a job well done. My first watch of the year was this FPO Austin livestream. It is nearly unwatchable. Dreadful course, difficult to see OB, random OB, rectangular man-made green areas???? Are venues simply bid for? Did someone with a pile of cash just throw it DGPT/DGN's way and presto....an event is born. Christ, if you are going to do this, at least find a maintained piece of property in a nice climate. There are plenty of golf courses that water the grass all winter.

I simply must be in the minority that wants to watch pro disc golf that resembles the game I play. Obviously not the skill set, but everything else.

/end rant. :eek:

I watched the Jomez practice round and they hated it. Nate even asked about when the latest time was that he could withdraw and get his money back. They really didn't have anything good to say about the course. Only good thing was them having Kyle Klein with them....even he struggled.

McBeth tore the course apart in his post round interview.

Yeah. The specific reasons he gave (at least the ones I heard; my broadcast cut out mid-interview) were that he hated 17 and 18, and 17 is decidedly not a ball golf type hole.

Yeah. The specific reasons he gave (at least the ones I heard; my broadcast cut out mid-interview) were that he hated 17 and 18, and 17 is decidedly not a ball golf type hole.

He hated 18 also because he has a "perfect" drive, and had no approach to the green.

To me it looked like he just fluffed his approach shot, didn't turn it enough and put it OB left.

I thought Paul came off a little smug on the interview but he is entitled and has certainly earned the right to comment on the course. Just because you can doesnt mean you should though. Theres a better place and platform to address tour stops/courses if that's his goal.

One of the course designers is pdga #200 and has done so much for the sport. I dont know the other but Im guessing I similar story. Im also guessing neither got paid. It just seemed disrespectful.

He hated 18 also because he has a "perfect" drive, and had no approach to the green.

To me it looked like he just fluffed his approach shot, didn't turn it enough and put it OB left.

foxdawg10 to Paul: "Git gud."

I thought Paul came off a little smug on the interview but he is entitled and has certainly earned the right to comment on the course. Just because you can doesnt mean you should though. Theres a better place and platform to address tour stops/courses if that's his goal.

One of the course designers is pdga #200 and has done so much for the sport. I dont know the other but Im guessing I similar story. Im also guessing neither got paid. It just seemed disrespectful.

McBeth comes off as smug period, lol.

Just watched Gatekeeper R1. Not exactly sure what Paul had that much to be pissed off about. He missed quite a few putts on front nine (no fault of the course) and even got a freebie on 15 after shanking the forehand but rolling to an easy putt.

Sure, #17 has about twice as many saplings that there needs to be, but Paul f@+€&ed up on his own.

And I guess the green on #18 is kind of stupid but 3 of his cardmates didn't feel the need to fade OB left on the approach.

Course looked rough and a bunch of hard to score on par 3s but all this talk made me expect a roaring dumpster fire. It was nowhere near as bad as it sounded. 12 was a little random I guess and 14 looked dumb on the map but I dont thinks its any worse than any of the other filler holes on tour where the only challenge is to put it inbounds.

I watched the Jomez practice round and they hated it. Nate even asked about when the latest time was that he could withdraw and get his money back. They really didn't have anything good to say about the course. Only good thing was them having Kyle Klein with them....even he struggled.

I tried watching the back 9 of the practice round. I found their non stop whining unwatchable.

I should give them a commentary of my work day and force them to watch it, lol. They will realize how lucky they are to get paid for doing these practice rounds.

I guess Simon's figuring out his bag. :)

Pierce and Tattar battling for 1st. Would love to see moar of that.

Who knows? Maybe Kristin's dominance is just what Paige needs to get her passion back. Would love to see those two battling it out in more events.

I tried watching the back 9 of the practice round. I found their non stop whining unwatchable.

I should give them a commentary of my work day and force them to watch it, lol. They will realize how lucky they are to get paid for doing these practice rounds.

Koling, Sexton and Uli don't look like they made any effort to prepare for a new season. Should serious competitors be sporting dad bods in their mid 30's?

Latest posts