• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alex Geisinger @ USADGC

dusty5150

Double Eagle Member
Anyone watch the MyThrow video of Alex Geisinger at the USADGC? His form looks weird, I'd be curious on comments, but check out the video at about 5:21 for a 600' bomb on #17 at the Toboggan Course..crazy! 20 years old, second year playing disc golf.

enjoy.

ps. i'm awesome at embedding video, please help :roll:

Out of curiosity, what was the disc used for that shot? I used a BlizzKatana and managed to be about even with the tall tree to the right of the green (from the perspective of the tee). It wasn't 600' -- closer to 500 for me. But that's Blizz plastic with a slight tailwind, plus that hole plays downhill about 15-20 feet until you try to approach the green. Then it's up 25-30 feet.

Those videos are nice -- definitely helpful seeing someone else play the course cleanly like that. His FH and BH drives were equally as good.

Hole 15 is my personal nemesis. I believe I can 3 it, I've just never been satisfied with my drive. Turning over on 3 is deadly, too. Much safer to just lay it out there and let it hyzer over towards 13.

Dusty5150 said:
...His form looks weird, I'd be curious on comments...

Although his rhythm is a bit different, it looks like he involves his legs and hips in his throws, which is 95%.

Hole 15 is a pretty easy hole with one caveat. I birdied it 2/3 rounds and had a putt for birdie all three rounds. The caveat is that you really should throw a forehand/LHBH off the tee. The fairway shapes up terribly for a backhand turnover. If you air it out and it doesn't turn enough your are screwed and if you turn it too much and cut roll you are screwed as well. CFR PD forehand the first two rounds and then thumber. The last round I threw a destroyer FH off the tee and was about 250' from the basket (well down the hill).

To me it looks more like Finnish form with the addition of leaning forward more from the hips. The way he shifts weight from the running direction and planting position vs where he's throwing at and at which angle adds power but is difficult to stay consistent at. Good for open hole max golf D but not the optimum for accuracy.

I had 17 in mind -- that's quite a blast to get that close to the pin.

Latest posts