• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A14 vs. C14

ODRB

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Plenty of you folks have or have had both. Care to share some pros and cons? Or comparison photos? Capacity (new and once stretched out), weight, comfort, fatigue, materials, little nitpicky details, etc.

I can't put my hands on them side by side, but would like to make the right choice.

I really dig my Shift, but there is no rainfly and no good workaround (because of the way the shoulder straps attach). So I'll need something else for Oregon's rainy winter.

The rain fly for the C14 hasn't been released yet but it does look like it will be a really nice one from the photos I've seen. Hope its out soon, I just got my C14 today and would like to have it for the fall here in Michigan.

So.

They're both good bags.

I like the A14 better. It's heavier, but I find the weight distributes through my back better. I also like to err on the side of too much space vs. too little. I drive with putters a decent bit, so I carry a few throwing putters. Friends who don't seem to fit in the C14 better.

My friend has a L Series and I have the C14. The C14 is super stable for me, hasn't even tried to tip over once. It's easy on and off and feels light on the back. Although I wish the bottle holders were bigger I never have the annoyance of them banging my elbows when I carry it or take it on and off. It rides on one shoulder nicely too. To be honest I really wanted the shift, but no rain fly option was a deal breaker.(for now) I hate getting caught in the rain and not be able to keep your bag dry. At least I know the option is coming for the C14. If UPD can come up with a rain fly for the Shift I'm in.

As for my friends L Series, his main complaint is its just too much bag for most courses we play. The weight catches up to you after a full day of golf.

If you don't need to carry a lot of extras I'd say the C14. You can strap clothes on the side compression straps if you need. It's not ideal but it has worked for me.

For reference I'm 5'8" 150 lbs. I carry 12-14 discs in my C14

Latest posts