• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

First of 2010 last night at Peninsula Park in Iowa City, IA. Hole 14b

We have a really great temporary 18 laid out due to the river still overflowing its banks. Nice hyzer with a Roc on a 290'-300' hole.

Got 2 aces in one round today at trangle sports in green bay! Hole #15 with a dx Roc and #18 with an ESP Force (skip ace).

3rd ace in just under a week...crazy.

1st of 2010 today, #13 @Community Park, Effingham. 213 blind shot (hill humps in middle of fairway) with ESP Comet. Ace pool $9.00 (ace throwers required to supply beer next league round! not enough for a case of cheap beer!). A friend hit the pool last week for over $50.00!

Played Riverpark in Riverdale UT today. Windy, light snow. (In May?) Playing hole 10 an open 289' shot with an OB path on the right and a Huge tree right in the middle of the fairway. Threw a disc I don't like (166g. Champion Groove) low and to the right. took a huge skip off the OB path and smashed chains. May have skipped twice. First Ace. :D Been playing for 2 1/2 years. And I play a lot. :D

33ommte.jpg

I have been hitting SO. MUCH. METAL. lately it is driving me crazy. Should have gotten aces #3-10 all in the past week but nothing will stick :(

I threw my CE FB on hole 11 at Belmont (which I always throw a low, fast skip line) skipped and hit the basket then pulled my 11x FB out threw it the exact same line skipped high into the number plate and actually landed on top of my first shot. I bet onlookers had never seen someone so angry about hitting metal before.
:evil:

curt said:
I nailed a 150-footer last night into a basketball hoop. 170g Z Xtreme underhand "horseshoe" shot onto the rectangle of the window & straight down.

Unfortunately, it was practice. (We have a weekly $1 "ace pot" for making the shot before my home poker game.) I will hit it for the $$ this summer.

FYI, the world record for this feat is about 125 feet.
the record was actually broken a couple weekends ago @ manor during the hott tourney. 131' I believe. Through the hoop and feel into the bottom traveler basket. Mitch should have the video up on youtube soon if it's not already.

it was the guys 1st tourney ever

VR...videotape it next time!

btw. I havnt gotten any aces this yr yet. I'm like cali though. Sooo many metal hits and spit outs it's fuckn ridiculous.

I'm praying my first comes this weekend. Traveling league is at the Germantown pitch n putt course this Sunday and the ace pot will be around 400 dollars. Daddy needs a new pair of brake pads.

Hit #8 out at Circle C yesterday (The same day I turned in my Master's Report to finish school forever) with a 170 star eagle. 324 tight downhill all the way. First ace of 2010.

curt said:
Hit #8 out at Circle C yesterday (The same day I turned in my Master's Report to finish school forever) with a 170 star eagle. 324 tight downhill all the way. First ace of 2010.
Wow... that's a really nice ace. Congrats!!!!!

thanks, I was really happy with it. In the interest of full disclosure though, I am a lefty, so it is a little bit easier for me.

I don't know. I would think that 8 would be easier for a rhbh throw or lhfh. If you threw lhbh holding a slight anny all the way down is an even nicer ace imo.

Finally! After 3 years playing I've got my first ace. Hole #4, Wickham Park, a 175' tunnel shot with a beat up Wizard. Wish it was longer, but I'll take it.

Banzai said:
Finally! After 3 years playing I've got my first ace. Hole #4, Wickham Park, a 175' tunnel shot with a beat up Wizard. Wish it was longer, but I'll take it.

NICE!! Hole 5 popped my ace cherry.

Banzai said:

Congrats, It's a great feeling!

I hit 2 aces in the last week. #16 at HSSA for the $151 ace pool & #14 at Acorn for the $82 ace pool. WOOT!

Mike C said:
Got my first on the 19th. Hole #16 in Canton Ohio. 265~ foot straight shot with some bushes about 40 feet in front of the basket. Had hit metal on it like 3 times, landed a Wizard on top of the basket and it bounced and hung on the side. Close enough. :D

Came close to getting it again yesterday with my buzz.

May 10th I was playing with a good friend and another person I had gone to school with who was playing for his first time. We got to hole #16 and I casually toss my Wizard at it, throwing it fairly high with some hyzer a bit wide to the right of the basket. Same line I always shoot on the hole. I toss, see that it looks good but looked a little too wide to the right, and as I'm turned around walking back to my bag I hear chains. We all stop and have a "holy shit" expression on our faces because it was a slow day and it came out of no where. I was super pumped. Then we walked up to the basket and it was laying 1 foot from the pin, having apparently bounced out. :roll:

Oh well, still marked my disc. I'm happy with that shot :D

2 aces for myself this year in 2010.

One in 30+ mph winds 207 foot hole with a z buzzz

second during our urban league this past monday played on and around boynton street here in portland maine. 200 foot blind ace anhyzer double bounce off a parking garage with a beat to piss ss magic.

Sigh. Yesterday I smashed the front of the basket on hole 2 and hole 6 at Canton. 3 ace runs in a week and none have stuck. Maybe today is the lucky day :D

Latest posts