• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2024 Reviewer of the Year

P.S. Dallas is a great city with really good disc golf, I'm really enjoying my time here!
It was good to meet you when you came by the store.

Sorry I slept all day on Saturday, I had forgotten that my manager was going to take this week off and I was frustrated because I was trying to make plans for this week. Instead I am working 6 days in a row of open to close this week.

It was good to meet you when you came by the store.

Sorry I slept all day on Saturday, I had forgotten that my manager was going to take this week off and I was frustrated because I was trying to make plans for this week. Instead I am working 6 days in a row of open to close this week.

Same!! We loved the pizza by the way, that crust was awesome. Would have been fun to get a round in. I'm coming back in town this weekend after I come back from Shreveport. Not sure if you're able to then but I'd thought I'd mention it to you.

@sillybizz you coming through KC perchance?

I'm not. The plan for the rest of the trip is to head to Durant, OK tomorrow to play that Eric Mccabe designed course then head to Shreveport, LA and play a few courses there before heading back west towards home. I'd be willing to drive as far North as Oklahoma City perhaps a bit further. I'm not great at US geography so I'm not so sure how far that is from you but if that's reasonable I would love to meet up with you.

Same!! We loved the pizza by the way, that crust was awesome. Would have been fun to get a round in. I'm coming back in town this weekend after I come back from Shreveport. Not sure if you're able to then but I'd thought I'd mention it to you.
Saturday the 6th?

Not positive, but I do believe I have the day off, I have to go to my Nephews rehearsal dinner that evening and his Wedding on Sunday.

I was going to recommend Breckenridge, but I think Eric McCabe is running a Doubles event out there. (not sure if you hit that one when you were in town)

anyways, if you are in DFW on Saturday and I have enough time to get home, bet cleaned up and get to Frisco I would love to catch a round.

Saturday the 6th?

Not positive, but I do believe I have the day off, I have to go to my Nephews rehearsal dinner that evening and his Wedding on Sunday.

I was going to recommend Breckenridge, but I think Eric McCabe is running a Doubles event out there. (not sure if you hit that one when you were in town)

anyways, if you are in DFW on Saturday and I have enough time to get home, bet cleaned up and get to Frisco I would love to catch a round.

Yeah I should be back by Saturday, haven't played Breckenridge yet. Perhaps @aclay could join us as well. I was supposed to play with him today but my back is all messed up, perhaps if things line up well the 3 of us could get a round in. @dreadlock86 and @TheOtherBill are also always invited in my group as well. Anyone else reading this in the area and wants to play while I'm here, message me.

I'm not. The plan for the rest of the trip is to head to Durant, OK tomorrow to play that Eric Mccabe designed course then head to Shreveport, LA and play a few courses there before heading back west towards home. I'd be willing to drive as far North as Oklahoma City perhaps a bit further. I'm not great at US geography so I'm not so sure how far that is from you but if that's reasonable I would love to meet up with you.
If you are playing Durant, get up to Boggy Depot, it's about a 45min drive and well worth it.

If you are driving to Shreveport in the daylight. Best courses between are

Trey Texas Ranch (2 John Houck courses who's days are numbered)

BlackBerry Pines very good P2P east Texas wooded course. You pay online, he emails you a code to get into the gate.

Jefferson Lake Not the best course in the word, but it does not suck and has a few great holes.

If you drive though Texarkana play the new Spillway Park course. Just redesigned to 18, I have not played it but have heard good things.
Spring Lake has 36 holes in a Park. You can play of OG Central course, or play the East or West course.

If you want to hit an Arkansas course
Cottonshed Park in Mineral Springs is a decent course, but not marked when I played it. Got to use UDisc.
Nashville AR is pretty close to there. It's a decent park style course

If you play Shreveport

Ford Park is a popular park style course
Highland is another park style course
Clyde Fant is the oldest course in LA, I do believe it can still be played at night. I know I have played a round of night golf there. It is between Clyde Fant Pkway and the lights for the road light up the course.
Mike Woods - DON'T
First Course Blanchard - very good for a church course. Is more like a park than a church course.

If you can Hit Lake Bistineau State Park, Mike Brown design. It's a very good course.

Same with Brian Harrison Memorial NE of Shreveport. It's a very good course with some elevation and plenty of tree's.

You owe it to yourself to play in Tyler TX. If not this time, put it on your list for next time you are in the area. Several decent to great courses all in one area. It will take you more than a day to play them all.

I'm going to completely derail topic here - I see you're from Loughborough, UK @Jillian . That's the name of the street we used to live on (but in USA) 😀. Nobody ever pronounced it right though. Stupid Americans.
When we defeat the British and then have to help save them during world wars, us Americans pronounce it how we please.

When we defeat the British and then have to help save them during world wars, us Americans pronounce it how we please.
It's not just British place names though. I drove through Vienna, IL last week. Any guesses on how the locals pronounce it?

Hint: not at all like the city in Austria.

Dang, I've lost my lead already.

The quicker you get behind, the more time there is to catch up.

Is there a place to see the final review numbers for 2023 or the current totals for 2024?

The quicker you get behind, the more time there is to catch up.

Is there a place to see the final review numbers for 2023 or the current totals for 2024?
Check the 2033 Reviewer of the Year thread for the final tallies. 2024 will get periodic updates from me and I'm sure wellsbranch as well.

Yeah I should be back by Saturday, haven't played Breckenridge yet. Perhaps @aclay could join us as well. I was supposed to play with him today but my back is all messed up, perhaps if things line up well the 3 of us could get a round in. @dreadlock86 and @TheOtherBill are also always invited in my group as well. Anyone else reading this in the area and wants to play while I'm here, message me.
Double checked. Tournament at Breckenridge, that course is out.

Another Eric McCabe course is Heritage in Flower Mount. It's a fun track.

friday and saturday i don't work until 7pm so i'm down to meet up anywhere you end up playing. hopefully all the old guys can make it, Bill is the only one i've met so far, iirc. this 42y/o young punk will be honored to hang with the adults :D

Latest posts