• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5th Annual DGCR OKTHROWBERFEST -- WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS EPIC!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
OK DGCR -- It's time to start prepping for the 5th installment of the greatest disc dyeing contest the internet has ever seen --

9388762566_d47038e80e_o.png

This contest features all of your favorite dye masters on DGCR, as well as the new crop of talented disc customizers, and anyone else who wants to test their dyeing skills for a chance to win BIG!

Can you believe it? FIVE YEARS of OKTHROWBERFEST!

Last year we were able to pay out deep into the entry pool, largely because of YOU!

We also had TWENTY discs donated for the payout as well!

If you can donate money,
please PM me!

Every little bit helps!

If you're willing to donate a piece of plastic(or multiples),
please, PM me!

Preferred white or clear premium plastic for dyeing purposes, but ANY donated plastic will be greatly appreciated!

If you're willing to donate anything else(swag, shirts, hats, etc),
please, PM me!

We will provide more concrete details on the contest as we roll into late August, but we need to get the ball rolling on the donations, so here you go!

If you've enjoyed gawking over the incredible works the dye masters provide these threads, PLEASE consider donating to this, the best annual contest for disc dyeing you'll find, and the ONLY dyeing contest on DGCR!

DON'T WAIT! Go check through your spare, dust-collecting plastic and donate NOW! Help make this contest even better than last year's, which was EPIC!

Want to see what's possible? How about a few examples from the last 4 years of Okthrowberfest --

9369835555_16a6905f1d_o.png

Incredible! So what are you waiting for? Help is needed RIGHT NOW! Go check to see what you have available to donate to help make this contest AMAZING!

I don't dye, but love seeing the work done for this contest. There are many talented artists here on this site. Good luck guys!

I don't dye, but love seeing the work done for this contest. There are many talented artists here on this site. Good luck guys!

So help make this year's the best yet and donate something! :hfive:

Ask your local club if they're willing to help with a disc donation!

Ask your local disc golf vendors if they can spare a peice of plastic, a stool, some minis, ANYTHING to help support the greatest disc dyeing contest of all time!

Ask your friends on the course! Show them the examples above!

Thanks as always everyone, this contest is succesful because YOU help make it so!

I love this contest, and Vegas already has DyeingToPlay as a 2-1 favorite to win.

It's tourney season, and that means MERCH! Think about donating to Okthrowberfest!

inbounds Disc Golf is in and we're happy to donate a prize pack. You guys have RIDICULOUS talent and it deserves to be recognized.

A couple great donations so far!

Inbounds Disc Golf has put up another prize pack, sure to excite anyone who wins it!

BraveThrower43 donated FOUR sweet discs tonight, 3 of them beautiful sparkle/glittler discs ACHING to be won, and dyed!

You can help too!

1. Go look at your plastic collection. You know you have one.
2. Find a disc or two that would make a great prize donation. You know you have some.
3. Send me a PM letting me know what the disc(s) is(are).
4. I let the world know that you helped support the greatest disc dyeing contest there ever has been!
5. Karma smiles upon you for the rest of the calendar year!

See how easy that is? Won't you help a dyeing artist? :thmbup:

timg is in for a couple more PREMIUM DGCR MEMBERSHIPS this year! And possibly more, so stay tuned!

Got our first CASH donation today! Still a LONGGG way to go -- please help if you can, let me know today and help make this the best Okthrowberfest yet!

First of the month, and a Friday, ya'll should DEFINITELY be donating to the awesomeness that IS Okthrowberfest!

Please find it in your hearts to give, to make DGCR's contest the best dye contest there is! It won't be without YOUR HELP!

Time to dig through the stacks and see what I can free up. I'll do that this weekend.

Starting to pick up momentum!

A few more pledges of discs and cash, and Disc Nation stepping up with a $50 Disc Nation gift certificate to the winner! Big thanks to Zach and the Austin crew for helping to make the 2013 Okthrowberfest AWESOME!

Who's next?

It could be YOU!

A disc, a shirt, a $10 or $20 donation, anything and everything will help, and we still need lots of it!

Help make this the best disc dyeing competition anywhere!

Thanks Bill, we'll take anything we can get for prizes!

Keep em coming guys! You KNOW you have extra plastic sitting around, just ONE DISC can make a dyer's dreams come true!

I have a couple discs to donate as prizes. More collector item than something that could be dyed on. 9x KC Teebird and a Two Ring San Marino Aviar (small bead) with a nice Tourney stamp from early 2000's. Both have been shelved and never thrown.

I was thinking of entering the competition and then saw the discs posted from previous years. Holy smokes they are bad ass. It sure motivates me to keep creating.