• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2013 disc speculation

What do you think it will be?

• Overstable putter

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Straight-flying putter

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Understable putter

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Overstable midrange

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Straight-flying midrange

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Understable midrange

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • Overstable fairway driver

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Straight-flying fairway driver

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Understable fairway driver

Votes: 22 19.0%

• Total voters
Not many holes in Discraft's lineup to fill. The only one I could see is a longer Hornet. Similar to how the Zombee is a longer Buzzz. Not sure if the will do two drivers in a row though.

On a side note, I noticed the 2011 Zeppelin has never gone into post Ace Race production.

Judging by the prices & activity in the DGCR Marketplace, there does not appear to be a huge demand for them event though they could be considered OOP.

On a side note, I noticed the 2011 Zeppelin has never gone into post Ace Race production.

Judging by the prices & activity in the DGCR Marketplace, there does not appear to be a huge demand for them event though they could be considered OOP.

The Zeppelin was not particularly well received and thus never went into production.

Just because a disc is OOP doesn't mean it's valuable.

I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd love to see something along the lines of a fastback type lid. Not that anybody cares enough for it to be a glaring hole in their line up, but Discraft doesn't have a really good Superclass disc.

Or a zephyr style disc. Either would be fun but im nit sure that the market in general would be as excited for a disc like that

The more i think about it, the more i am leaning toward a driver thats faster than a true fairway. Even tho theyre dumb and would make the ace race less fun, there is more wiggle room for a potentially new mold in that section of their lineup. Something between an avenger and avenger ss maybe.

Last edited:
I also think a wide-diameter, floaty midrange would be neat (wider than the Zeppelin).

:eek:

The Zeppelin barely fits in a bag as it is. So, you want a Condor sized AR disc, huh? Hey, why the heck not. It'd make a great roller.

My Zombees are among my least stable (most understable) discs that I own.

I hope they make a fast putter like an xd in esp flx plastic!

I wish Discraft hadn't tossed all of their OS fairway molds. Unless you count the Predator as a fairway. I don't really think it is though. Xtremes are too... Xtreme. And LE.

I want an Xtra :thmbup:

Although it wouldn't be much fun to play a round with just that.

Myself, I count on them making a OS fairway driver (not crazy OS but more overstable than a Stalker and a Zombee.) AKA Longer Hornet/Wasp! :hfive:

I think a lid type disc that was really floaty would be fun as well.

Myself, I count on them making a OS fairway driver (not crazy OS but more overstable than a Stalker and a Zombee.) AKA Longer Hornet/Wasp! :hfive:

A longer wasp would be awesome. Havent thrown a hornet yet.

I'd love to see an Eagle X competitor come from them. I know the XL is close, but its just a little less stable. Or a Ti Zone would make for a super fun one disc tourney.

Lid type disc that's really floaty = Zeppelin. That worked out well for them.

Maybe if they made a Zeppelin that was a bit more stable. I'd really rather them put out something for the Ace Race that is newb friendly -- that's the supposed purpose, isn't it? To attract new players by offering a fun way to compete?

I'm hoping for an understable mid. Something that would convince me to give up my beat-to-crap DX Stingray.

I'd love to see Discraft take a stab at a Leopard/River type disc.

X Xpress =~= pro Leo IMO.. my two favorite hyzer flip to straight or turn discs!

I would like to see something like a zone or a cryztal challenger, but more of a nice straight driving putter w a side of beef.. maybe in Ti? who knows what they've got cooked up, but I have hope it'll be sweet!