• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Races: Legacy vs. Discraft

And the decision is made:

I can't play either one. My daughter has TWO marching band competitions that day, so I'm not playing either one. I'd have played the Legacy event if I'd been able to play one, though.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

It probably depends more on the TD then the company. Ace races are meant to be set up with shortened holes that even first timers have a shot at making, but some TDs still put up 200+ feet holes.

Really the discs don't matter that much so go with the course or with people you know.
^this. Ace Races are more about who you're with than they are about the DG. Some TD's ask for people to put up prizes for whatever category the donator chooses; first ace, oldest/youngest person to ace, most metal hits with no aces, first person to ace whose birth month doesn't end in "R," person with the longest hair to ace... crazy fun stuff.

Additionally, I'd recommend not making your first round at a course an Ace Race... not becuase of the competetion, but because you don't really play the course as intended, in a normal round, so you kinda miss out on what it's like to put and take upshots, etc. Many TD's shorten holes, make new temp holes specifically for Ace Races, so pretty much any way you slice it, you don't get the full experience.

And the decision is made:

I can't play either one. My daughter has TWO marching band competitions that day, so I'm not playing either one.
Posted before I saw this, but good choice. As an involved parent, sometimes your schedule is not your own, but I really loved supporting the activities my kids were involved in when they were in school.

Last edited:
^^^^ what he said. I'm making the trip from south Fort Worth for it. Mostly cause I'm assisting him lol. But there are now 5 courses to play in the area. And with the way it's going there may be a big ace pot for the Sunday night mini. ;)

I saw a guy throw a Patriot about a year ago, only time I've seen Legacy actaully in the air around here. My buddy got a couple Rivals a while back just to try out & the plastic was awful. It was pearly but hard as a brick. The local shop carries Legacy but most of the premi plastic is like that, hard as can be

playerpackagebb-e1407070604168.jpg

Is that a pack of oatmeal?

Last edited:

Latest posts