• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

All Jump Putts Illegal in 2012?

jenb

* Ace Member *
A pro I played with today told me that jump putts outside the circle will be illegal in 2012, and that inlcudes even fairway drives. So you can be 1000 feet from the pin, but if you don't stop behind your mini, it's going to be a foot fault.

I thought, "surely there is a thread at DGCR about this," but I can't seem to find it. Will some kind soul please prerube me? Thx.

A pro I played with today told me that jump putts outside the circle will be illegal in 2012, and that inlcudes even fairway drives. So you can be 1000 feet from the pin, but if you don't stop behind your mini, it's going to be a foot fault.

I thought, "surely there is a thread at DGCR about this," but I can't seem to find it. Will some kind soul please prerube me? Thx.

I haven't heard anything about this, and I seriously doubt its validity. Also discussed last year on PDGA forums... http://www.pdga.com/discussion/archive/index.php/t-34567.html

What's this world coming too? People asking to be prerubed now. :)

Then we wouldn't be able to finish our follow through off the end of the pad and I would be very pissed.

Then we wouldn't be able to finish our follow through off the end of the pad and I would be very pissed.

The way the OP stated it, I assumed only the non tee shots would be in question.

No truth to that rumor. The only thing currently planned for the rules in 2012 is finally making the Rules Q&A as "official" as the rulebook.

1. "jump putting" doesn't exist. It's a casual term not a rulebook construct for the game so how can there be a rule against it?

2. (translating it to rulebook speak) what you're saying is this pro said that they will mandate that you cannot follow through on your shot anywhere, expanded from just within 10m. If this were the case then you couldn't run up to a shot and follow through.

Remember the rule book makes no distinctions in types of shots. If you're 150' away it doesn't matter if you "putt" it or "throw it" or kick it with your foot - it's all the same in the rulebook.

I think that would be GREAT! On every shot you must finish behind your lie. Real simple, and would eliminate a lot of questions and controversies. Having one rule for inside the circle and one for outside is weak. Sure all the jump putters would whine like little children, but if they are good players they'll adjust and learn something new.

I think that would be GREAT! On every shot you must finish behind your lie. Real simple, and would eliminate a lot of questions and controversies. Having one rule for inside the circle and one for outside is weak. Sure all the jump putters would whine like little children, but if they are good players they'll adjust and learn something new.

so stand and deliver on fairway shots 300+ feet out?... eeeeyuck. i'd rather see the falling putt rule dumped were that to be the case...not that i advocate changing either one...

Latest posts