• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces, 2009 edition

Witnessed a BLACK ace today. Pad of 14 at Johnny Roberts Memorial into the basket of hole 15. This was probably 180'+ we were crapping ourselves.

large_taylorkanye-1-1.jpg

Jesse B 707 said:
Ace #5 (and 5th this year if anyones counting :wink: ) on hole 13 (b position) at Golden Gate Park DGC, Forehand with my XXX, second XXX ace :mrgreen:

Which pin position?

Aces:
I got another short one with the freaking hyzer Banger and got old number 6 (now # 9 I think) at Bryant Lake http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=bryantlake&h=6 with the Whippet this week.

twelsch42 said:
Witnessed a BLACK ace today. Pad of 14 at Johnny Roberts Memorial into the basket of hole 15. This was probably 180'+ we were crapping ourselves.

Gotta ask how that happened as that would take a pretty wicked shank.

Spinach D said:
Jesse B 707 said:
Ace #5 (and 5th this year if anyones counting :wink: ) on hole 13 (b position) at Golden Gate Park DGC, Forehand with my XXX, second XXX ace :mrgreen:

Which pin position?

Aces:
I got another short one with the freaking hyzer Banger and got old number 6 (now # 9 I think) at Bryant Lake http://www.playdg.com/courses/?s=MN&c=bryantlake&h=6 with the Whippet this week.
the one where the only logical option is a FH (for a righty)

sorry i did not notice you said b position. I love the D position on that hole.

I'm a righty but forehand is rarely the best option in any circumstance.

I aced Hole #1 at Kincaid Park from the Am tee last night at our weekly random doubles league, scoring $291.00 for me and my partner! My first ace at Kincaid, my first ace in competitive play, and my first ace fund hit. I'm too stoked. :mrgreen: 254' slightly downhill with crazy tailwinds blowing - flicked my Star Firebird right into the pan. My third this year and sixth overall...

Frank Delicious said:
Ace #11

Buckhorn hole 16 - white tee - Hit it with a freakishly stable 169 X comet.
Comets are easy to ace with cuz you'll overthrow the hole every time.....just gotta get some metal in the way :p
nice ace :wink:

Jesse B 707 said:
Frank Delicious said:
Ace #11

Buckhorn hole 16 - white tee - Hit it with a freakishly stable 169 X comet.
Comets are easy to ace with cuz you'll overthrow the hole every time.....just gotta get some metal in the way :p
nice ace :wink:

Thanks.

It also helps that I was throwing a comet on a hole I normally throw a putter on. I am trying to break that damn disc in.

Threw the Magnet in yesterday on a short hole, but I don't think I am going to count putter aces any more.

In that case...forget I mentioned it

Got two to report!

9/19 - Crystal Lake Park #1 Longs - E-Element X (2nd ace on the disc)
9/20 - Vollrath Park - Rhyno (3rd ace on it!)

pd

Got two Aces at the 2009 Ace Race at Lakewood Hills. The holes weren't very long (100 & 150'), but I'm still going to count them.

On a side note - I really hope that Discraft puts this putter into production. Love it!

pointdisc said:
Got two to report!

9/19 - Crystal Lake Park #1 Longs - E-Element X (2nd ace on the disc)
9/20 - Vollrath Park - Rhyno (3rd ace on it!)

pd
Crystal Lake, IL?

If so ... nice!

Yeah I ended up going to play Nordic Mountain. I thought he didn't call me but I ended up later seeing that I missed a phone call from him so I just assumed he didn't want to go anymore and I didn't want to drive by myself.