• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3 fingers or 4?

Three finger all day....unless you are going for an Anhyzer which requires snap...then go four

very stable discs use four, bu release again helps too:thmbup:

Don't listen to this guy..........especially when he basically "swears" by it.

If you notice there is no logic in his reasoning for switching grips from 3 to 4.

I started out with something like what I call "The spider man grip" that feldberg talks about. I call it that because I leave my pointer and pinky out more. That started me with a two finger grip technically.

I then switched to a three finger type grip that tucks the pointer underneath the thumb but is further away from the other two middle and ring fingers.

I used to use a 2 finger grip just because it felt more natural to me but as of lately I've switched over to a 3 finger grip because I tend to drive further that way without sacrificing accuracy. I'd advise that you do what feels more comfortable to you because I'd think that you'd rather be accurate than far (or at least I would) but that might just be me

Don't listen to this guy..........especially when he basically "swears" by it.

If you notice there is no logic in his reasoning for switching grips from 3 to 4.

Have you seen some of his other posts? He confuses me, sometimes his reply sounds like it was meant for another thread, other times he gives the opposite of what would of been good advice.

To the OP: I know people that drive with 2, 3 and 4 fingers. All the ones who drive the furthest and most accurate that I've witnessed use 4. The only people I've seen drive over 400' using less than four fingers were FH throwers. I'm sure it's possible to throw that far BH with a 2 finger grip, but why bother. 4 finger grip gives you a better hold on the disc and reduces the chance of it slipping from your grip. I started with 3 because I thought it felt comfortable but switching to 4 made me drive better and after getting used to it I think it feels fine.

Aren't we going by if 4 fingers are under the flight plate it counts as 4(spread out or not) and 3 is one finger on the rim. Just thought I'd see about betting that clarified since some talk as though fingers spread on the bottom of the flight plate don't count.

Latest posts