• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

7 Mold/25 Disc Limit

2 - KC Pro Aviars
3 - Rocs (2-Glow, 1-KC Pro)
1 - Hornet (Z)
1 - Leopard (Champ)
3 - Teebirds (DX,Champ,Star)
1 - Valk (Star)
4 - Destroyers (Pro,2-Champ,Star)

I don't suppose different variations on a mold count as mold? Like a San Marino vs Rancho version of a disc?

I think that's up for debate. For conversation purposes, it's up to you. :thmbup: I won't be a rule Nazi in regards to a hypothetical rule.

1 cryztal flx challenger 174
1 x buzzz 175
1 z wasp 178
1 z predator 169
1 z force 169
1 esp nuke 173
1 Z nukeSS 167

that pretty much sums up my bag right now, sans surge, glide, cryztal z challenger

that is almost

3 KC Pro Aviars
6 DX/KC/Champion Rocs
3 Champion/Star Teebirds
2 Star Sidewinders
1 Champion Firebird
3 Star Destroyers

6 Molds - 18 Discs

The last mold spot would be either a DX Dart, Pro Pig, or CE Viper.

My normal bag, subbing Champ Teebird for Banshee and dropping the Rhyno

Mamba
Krait
Teebird x 3 (Champ, fresh DX, seasoned DX)
Diamond
Roc x 2
Comet
Anode

7 molds, 10 discs

Ok. I think I would roll w/ this set-up for most courses. Going mostly with altering my bag, rather than adding things I don't YET own. :)

4x Destroyers (2x 168-172g Pro: one beat, one fresh)(2x 168-172g Star: one beat, one fresh)
3x Teebirds (fresh max-weight Star, beat 169g Champ, beat 175g DX)
2x Buzzz (both max-weight Z's, one fresh, one beat)
2x Wasp (both max-weight Z's, one fresh, one beat)
1x Star Gator (beadless, 172g)
4x Rhynos (2x Champ: driving and upshots, 2x Pro: putting)
2x Aviar Drivers (one fresh, one beat)

How could I forget my Monsters?! Will have to remove Aviars, carry more Rhynos (more seasoned) and throw in my Monsters for windy days and forehand drives.

I never understand why people want to impose limits or more rules on something as creative as disc golf.
There should be no limits on imagination or creativity.

What's next, shot restrictions? Sidearm only divisions. lol

I never understand why people want to impose limits or more rules on something as creative as disc golf.
There should be no limits on imagination or creativity.

What's next, shot restrictions? Sidearm only divisions. lol

I think forcing players to do more with less accomplishes several things good for the sport.

It would I think make a greater divide between average players and good ams and pros. Better disc golfers don't need a disc or mold for every shot as they can manipulate a smaller set of discs that they know better to accomplish what they need.

It would shorten round length, albeit by only a bit, by limiting selection and options for shots.

It more forces players to play golf. By taking out a lot of discs or molds, I at least, came to see what sort of shots I was good at and the fewer discs/molds accentuated how much better some parts of my game were than others. So now I am more likely to try to put myself in situations to throw those shots. This really only applies for longer holes or holes you can't reach from the tee.

Disc Golf is a sport, not an art. Sparking imagination or creativity shouldn't be its aim. It should aim to spark competition. I think a mold/disc limitation would add a degree of strategy thus increasing the quality of competition.

2 flippy *d destroyers
1 stable ds destroyer
2 champ destroyers 1 new 1 beat

1 super poppy top esp nuke(166) for wide open distance holes where mistakes are not punished badly

3 older 12x teebirds, 1 new 1 moderately beat and 1 super beat

3 5x valks, 1 new 1 moderately beat and 1 super beat

4 kc rocs (whatever mix of 11x and 12x's I have at the time of different beats)

1 ontario champ rhyno

2 sss voodoos

7 molds 19 discs and exactly my bag.....unless its super windy then I'll add a esp zone and a beefy xcal

I think forcing players to do more with less accomplishes several things good for the sport.

It would I think make a greater divide between average players and good ams and pros. Better disc golfers don't need a disc or mold for every shot as they can manipulate a smaller set of discs that they know better to accomplish what they need.

It would shorten round length, albeit by only a bit, by limiting selection and options for shots.

It more forces players to play golf. By taking out a lot of discs or molds, I at least, came to see what sort of shots I was good at and the fewer discs/molds accentuated how much better some parts of my game were than others. So now I am more likely to try to put myself in situations to throw those shots. This really only applies for longer holes or holes you can't reach from the tee.

Disc Golf is a sport, not an art. Sparking imagination or creativity shouldn't be its aim. It should aim to spark competition. I think a mold/disc limitation would add a degree of strategy thus increasing the quality of competition.

I agree with what you are saying - conversely, I think the game would be somewhat less interesting without the huge variety of brands/molds out there. Different discs strike different chords with different folks.

All for learning the discs one has tho.

3 star destroyers - 166 that's a freak, 175 freshie, 170 that goes
2 champ firebirds - 175 new and 175 f2 11x that came out last year.
4 eagles -175 11x, 175 star sexy , 175 dx, 170 l thats worn
1 road runner *
4 rocs all non plus molds couple glo couple dx all max
1 zone 175 esp
Bunch of wizards - chalkies, newer glos, erasers

I agree with what you are saying - conversely, I think the game would be somewhat less interesting without the huge variety of brands/molds out there. Different discs strike different chords with different folks.

All for learning the discs one has tho.

Oh, and I agree with you! I think it is great that we have so many different options to choose from. I just think that we, ya know, ought to have to choose.

Not sure if BB aviars and Beadless aviars and Eagle X's and Eagle L's are seperate molds, but I'll assume they're the same.

I'd have 4 aviars
1 Zone
2 Rocs
2 Comets
4 Eagles
2 Predators
3 Destroyers

I know this is only a "what if scenario" but maybe for tournaments there should be a limit on the number of discs, not the number of molds, if the limit is 29 discs, then I should be able to carry 29 different discs, but for this instance here are the 7 molds I'd carry:

Wraith
Valkyrie
Firebird
Teebird
Roc
Legacy Ghost
Legacy Clozer

I know this is only a "what if scenario" but maybe for tournaments there should be a limit on the number of discs, not the number of molds, if the limit is 29 discs, then I should be able to carry 29 different discs, but for this instance here are the 7 molds I'd carry:

Wraith
Valkyrie
Firebird
Teebird
Roc
Legacy Ghost
Legacy Clozer

How does the Ghost compare to the Roc for you? I just ask because I've been interested in the Ghost and heard that is was very Roc like. I feel like I heard comparisons of them to 8x's somewhere on here.

I would have:

5 CE Firebirds (thumber, sidearm, backhand) fx and fl
3 Zero Line spike putters ( different wares)
5 Patriots ( various plastics and backups
2 Destroyers (different stabilities)
2 Cannons (different stabilities
3 Ghosts (different plastics)
3 Rivals (different plastics and backups)