• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

360 distance throw

lol I tried. Looks good though. I messed around with a 360 throw yesterday and pulled off some good rollers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No measurement was made but I would guess around 500ft.(400+ft uphill)

Disc flew past the trees and over the hill.
Pic from another time I was out.
picture.php

I can't imagine throwing a chicken wing like that for distance, a couple of those and my shoulder would be toast.

"I think that the 360 is for wennies" - Garret Gurthie

Double G is a routine winner of Distance Competitions and pretty darn good player to boot. I'm not dissing you guys or anything but I'm just wondering what you think about the idea that maybe the 360 doesn't help that much. Granted Garret is a bit of freak when it comes to throwing distance...

I don't ever see myself using it.

its hard to say weather or not you are able to throw harder doinga 360...but for throwing really hard, its helps you set up better for the throw....if that makes any sence

"I think that the 360 is for wennies" - Garret Gurthie

Double G is a routine winner of Distance Competitions and pretty darn good player to boot. I'm not dissing you guys or anything but I'm just wondering what you think about the idea that maybe the 360 doesn't help that much. Granted Garret is a bit of freak when it comes to throwing distance...

I don't ever see myself using it.

I disc with a fellow who plays on the Canadian mens national ultimate team and when throwing for fun distance with a golf disc, naturally went to a 360. I think as each player develops their technique, certain body motions avail themselves when faced with accomplishing various throwing tasks. He has no previous DG experience, or used the discs before this summer yet whether or not the 360 is itself the 'right' way - he absolutely crushed distance doing this. I say whatever works!

Latest posts