• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace on the first round

inkjunky

I recently took a friend with me to play a round that had never played before. We were playing at Miximo Park in St Petersburg FL. On hole 14 (around 230') I gave him a ROC and told him to let it rip. He put it right down the middle and got nothing but chains, ACE! I couldn't believe he got an ace on his first round of disc golf and I had to give up a sweet ROC for the accomplishment.

Anyone ever heard of anyone getting an ace on their first round they ever played?

A buddy of mine hit chains on his second time out. That's quite an accomplishment your buddy made, though. Buy him a beer for that.

I took my brother out once. He is one of the "it's just throwing a frisbee" types. Secretly, I wanted to spank his behind so he would take DG a little more seriously. He nailed the chains on the very first hole. The cruel pole rejected him, but he was even more sure that it was a game that required little to no skill. By the time we finished 18, and I was ahead by 17 throws, he started to believe that there was technique involved. :]

I took my brother out once. He is one of the "it's just throwing a frisbee" types. Secretly, I wanted to spank his behind so he would take DG a little more seriously. He nailed the chains on the very first hole. The cruel pole rejected him, but he was even more sure that it was a game that required little to no skill. By the time we finished 18, and I was ahead by 17 throws, he started to believe that there was technique involved. :]

There's a good lesson.

I didn't even have to look at your locale to know you're from the land of 10,000 lakes.

Do you really think that many people know who Joe Mauer is? (I get a pass as a Brewer fan)

Ha, well anyone that pays attention to baseball knows both the M & M boys. Mauer - A.L batting champ. Morneau - A.L. MVP

Remeber the Brewer - Twins game this year in the dome when Mauer was hit and then Morneau went yard to win the game? (great game)

I recently took a friend with me to play a round that had never played before. We were playing at Miximo Park in St Petersburg FL. On hole 14 (around 230') I gave him a ROC and told him to let it rip. He put it right down the middle and got nothing but chains, ACE! I couldn't believe he got an ace on his first round of disc golf and I had to give up a sweet ROC for the accomplishment.

Anyone ever heard of anyone getting an ace on their first round they ever played?

my friend got one in his third round

Latest posts